Bradley Shyte Phillips is "Coming to America"

Jonnyboy

Admittedly not the best of footballers but he scored some vital goals for saints and definitely did his bit to put us on the path to where we are now so calling him that is a little disrespectful

Admittedly not the best of footballers but he scored some vital goals for saints and definitely did his bit to put us on the path to where we are now so calling him that is a little disrespectful

Agreed.

He helped to add momentum to our plummet, so enabling the magnificent bounce and subsequent rise we are still enjoying.

I think he should get a place on the forum banner.

Good League 1 player, out of his depth in the Championship.

Still can't believe we wasted that Coca Cola prize money on him.... even if he was considered a coup at the time. Remember the away game at Coventry when he could have been given all day and still wouldn't have converted a one-on-one if it came.

At least BWP chased the countless useless hoofs our midfield made to no one until he got tired. McGoaldraught hardly moved from a ten yard patch just past the half way line. The laziest player I have ever seen, including Stern John (just).

Had potential but never fulfilled it, maybe due to his off the field antics.

However did play well at times for us, i went to most games in his time here, i thought some games when he looked up for it, his work rate was amazing and he scored some great goals for us, i think Leeds at home if i remember was a goal that helped keep us in the hunt for the playoffs and changed the momentum that season.

As a player he was alright. Unfortunately this thread is another example from the sizeable moronic element our fan base has. Neither funny nor informative. Just pathetic.

Bradley "alright" Phillips just doesn't have much of a ring to it though does it?

As a player he was alright. Unfortunately this thread is another example from the sizeable moronic element our fan base has. Neither funny nor informative. Just pathetic.

Indeed, he was a decent Championship level player. If he'd stayed after relegation to league one he'd probably only have fallen out of the first team squad at the start of last season - and certainly would have had more of an impact than De Ridder in our promotion campaign.

• 1 year later...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/bradley-wright-phillips-continues-fine-form-4540913

Bradley Wright-Phillips continued his record-breaking form with a brace in the MLS Playoffs on Thursday night.

The New York Red Bulls striker matched the league record with an impressive 27 goals in 32 games, outscoring the likes of Robbie Keane, Jermain Defoe and Landon Donovan.

The tally saw Wright-Phillips become the first Englishman in history to win the MLS Golden Boot

I'm kinda looking forward to USA SoccerGuy bringing out a hit single on ITunes for BWP as he overtakes Landon Donovan in the Great God of MLS stakes.

It'll be up there with checking out the League position of the skates every season in the list of delicious ironies in life

another example of a player finding a place in the right team in the right league at the right time - and it fits his ability.

As I recall, he scored more goals for Saints as an oncoming sub. than he ever did when picked to start games, when he was frequently subbed off himself.

Pleased for him, but at his stage (and age)in his career, he's better off earning big bucks in the U.S. than harbouring thoughts of a return to the Football League. Championship level ...on a good day.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/bradley-wright-phillips-continues-fine-form-4540913

Bradley Wright-Phillips continued his record-breaking form with a brace in the MLS Playoffs on Thursday night.

The New York Red Bulls striker matched the league record with an impressive 27 goals in 32 games, outscoring the likes of Robbie Keane, Jermain Defoe and Landon Donovan.

The tally saw Wright-Phillips become the first Englishman in history to win the MLS Golden Boot

I guess the MLS has dispensed with the offside law if that's the case.