Watch every game live

Bartosz Bialkowski

I don't know if this is common knowledge but it may be useful to some of you. But Al Jazeera got the rights for the premier league for 3 years and you can subscribe from the UK...

if you follow this guide:

http://watchjsc.com/

it costs £85 for the season, but its HD and means you never miss a game. Has iPhone/iPad app as well.

I subscribed to ADMC last year but this is much better.

Hosted by Richard Keys and Andy Gray, all games have English commentary too.

example of quality http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGBM7cELsak

Its well worth it IMO, I can only do 2 or 3 away games a year, this way I don't miss out.

I don't know if this is common knowledge but it may be useful to some of you. But Al Jazeera got the rights for the premier league for 3 years and you can subscribe from the UK...

it costs £85 for the season, but its HD and means you never miss a game. Has iPhone/iPad app as well.

Its well worth it IMO, I can only do 2 or 3 away games a year, this way I don't miss out.

Superb HD quality. Hmm, might be worth doing.

Lot of confusion down here still.

Pubs haven't got their new boxes, cable operators haven't been told what to charge their customers and we have no idea if it will be on Saturday.

At the MOMENT you can get a 3 months subscription (down here it costs about $100) but also worth noting Al J have FA Cup Capital AND England games. They also have Europa & CL games

Not totally sure about the legality of them selling to people in the UK Sky/BT may have an issue about that so take care.

Also, Al J do NOT actually OWN the TV rights to the PL. The rights were won by some outfit NOBODY had ever heard of. Al J simply beat ADMC & OSN for the deal to be the BROADCAST partner

All we DO know is that the Manager of the @dubaisaints home pub (Barasti) has guaranteed we will be on live Saturday. Sorting the home access is secondary to that for us. We tend to use it in the winter when midweek games KO at midnight local and we can watch a bit before hitting the sack on work days

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news/uae-fans-in-the-dark-over-english-premier-league-tv-coverage

They're currently showing the following friendly games on their HD channels:

Belgium v France, Portugal v Holland, England v Scotland, Real Madrid v Barcelona, Evian v Sochaux. Plus an edition of Prem League Netbusters.

Plus a whole load of stuff on their non-HD channels.

It's very ace.

Also, they've just increased the number of sports channels to 16. They've got ridiculous amounts of football on there. Schedule of live stuff is as below:

http://www.en.aljazeerasport.tv/Schedule

Don't get carried away guys

They have THE worst Customer Service on the planet.

For the 2010 World Cup they provided a picture quality that made the average Juddervision Stream look like HD TV. They change matches plans and channels at zero notice - some of the Championship & L1 games were totally unwatchable due to the quality of their Video Feed (They broadcast across more than one Satellite unlike Sky for eg

(Eng game was advertised at + 6 it was on +10. You will NOT get English taters one every channel - at least ADMC/OSN let you switch language). Also only ONE game will have the full studio set each week. The round up and build up TV will be good Keys & Gray have actually moved to Qatar. So they will have the usual culprits as Pundits getting a freebie week away, airmiles and about 6 grand a session - Curbishley, Reid, Hoddle Venables et al. Last night they had Ray Clemence & Ian Wright with Andy Gray very old school for you lot now raised on Gary Neville!

And their web site and call centre? Even from here in Dubai back in 2010 I ran up 150 quid of phone bills TRYING to get the bloody stuff working before an England game (And DON'T try to get an answer from them on a Friday) - yes I ended up in a Pub watching it in Arabic despite having paid for it

It is NOT the Dog's Bananas. It IS an option though.

Oh and they have the 6 Nations Egg Chasers the Golf US Masters & US Open last couple of years

Don't get carried away guys

They have THE worst Customer Service on the planet.

For the 2010 World Cup they provided a picture quality that made the average Juddervision Stream look like HD TV. They change matches plans and channels at zero notice - some of the Championship & L1 games were totally unwatchable due to the quality of their Video Feed (They broadcast across more than one Satellite unlike Sky for eg

(Eng game was advertised at + 6 it was on +10. You will NOT get English taters one every channel - at least ADMC/OSN let you switch language). Also only ONE game will have the full studio set each week. The round up and build up TV will be good Keys & Gray have actually moved to Qatar. So they will have the usual culprits as Pundits getting a freebie week away, airmiles and about 6 grand a session - Curbishley, Reid, Hoddle Venables et al. Last night they had Ray Clemence & Ian Wright with Andy Gray very old school for you lot now raised on Gary Neville!

And their web site and call centre? Even from here in Dubai back in 2010 I ran up 150 quid of phone bills TRYING to get the bloody stuff working before an England game (And DON'T try to get an answer from them on a Friday) - yes I ended up in a Pub watching it in Arabic despite having paid for it

It is NOT the Dog's Bananas. It IS an option though.

Oh and they have the 6 Nations Egg Chasers the Golf US Masters & US Open last couple of years

I really don't care who the pundits are. I don't even care if the commentary is in Arabic, most of the English commentators are shocking anyway.

I've found the customer service decent his week when I've E-mailed them with a query.

My only concern is whether their site will crash on Saturday afternoon with all the new customers they've suddenly got in the last couple of weeks.

I take it it's illegal?

Sounds too good to not have any risks

Am thinking about trying this. Anyone know if the Al Jazeera iPad app supports HDMI out, so I can route it directly to the TV via AirPlay.

The SkyGo app does not support this, which means I'm stuck only being able to watch on the iPad screen rather than on the TV. Would like to check with the Al Jazeera app before taking the plunge.

Am thinking about trying this. Anyone know if the Al Jazeera iPad app supports HDMI out, so I can route it directly to the TV via AirPlay.

The SkyGo app does not support this, which means I'm stuck only being able to watch on the iPad screen rather than on the TV. Would like to check with the Al Jazeera app before taking the plunge.

Yes, you can link it to your TV with an HDMI cable. Though I have found you lose some of the resolution, and I get a better quality picture on my PC monitor.

Yes, you can link it to your TV with an HDMI cable. Though I have found you lose some of the resolution, and I get a better quality picture on my PC monitor.

Thanks Pat. Have an Apple TV so can use Airplay directly without an HDMI cable, it was just whether the Al Jazeera app on iPad blocked you from doing this like the Sky Go one does.

If you look on Digital Spy Forums, there's loads of debate from people who know a lot more about those sort of things than me.

This board is the one to look on; there's a couple of threads with decent stuff on there. Also there's an Australian message board called Whirlpool Forums which is decent.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=193

I take it it's illegal?

Sounds too good to not have any risks

Caveat Empor

Al J do NOT have the rights to sell a subscription to the UK and while it works now there COULD be a row later.

All I am saying is be careful guys.

Actually it could be bloody funny. You lot have to start using those strange IP switching products and pretending you are down here when we keep trying the reverse so we can get to sometimes watch IPlayer.

PMSL at the thought of TMS regulars suddenly finding themselves faced with our Proxy Police. 8)

The locals won't give a sh1t and will take money. Sky/BT will get annoyed having paid a lot and will either enforce IP tracking or start legal crap like they have done with pubs.

Take it while you can but don't expect any Consumer Protection (and yes Sky/BT could even go after the Credit Card companies for allowing transactions) and expect things COULD change and you'll need to be quick & nimble.

Also, Phil seems to be missing that none of these customers will have to deal with Al Jazeera customer service, they'll only have to deal with the middle man they're paying who's got access to the streams Al Jazeera have.

I still think it's weird to pay for something you can get just as legally for nowt though.

Caveat Empor

Al J do NOT have the rights to sell a subscription to the UK and while it works now there COULD be a row later.

All I am saying is be careful guys.

Actually it could be bloody funny. You lot have to start using those strange IP switching products and pretending you are down here when we keep trying the reverse so we can get to sometimes watch IPlayer.

PMSL at the thought of TMS regulars suddenly finding themselves faced with our Proxy Police. 8)

The locals won't give a sh1t and will take money. Sky/BT will get annoyed having paid a lot and will either enforce IP tracking or start legal crap like they have done with pubs.

Take it while you can but don't expect any Consumer Protection (and yes Sky/BT could even go after the Credit Card companies for allowing transactions) and expect things COULD change and you'll need to be quick & nimble.

214503754.jpg

This must be you.

To be honest though, if it is being streamed HD online, that says to me there should be some pretty decent free streams for each game no?

I'm waiting for the WBA game. If there are some much better quality streams, I'll stick with the free ones. If they're not really much better, I'll consider it but seems a bit pointless as I have Sky and will only be using it for Saints away games as I have a season ticket.

IT IS NOT ILLEGAL

Obtaining content without paying for it would be illegal, digital theft. However by subscribing and paying for it legitimately you are not breaking any law.

However you are breaching their Terms of service, so could be cut off, but would be due a refund for the loss of service as per their own terms.

Stop wetting the bed and sign up.

it really is freaking awesome, you cannot compare it to even the best sopcast free stream.

Seriously tempted by this, maybe time to say goodbye to Sky as rarely gets watched unless Saints are on..

Anyone know if it works on PS3 browser? That would allow me to hook up to main TV effortlessly and seal the deal...

I have tried to get this to work with no joy as yet, the PS3 doesnt like the DNS Server you have to enter

Ahhhh then you may not be able to change DNS anyway, unless you have your own router.

might be useful for the other poster who wanted to watch on his PS3 though.

offside streams hey.... Hmmm

I scrapped all Sky Sports & Boxnation. Now have Al Jazeera & Offside Streams.

Overplay (£3.99) + Offside Streams (£4.49) vs £37 a month for Sky Sports.... No contest

For 5.83 US dollars /month you can have VPN access to 83 countries as I have had for the past 5 years. For me the best VPN about. " ASTRILL" On Twitter anf Facebook/ Can access from inside China and Saudi.

You can have a 7 day trial no strings attached. They do special offers several times a year where you can extend mebership at half that payment.

https://www.astrill.com/.

Edited by ART

I have tried to get this to work with no joy as yet, the PS3 doesnt like the DNS Server you have to enter

Managed to get the PS3 connected to AJS website but then unable to get video to play as being told no Flash player on the PS3.

I thought PS3 supported Flash now, tried resetting to latest firmware but still no joy.

Then got locked out of website for too many logging in, kudos to AJS who resettled in a few minutes following an e-mail.

Working fine on laptop (although haven't worked out how to change commentary to English yet on Eng v Sco rerun..)

Will keep playing... iPad & IPhone next..