Dani Osvaldo - A tortured soul trying to find his way... in Southampton

Saint-Armstrong

Interesting read when so many said "why would he want to move to little Southampton when he has lived in Rome and Barcelona and have a chance to move to London".....

A bit of calmness in life, feeling he is loved will go a long way with this lad!

Not sure if East Boldre will be his bag.

I found the bit about being taken to Juve to escape to a quieter life very interesting ("he was desperate to escape the temptations found in a big city and to just feel normal in a quieter location."). If that is the case, then Saints is well placed, especially with it's proximity to London should he wish to blow off some steam, as well as having MP here to give him that "love". Not all football players want to live in the bright lights, and who knows, maybe he just wants to be able to get a horse or a dog and go into the New Forest. Having moved up to live in London for the best part of 20 years, this part of the world has a certain appeal.

Certainly if the fans aren't happy, we aren't going to behave quite like the (Roma) Ultras do. Not sure what the Espanyol supporters behave like when they get the hump, but the Italians are renowned for being aggressive towards players.

I found the bit about being taken to Juve to escape to a quieter life very interesting ("he was desperate to escape the temptations found in a big city and to just feel normal in a quieter location."). If that is the case, then Saints is well placed, especially with it's proximity to London should he wish to blow off some steam, as well as having MP here to give him that "love". Not all football players want to live in the bright lights, and who knows, maybe he just wants to be able to get a horse or a dog and go into the New Forest. Having moved up to live in London for the best part of 20 years, this part of the world has a certain appeal.

In his press conference he noted how he liked the amount of greenery in the areas around Southampton as well. Maybe this is the kind of club and area where he can settle and have some success!

It's a wonder why he ever went back to Italy. Roma is quite a big draw though. Said it many times on here before though, that is one crazy footballing city, the intense scrutiny and pressure on the players is unlike most other cities in the world. You need to be an extremely strong character to succeed there, and thus it is no surprise that Roma have only won 3 league titles in over 86 years, for a club of that size it's mental.

Rome is definitely not the place for somebody like Osvaldo. I genuinely believe that his move here will be the turning point for him from a personal side of things. It's well know that he likes the UK, and loves London. He seems settle with his current girlfriend. He won't have fans harassing him at restaurants, he'll be able to walk round town in peace (well, maybe not if people mistake him for Johnny Depp!) and he won't have fans standing outside his house abusing him. I'd imagine it'll probably be the most peaceful setting he has ever lived in before.

He'll get our support, and unless he's Danny Fox bad then he isn't going to get much aggro. Which he won't be. Give him our full support and he'll give it back. As the Roman's would say, DAJE DANI!

Because London's an overrated ****hole?

It really isn't, as much as i love southampton because it's where i was born London has music, culture, food, nightlife, sports, parks and a hell of a lot more that very few places in the world can compete with.

The problem is that if you don't live there you tend to end up in the west end which is about as exciting as west quay on friday night.