Billy Sharp joins Reading on loan

Saint-Armstrong

well it's obvious isn't it. we weren't going to subsidise him following his old manager.

this explains everything satisfactorily IMO.

perhaps we didn't want to deal with Adkins while he is still taking legal action against Saints (good luck to him)

Had a premonition of this move earlier when I read about Harry Redknapp saying that Reading pay good wages, since QPR missed out on both Baird & Bridge to them.

(Coming from QPR, that's quite some statement).

A friend of mine swore that he was going to Bolton. Reading is become a Saints old boys club at this rate!

Had a premonition of this move earlier when I read about Harry Redknapp saying that Reading pay good wages, since QPR missed out on both Baird & Bridge to them.

(Coming from QPR, that's quite some statement).

Usual Redknapp bluster when a player chooses to sign for a different club, suggests that the player priced themselves out of a move and that they're running things sensibly, when everyone can see that's clearly not the case.

A friend of mine swore that he was going to Bolton. Reading is become a Saints old boys club at this rate!

That tactic worked OK for Stoke a couple of years ago...

Pleased for Sharp and Baird. Both good players that can only improve Reading. Losing Kebe was a blow for them.

Bet part of the deal will have a "silence clause" for both Adkins and Sharp. Doubt if we'll not know why he was shunted out last year till either writes his memoirs. Will be interesting seeing how Sharp plays tomorrow.

Are you this mental in all the other languages you speak?

Good outcome for all concerned. He seems like a good guy and at Championship level is very effective.

I'm sure he wishes he had been able to move in the summer, and I'm sure we wished he had too but at the end of the day he has a choice to turn down any club he wants, and we have no obligation to loan him out if the finances of the deal aren't to our liking - we aren't a charity.

Hopefully he does well and moves on a perm in the summer.