Boruc

OldNick

Even though it seems he made a mistake for Stokes goal, he is well in credit with points he has saved us.in the past fans have knee jerk reactions to mistakes by our No 1 keepers. Hopefully Boruc will not have the same nonsense thrown in his direction.

He seems to have held his hand up and apologised to the team and fans, very gracious and something he did not need to do IMO

Top man, top keeper

He pulled off a cracking save early in the 2nd half against Arnautovic,absolute freak of a goal he may think he cost us 2pts but he has saved us a shedload of points with some of his displays.easily our best keeper since Niemi

I haven't sen the goal but it does sound a freak. Boruc gives the defence confidence,but at the same time they must give him the same as well.

it bounced at least 5 yards outside of the box. he was around the penalty spot and it just hung in the air over him

it was a freak goal

After the water bottle incident I wanted him out, however he has won me over with his displays, brilliant, his save at Liverpool was right up there.

He has gained us points last season and this season.

King Artur will still get a great reception when we play Hull City.

Long live King Artur!

After the water bottle incident I wanted him out, however he has won me over with his displays, brilliant, his save at Liverpool was right up there.

He has gained us points last season and this season.

King Artur will still get a great reception when we play Hull City.

Long live King Artur!

After the water bottle incident you wanted him out ? wtf

He went up in my estimations after that, not taking any cr@p from the Chapel boring farts giving him stick.

but yeh the guy is a legend, top keeper.

Boruc was shown great support as he came off at half time. The crowd really got behind him chanting "one Artur Boruc, there's only one Artur Boruc"

Certainly no scape-goating at the game. Himinez was all arms round him too.. I thought he took it well as the home fans have him loads of stick initially.

Solid

It was a freak goal, and also fair play to Begovic for being almost embarrassed about scoring it. It happens to keepers occasionally, you just have to pick yourself up and forget about it. What worries me more is he yet again passed it straight to an opposition player in a dangerous position when there was an easy pass on to our full back. Ive said it before sooner or later his poor kicking will cost us.

Can't blame Boruc, it was a complete freak incident. Neither keeper managed to get a goal kick across the half way line kicking into wind, it was that strong. It wasn't like Begovic's kick bobbled along the ground either, it was still well airborne when it went it. Had a monster tailwind behind it.

no way you can blame Boruc for the goal. I was watching the live stream and was absolutely gob smacked when it bounced like that an over Boruc....complete freak of a goal

Totally correct - a freakish event; plus his save early in the 2nd half was top shelf to keep us even. He is great value.

Freak bounce, freak goal.. Boruc not at fault.

He has been superb for us this season and without him we wouldn't be where we are in the league. I thought he was very gracious to face the media and apologise afterwards. I was equally impressed by Begovic as he didn't celebrate and was very humble about the incident speaking after the match.

Boruc says he will win the 2 points back in the next few games. I believe him.

I am inclined to disagree with those that say he wasn't at fault. I think he was to be honest.

That said, it was indeed a freak goal, and have no problem saying there was no way he could expect it.

As has been said, a freak goal. Sums it up really. Could have happened to any keeper on the planet.

His reaction, you couldn't ask for better. "I'll make up for it, I will win back those 2 points." (or there abouts) - Arthur mate, we are already way more than 2 points in debt to you. I had doubts initially, christ was I wrong.

It was a strange case of Deja Vu. I remember from way back when I was a nipper Peter Shilton doing that to Campbell Forsyth at the Dell. Only difference that day was the rain.

The ball seemed to skid off the surface at crazy speed in the first 10/20 minutes yesterday unsettling most of our players at different times.

One of those things, and to see Begovic beaten by a bouncing ball as well kind of summed up that karma got things right in the end

No blame at all. CHs covered it all the way back. Keeper in right position to take it comfortably. Wind simply lifted it way over him after the bounce. Only possible criticism was maybe being the first high ball in the wind he should have stayed on his line just to "get his eye in" regarding the conditions but that is just nit picking, no way could he have expected THAT bounce.

You could see when they plotted the bounce on MOTD where that ball was originally going to bounce again (penalty spot-ish), but the wind just caught it and put it well over Artur's head. I'm not going to judge him on it, he's still a quality keeper, and the reaction of other goalies (Begovic, Foster etc.) pretty much confirms that he's not at fault at all and it was a freak coincidence.

One Artur Boruc!

I agree with the majority, Artur was not at fault. If anybody was, I would say Lovren should have cleared it, not left it. But yes, a freak goal. However, I wonder if this thread would read the same had Kelvin been in goal yesterday (obviously swapping all the mentions of Boruc for Davis) - I think not....

It was a freak goal but to say Boruc wasn't at fault is nonsense. The wind caught it but he was there, he knew how windy it was.

Boruc has been sensational this season so no-one is going to have a pop at him over it but if Kelvin had made his first start of the season on Sat and let that goal in he would be slaughtered on here.

It was a freak goal but to say Boruc wasn't at fault is nonsense. The wind caught it but he was there, he knew how windy it was.

Boruc has been sensational this season so no-one is going to have a pop at him over it but if Kelvin had made his first start of the season on Sat and let that goal in he would be slaughtered on here.

If Boruc had let in so many soft goals at his near post he would've been slaughtered on here...except he didn't.

****e happens, he thought the ball was going to bounce fairy comfortably into his position but it didn't and the routine nature of the situation distracted him from correcting his position and it was too late. He has been excellent and is at his career-best shape but everyone is prone to this. Should keep him off the press radar for speculation which is good.

Edited by melmacian_saint

Fluke goal. He more than made amends with the second half save when the Stoke player burst into the left hand side of the penalty area.

Agree with a couple of comments above that perhaps the board would have been on the back of Kelvin (or Gazzaniga) for the same event, but lets be honest Boruc has built up a few credits this season.

Yesterdays goal conceded was easier to "accept" than being routinely beaten at the near post etc.

After the water bottle incident you wanted him out ? wtf

He went up in my estimations after that, not taking any cr@p from the Chapel boring farts giving him stick.

but yeh the guy is a legend, top keeper.

A lot of people did. But I have to say I wasn't one of them. For anyone who's watched any football he was clearly a class above Davis and gazzaniga even in those early days. Now he's settled and got fit he's a real class act. Wouldn't go quite so far as to say the best keeper in the league as someone else claimed, but he's not far off. An excellent signing.

If Boruc had let in so many soft goals at his near post he would've been slaughtered on here...except he didn't.

****e happens, he thought the ball was going to bounce fairy comfortably into his position but it didn't and the routine nature of the situation distracted him from correcting his position and it was too late. He has been excellent and is at his career-best shape but everyone is prone to this. Should keep him off the press radar for speculation which is good.

i think the goal we let in against Norwich was near post , Boruc is a great keeper and deserves our faith, it is correct that Kelvin would not have had the same Grace. He has been a fantastic servant to the club but is rightly 2nd choice

Fluke goal. He more than made amends with the second half save when the Stoke player burst into the left hand side of the penalty area.

Agree with a couple of comments above that perhaps the board would have been on the back of Kelvin (or Gazzaniga) for the same event, but lets be honest Boruc has built up a few credits this season.

Yesterdays goal conceded was easier to "accept" than being routinely beaten at the near post etc.

To be fair, we did forgive Kelvin after his howler against QPR when that dead bloke scored against him. Think he had another in the same season where a daisy cutter roller through his legs. Both were much worse than what Boruc did yesterday.

The criticism Kelvin gets is based largely on his faults, rather than isolated incidents. I wouldnt mind the odd howler if he commanded the box as well as Artur and didn't get beaten at the near post so regularly.