Holiday advice - Turkey

Huffton

Buy or borrow a phrasebook, the Turks are like the French- even if you only learn 'hello' or 'thank you' they really appreciate you trying.

Try a day trip on a gulet (pleasure boat), you can haggle a good price at the quayside and the coast and nearby bays are terrific.

Its the Turkish Blackpool. lol If you can book a Jeep safari they are good fun, also turtle beach and the Dalyan river. and Icmeler has a better beach!! :D

Yep, can vouch for this, lovely place. If you like your ancient history Ephesus and pamukkale are worth the long coach trip. Lots of people moan about Turkey but I've liked it when I've been there, never been to marmararis though, have heard mixed views on that.

Yep, can vouch for this, lovely place. If you like your ancient history Ephesus and pamukkale are worth the long coach trip. Lots of people moan about Turkey but I've liked it when I've been there, never been to marmararis though, have heard mixed views on that.

Like Mamaris

Defo go to Pamukkale.

Turkish nights are pretty good and do a Turkish bath.

People are very very friendly. Not too much of a hard sell either. Buy you trips from guys on the street not the hotel. Much cheaper.

TBH the beach isn't amazing, pretty narrow and kind of sandy shingle but that's a minor complaint.

If you want crap English food its everywhere. If you quality Turkish food and where the locals go eat here. Amazing food and great value

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g298033-d2674042-Reviews-Minder_Ocakbasi-Marmaris_Mugla_Province_Turkish_Aegean_Coast.html

I went there in 1986. My wife and I took a day-cruise in a small boat run by a couple of young, hip guys. I always thought of them as Cheech and Chong! A wonderful day out on the water sailing past nearby islands. Had lunch on a beach at midday. As richie said the food in Turkey is great. An amazing difference from often-bland Greek food.

Going back again this year to Dalyan, beautiful place, go to the markets if you need spices etc for home, dont be afraid to haggle, its part of the culture, people very friendly. as said before the jeep safari is great, so is the food, its cheap and plentiful. again please and thankyou goes a long way, and if you need to use the public toilets out there make sure you have change, you pay on the door, they are always clean and tidy.

Enjoy Turkey, we have been there now a few times and like you last year the first time without the children, so relaxing, not haveing to worry about them. So go and enjoy yourself, the local beer Effes is good as well,

Sevvy

Went to Marmaris this year - loved it . Don't take a lot of Turkish Lira out with you , much better exchange rate there and plenty of places to get cash. Be prepared to be hassled in the streets for come into my shop, restaurants etc.

If you can take the boat trip to Cleopatra Island, incredibly beauty and just the most amazing place to experience , my good friend runs his own booking agency in the main street and will give you very good offers on day trips , contact him Brendan here https://www.facebook.com/groups/mrb26tr/

PS dont forget you £10 pp visa upon arrival , has to be a a 10 pound note as well - have a great time your love it.

Went to Turgutreis near Bodrum in 2011. Fantastic. I've been to Spain, Greece and Turkey (I'm still only a student), and Turkey was my favourite.

The people are really friendly from experience, and you definitely have to do a boat trip. We went out all day with "John" the Turk, a West Ham fan. Lol.

He was great though. Entertaining, provided a meal below deck and had loads of drinks for everyone.

Great experience, visiting Turkey.