Tadanari Lee Released From Contract

trousers

I was there for his goal against Derby!

Cracking goal it was too, felt at the time he would push on and become a decent player for us after that, but it was pretty soon after that he got that bad foot injury if I recall correctly. He never really got another chance after that.

Perhaps the funniest thing is that he got special dispensation from the Home Office for his work permit, largely on the basis of his exceptional talent.

As do most "special case" applicants, apparently they only turned down 1 out of 8 tribunal cases last summer although 2 of the successful applcants then turned down the clubs in question. Don't know how the 5 that did make it turned out for their clubs though. Willian was the only one that I remember in detail.

I was there for his goal against Derby!

Cracking goal it was too, felt at the time he would push on and become a decent player for us after that, but it was pretty soon after that he got that bad foot injury if I recall correctly. He never really got another chance after that.

Me too, from Kingsland corner. Belting goal;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZKlAbyEXiY

Pretty sure it was soon after that he injured his foot.

fa1e1ea4b49a59e6f2dff8365fa69f0a_normal.jpegSouthampton FC@SouthamptonFC

Tadanari Lee has been released from his contract at #SaintsFC after a two year stay http://sfcne.ws/1cjwNTe

pic.twitter.com/94BHDbrPd3

Southampton Football Club thanks Tadanari Lee for his services and wishes the forward well with his future career. #saintsfc

Sadly, Tadanari was the patsy in a marketing strategy that just didn't work out. If Yoshi is sent packing as well, we'll be a hated club in Japan although no doubt that will ensure our popularity in the PRC. How many shirts did we sell in Kyoto, Nicola?

So despite the predictions on here that he was going to be a massive player for us and a premier league star and me being called racist for saying he wouldn't and i didn't rate him it seems the troll who talks a lot of sh*t was bang on the money again.

He was the man of the moment after his goal against Derby because he ran around a lot and had a decent first few games, he might have made a championship striker but you could tell from very early on he wasn't going to be a premier league player. Good luck to the lad though.

So despite the predictions on here that he was going to be a massive player for us and a premier league star and me being called racist for saying he wouldn't and i didn't rate him it seems the troll who talks a lot of sh*t was bang on the money again.

He was the man of the moment after his goal against Derby because he ran around a lot and had a decent first few games, he might have made a championship striker but you could tell from very early on he wasn't going to be a premier league player. Good luck to the lad though.

People still rated him higher than Guly, someone who has been a big part of our promotions, which baffled me.

Clearly he was good enough to do a good job in the Championship and was available at a very good price for someone with his international credentials, which is why he was signed. The Jap market exposure is, I guess, an added bonus but it was clear that, absent injury, he added something to our forward options at the time (Connolly was hardly reliable, Barnard was having his off-field problems, leaving SRL and Guly, who was preferred in midfield).

IMO he's a better all-round player than Billy Sharp, for example. He has been unlucky with injury. I really don't understand the disdain. I guess it's born of some desire to appear clever.

Predictable that you would come on this thread and gloat. Of course you are bang on the money again, you really are a fecking bore and your scatter gun approach reaps its rewards once more. Nothing to do with the fact that perhaps his injury has had an effect on his physical condition and has not been able to reproduce the form he showed briefly when he arrived. It happens to players, there are many many examples. No one ever said he was going to be a massive player, or a global superstar simply that he gave the appearance of someone who would do well in the PL. We will never know due to his injuries, but at least he was interesting for a while, provided some good moments, goal of the season against Derby and a couple of helpful assists. But of course you wouldn't recognise that would you? Crawl back under your bridge.

Predictable that you would come on this thread and gloat. Of course you are bang on the money again, you really are a fecking bore and your scatter gun approach reaps its rewards once more. Nothing to do with the fact that perhaps his injury has had an effect on his physical condition and has not been able to reproduce the form he showed briefly when he arrived. It happens to players, there are many many examples. No one ever said he was going to be a massive player, or a global superstar simply that he gave the appearance of someone who would do well in the PL. We will never know due to his injuries, but at least he was interesting for a while, provided some good moments, goal of the season against Derby and a couple of helpful assists. But of course you wouldn't recognise that would you? Crawl back under your bridge.

As you were the one that called me racist for not rating him i'd pipe down pal.

If you ever thought he could do well in the Premier League you're frankly an absolute plank.

If he's not playing and not likely to then why not?

Exactly. Sam Gallagher is ahead him in the squad. He cant really play the lone striker role and even so it makes him 5th choice striker on £20k a week or whatever it was, best off getting him off the wage bill and letting the lad start his career again somewhere else.

I feel incredibly disappointed by Lee's departure. A true gem and a true and gent. He played the game the way everyone who knows about football wants to see the game played. He was light on his feet and deft of touch. He could finish like one of the best. But maybe this want the time for him. Maybe he is destined for great things abroad, hopefully.

Farewell Tadanari. All the best. You will forever be in our hearts.

I feel incredibly disappointed by Lee's departure. A true gem and a true and gent. He played the game the way everyone who knows about football wants to see the game played. He was light on his feet and deft of touch. He could finish like one of the best. But maybe this want the time for him. Maybe he is destined for great things abroad, hopefully.

I guess you'd like to see him at Watford then? He'd probably do a good job for you.

How's your old man? Not seen him on here for a while, hope he's okay.

Rumours were that Lee was on relatively high wages even in the Championship, so we may as well pay him up and let him go. He was absolutely nowhere in our current plans and rightly so. If his departure allows us to bring in someone else in this window then fantastic; if not then we've lost nothing.

I guess you'd like to see him at Watford then? He'd probably do a good job for you.

How's your old man? Not seen him on here for a while, hope he's okay.

Hahaha! Brilliant! Yes, I'd love to see him at Watford! That is great humour!

My father passed away a few months ago.

He was absolutely ****e!

Hahaha! Brilliant! Yes, I'd love to see him at Watford! That is great humour!

My father passed away a few months ago.

Not humour pal, you rate him, you're a Watford fan, he's a free agent. All seems to point to you wanting him to play for your club, no?

Unless of course it's you with the great humour pal. Which i must say is sidesplitting, good effort.

When did you consider him to be a success ?

Probably being a core component of 2 promotions, I'd have thought. You'd have to be a bit simple to think he did anything but a good job for us in the lower leagues. 19 league goals and 12 assists over 2 seasons, often as a bit part player.

When did you consider him to be a success ?

Done nothing wrong, key player in two promotions, scored some vital goals, a number of assists, willingly put a shift in wherever asked playing in a few positions.

Now why do you consider him a failure?