New CEO Thread

TopGun

Blackburn have had some pretty dodgy Managers in his time there. Other than that the comments are almost entirely positive which for a Chairman/Chief Exec of a football club is rare.

Brian Kidd and Paul Ince the only two howlers I can see. Both understandable mistakes.

Other than he has picked decent managers delivering top half/top eight prem football consistently. Would do us.

Manji has just had six kittens!

Not really. My biggest fear about a fanontheboard was someone like Illingsworth, McMillian,Um Pahars acheiving it. Williams doesnt worry me but he doesnt seem a very dynamic choice and suggests all our ambitious plans may be put on hold. The Allardyce connection puts the fear of god into me and would suggest a lack of judgement.

Agreed. I wouldn't want anyone involved in recruited Allardyce. That's the polar opposite of everything the club is about right now.

We're a very different club to Blackburn. It can't be argued that in the situation they were in he was a very good appointment at the time. I'd like to think if he has any brain whatsoever he won't be looking to replicate his Blackburn model here.

We have a pretty clear identity as a club and have done for a while. I'm hopeful he would appreciate that when it comes to making managerial appointments

Not really. My biggest fear about a fanontheboard was someone like Illingsworth, McMillian,Um Pahars acheiving it. Williams doesnt worry me but he doesnt seem a very dynamic choice and suggests all our ambitious plans may be put on hold. The Allardyce connection puts the fear of god into me and would suggest a lack of judgement.

LOL. Lack of judgement in appointing a manager who had delivered four top eight finishes in a row, including a sixth place finish. Who yhen steered Bkackburn to a top half finish.

The kind of record MP would kill for.

Terrible judgement, yeah.

He is older than reported then. Was a very long time ago that Totton could be called a village!

At one time it had claims to being the largest village in the world!!!

There was a pub, the Royal Oak, I think, in Commercial Road which had this claim written on a board outside on the pavement, but that would have been in the 1940's or 1950's.

I left the area in 1963, but my parents continued to live there until they died so I was an infrequent visitor.

Goodness knows when the claim disappeared but then there was no such area as West Totton!!

Seems like a very solid appointment, someone who is not going to cause hassle with anyone and knows his role extremely well.

I guess time will tell how innovative and groundbreaking NC really was, as Williams seems more of a solid shout than someone who is looking to break new ground.

Hopefully somewhere in the club that ambition will be retained.

I guess time will tell how innovative and groundbreaking NC really was.

Hopefully somewhere in the club that ambition will be retained.

How was Cortese innovative? We got promoted by recruiting better players and employing good managers. We built a training ground to match current PL standards. Non of it was rocket science. Lowe was far more innovative - and look how that turned out.

How was Cortese innovative? We got promoted by recruiting better players and employing good managers. We built a training ground to match current PL standards. Non of it was rocket science. Lowe was far more innovative - and look how that turned out.

It's so easy everyone is doing it

I mean. How we looked forward to MP the day he was appointed

Mmm our honurary President Terry Paine is 74 :scared:....that must be a worry for you, too then ?

What a strange comment. Slight difference between the role of Honorary President and Chief Executive Officer, wouldn't you say? The word "Honarary" is perhaps the clue as to the differences in the size, complexity and stress levels of the two roles. You do realise that Painer really has no official duties in terms of running the business or even the club. As I said only slight concern would be his age, near retirement age, old git, even older than me (not by a lot though) unlikely to be a go-getting dynamic CEO with fresh ideas, but who knows.

How was Cortese innovative? We got promoted by recruiting better players and employing good managers. We built a training ground to match current PL standards. Non of it was rocket science.

First of all, seems to me our training ground will exceed current PL standards.

Many clubs our size would have struggled to sign players like Osvaldo and Lovren. Cortese was the guy that sold the club to new signings. Doesn't mean we won't be able to in future, but he did pull off some very impressive deals. It is kind of difficult.

Edited by DuncanRG

His innovation stretched to pretending we could fill a 50,000 seater stadium and pretending we could be a CL with half the team from the academy.

Innovative. Or pie in the sky.

First of all, seems to me our training ground will exceed current PL standards.

Many clubs our size would have struggled to sign players like Osvaldo and Lovren. Cortese was the guy that sold the club to new signings. Doesn't mean we won't be able to in future, but he has pulled off some very impressive deals. It is kind of difficult.

Not really. Osvaldo was unwanted at Roma and forced to find a new club. Lovren was really unhappy at Lyon and Saints made the highest cash offer to Lyon.

Re exceeding current PL standards, not so much. Better than some for sure, but well below Chelsea, Man U, Man City, Spurs etc. The point is, what we have gained has been done by paying top dollar - not some special one powers.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/the-club/new-training-centre/

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4537401/Man-Citys-training-ground-can-change-to-copy-rivals-pitch.html

Edited by buctootim

Well 3 guys will be running the club. Still Liebherr owned. Not sure what their exact positions and titles will be. One is a member of coaching staff for a certain team in this years winter Olympics. That's all your getting until officially announced.

Maybe you could give this away - are all three English? I'm specifically thinking in terms of the man / woman involved at the Winter Olympics - and whether or not he / she could be Swiss...

Well 3 guys will be running the club. Still Liebherr owned. Not sure what their exact positions and titles will be. One is a member of coaching staff for a certain team in this years winter Olympics. That's all your getting until officially announced.

Well bugger me, we've obviously signed the coach of the Jamaican bobsleight team, now that must be a guy with ambition and who knows no boundaries.

New CEO / CEO's were announced this morning. Not going to say any more as will wait for the press release. It is more than 1 person though.

Adam Blackmore said Staff were told this morning it would be announced soon. So who exactly has the announcement been made to? Did they email it just to you?