Open letter to supporters of Southampton Football Club from Katharina Liebherr

Saint-Armstrong

Comes across well and whets the appetite for the future.

So, no overt 'thank you' to Mr Cortese then? It's what he would have wanted... ;)

Now eyes peeled for Ben Smith or Neil Ashton's next article...

P.s. Have we come out of meltdown mode yet?

Edited by trousers

She means business.

Yeah maybe! I prev assumed she just grudgingly got stuck with Southampton like when ur nan wills you a sofa or whatever. Maybe i was wrong bout that! Maybe it's just spin but it sounds like she's actually quite interested.

Onwards and upwards:)

COYS:)

Wife in charge at home:rolleyes:

Ms Liebherr in charge when I get to St Marys:D

How will I ever go wrong;)

My daughter is in charge ..to and from games...especially the radio:mcinnes:...I know all the wrapper or is it rappas?:blush:

Anyway........the ladies get my support:D

My daughter is in charge ..to and from games...especially the radio:mcinnes:...I know all the wrapper or is it rappas?:blush:

Anyway........the ladies get my support........:D

..... #pussywhipped@otterbourne.....

Anyway........the ladies get my support:D

Long live the matriarchal tyranny! :)

Yes, I like some of her phrases like "open communication" and "a few smiles too". I really hope she is seen smiling at the Yeovil game on Saturday or, if she can't make that, the Arsenal match.

Will be ignored hopefully.

But it's a really good statement, and she does sound really committed. We are so lucky to have fallen into Markus lap and be linked to such a great family.

Good work KL.

Can't argue with that on first reading it.*

*although we know some on here will do so.

Who can you mean??

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

A couple of comments caught my eye

After the developments of last week, my priority now is to bring some stability and calm to the workings of the club; perhaps a few smiles too.

Off the pitch, my priority is to establish the proper running of the club at the top.

Pointed comments I would say.

It seems we will have a more communicative Club going forwards and the tone seemed very positive and suggests they're still in it for the long term.

Onwards and upwards.

We moaned about a lack of communication from KL.

She has Communicated.

That is what we wanted, so thankyou to the Advisors who made the suggestion and thankyou to her for taking the time out to actually do it

Totally agree having advisors and a new top management team is going to be good for the club a couple of new signings would be good

Excellent Well Done Katharina.

Bit dissapointed there is no appointment of a Club Historian though.

Give it a rest, please! I can't understand your obsession with FF? You seem really bitter over something he has done or said. Why not contact him and try to sort out whatever is troubling you and then we won't have to read any more of this.

ps, Thanks for the statement KL.

Call me a happy clapper, but I honestly feel from this statement that she wants to run this club in her father's memory.

It certainly doesn't read as ''corporate waffle'' to me, seems very genuine and honest.

The next step will be to establish the core structure at the top, which may help us a lot. Not trying to create a Cortese debate here, he did a great job. But he took on everything, so if he wasn't around, nothing ever happened. Having a structure like this ensures that everyone is accountable and more flexible.

The general tone from people over the last 5 years is that we're almost impossible to deal with, that was to be seen as a negative. Hopefully that changes from here.

Very well delivered communication - said what was essentially needed without too much waffle. Time will tell in terms of her ability to maintain the momentum.

One possibility that nobody seems to consider is that KL is acting as an Executor to her Fathers will. Perhaps Marcus made clear provisions about how the club should be run and she is ensuring this is the case.

Finally, let me say this. I will ensure that all decisions made about the future of the club will be in the best interests of its staff, players, management and fans and will be taken with the prime objective of honouring and maintaining the club's heritage and tradition in the Southampton way.

is "decisions about the future of the club" meaning e.g. selling it?