Michael Vaughan not happy

Saint in Paradise

with that Mr Jonathan Trott then.

Jonathan Trott must accept team-mates and opponents will feel he did a runner

"I feel a little bit conned we were told Jonathan Trott’s problems in Australia were a stress-related illness he had suffered for years.

We were allowed to believe he was struggling with a serious mental health issue and treated him with sensitivity and sympathy.

He was obviously not in a great place but he was struggling for cricketing reasons and not mental, and there is a massive difference.

There is a danger we are starting to use stress-related illness and depression too quickly as tags for players under pressure.

In his interview with Sky Sports he then completely disrespected anybody who has gone through depression and mental illness by

using words such as “nutcase” or “crazy”. We have all said things we regret in the media but I find it staggering he is so ill-informed

that he used those words".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/international/england/10701664/Jonathan-Trott-must-accept-team-mates-and-opponents-will-feel-he-did-a-runner.html

Hoggard isn't happy either...

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/mar/17/matthew-hoggard-jonathan-trott-england-return

I tend to agree with them if I'm being honest. Good player for England, but if I was in charge of England I wouldn't want him playing again. You cant rely on him any more, what if you go on another tour and he wants to quit. Cant build an international sports team around players like that, same applied to Trescothick when he had his issues.

Pressure, stress? **** off. Try a regular job getting smashed week in week out to support a family. On the breadline. Or putting your life on the line in the Forces. That's stress. Trott is just a ****ing quitter. Forget England. Get yourself a job at your local council offices. Sick days part of the culture. Never want to see him in an England shirt again.

they're bang on the money to be fair. Everyone assumed it was depression when the truth was he couldn't handle the pressure of being an international sportsman expected to perform at the highest level. Isn't being able to handle that pressure and turn it into a positive making you raise your game to the highest level what we are told is the difference between a decent and a great performer? It's funny how he didn't suffer from the same problem when everything was going well against the same opponents in the summer.

• 5 weeks later...

England batsman Jonathan Trott has suffered a recurrence of the problems that forced him to leave

the Ashes tour and is to take an extended break from cricket.

Trott left Australia with what was described at the time as a "stress related illness" by the ECB.

Trott hoped a rest before the English domestic season would help relieve what he believed to be burnout.

But he has experienced a recurrence of the anxiety and mental exhaustion that he suffered late last year,

while representing Warwickshire in recent days.

No time-frame has been placed upon his return.

I wonder if Vaughan still thinks that Trott's problems aren't mental but "cricketing reasons"? Does he think that Trott has been scared again by the mighty Sussex attack? And that Trott's issues aren't stress-related? Utter ****.