Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

theres special providence in the fall of a sparrow IMO. If he ain't fallen yet, he's gonna fall sooner or later. It's prob not worth worrying about. I would just enjoy watching him fly while you can. Or whatever. © shakespeare

Sort of right, Hamlet? Not too sure the right sort of meaning there but word and peace out Beersy.

If you mean to enjoy the ride while it lasts?

But what ride are we enjoying and if it is for the benefit of other?

Meaning its a futile game we play.

Barry Lomax Wunderwald Sanchez

2014 Le Harve colouring in competition winner.

When does Lallana's contract expire?

A long time from now. If you remember Cortese secured all of our key players on long term contracts last season. Most of them have 3 or 4 more years left. Something the new order don't seem to have been doing, unless they've just not made such a song and dance about it which is entirely possible although Jack Cork is the only key player with a relatively short time left I think.

A long time from now. If you remember Cortese secured all of our key players on long term contracts last season. Most of them have 3 or 4 more years left. Something the new order don't seem to have been doing, unless they've just not made such a song and dance about it which is entirely possible although Jack Cork is the only key player with a relatively short time left I think.

You mean the new regime who have been in place for about 2 months? You even said yourself that everyone except cork have long term contracts. Give them a chance ffs.

You mean the new regime who have been in place for about 2 months? You even said yourself that everyone except cork have long term contracts. Give them a chance ffs.

I thought that I was being perfectly fair to them by citing possible reasons as to why they've been seen to do nothing as of yet.

I personally have no confidence whatsoever in them but that's just me and I'll no doubt be proved to be a doubting Thomas.

Personally I think if this set up had been at all serious about taking the club forward we'd have appointed a CEO or chairman with some sort of basic experience when we supposedly ran interviews for that post and not have wound up with a talks a good job chairman and a chief beancounter CEO.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Lallana, 25m to United, done deal, welcome to the new era, at least they write nice letters.

so that would be...18.75 million for us and 6.25 million for Bournemouth then, probably both less VAT, making our share in theory about 15 million £. Can't see that being true, not worth it for us at that price. The thought of actually giving 6.25 million to Bournemouth AFC is also revolting, they'll only waste it....

If lallana goes I'm going too!

I hope that this closed season isn't the straw that breaks my camel's back. I am getting very disillusioned with the PL and finding that I cannot (or rather, do not want to) accept the way that it is all favoured towards the bigger clubs. I can't really see the point of getting excited about a competition where there is little to no chance of the hierarchy changing. Our first season back was interesting to see whether we would survive. This season has been interesting to see if we can flourish. But if next season is back to square one what with our squad having been raped, then maybe it would be better to give up on the game.

I hope that this closed season isn't the straw that breaks my camel's back. I am getting very disillusioned with the PL and finding that I cannot (or rather, do not want to) accept the way that it is all favoured towards the bigger clubs. I can't really see the point of getting excited about a competition where there is little to no chance of the hierarchy changing. Our first season back was interesting to see whether we would survive. This season has been interesting to see if we can flourish. But if next season is back to square one what with our squad having been raped, then maybe it would be better to give up on the game.

This!

If players want to go they'll go and very few clubs are able to keep players v big club interests but what a kick in the balls Lallana going would be. For only £25m too? Try £50m instead. And £60m for Shaw, take them to the cleaners.

"financial difficulties"

which have as of yet not been explained to me, as I've said before if the owner is not capable of serious investment then she should sell us to someone who is. All clubs owe transfer fees because they're not yet due, we'll get a good whack from the PL this season and should make a profit, so we pay our oustanding transfer fees and contract some new ones. It's the way football works, perhaps someone should tell that to the German lawyer and the Ice Hockey ex-player. We'll certainly not be a big hit on the US commercial scene by selling our best players.

which have as of yet not been explained to me, as I've said before if the owner is not capable of serious investment then she should sell us to someone who is. All clubs owe transfer fees because they're not yet due, we'll get a good whack from the PL this season and should make a profit, so we pay our oustanding transfer fees and contract some new ones. It's the way football works, perhaps someone should tell that to the German lawyer and the Ice Hockey ex-player.

at the end of the day, at least the poisoned dwarf is no longer here....or something

No wonder MP is hesitant.

We don't know that, although he has said this week that we need new players for the squad and as everything that's worth anything from the academy has already been drafted in I guess that means buying or at least signing players.

Don't even mind if we don't "spend big". We need to keep what we have, get shot of the crap, Osvaldo,Gaston,Mayuka etc

and invest the resulting funds in 3 or 4 players of quality. If we could get say 20 million for those 3 we'd have nearly enough for 3 Lovrens, makes you think doesn't it.

Edited by Window Cleaner

So with Lallana, Shaw, Morgan, Chambers, Lovren, Cork & Clyne all rumoured to be leaving for either Moan U, Arsenal or Citeh. Which of our current players will actually be able to turn out for the team next season? Seeing as MoPo is guaranteed to be leaving to manage Spurs, PSG or any one of the other clubs he has been linked to who is going to manage this 6a side team of ours?

hmm seems no-one is told bookies bout this, i can still get 3-1. How much money have we got in the fiver jar? Should we put it on this + maybe buy lallana back with the proceeds?

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/football-specials/transfer-specials/Adam-Lallana's-Next-Permanent-Club-6326843.html?force_racing_css=N

Who exactly would be stupid enough to bet on Lallana going to PSG ? Honestly do they ever think before compliling these lists.

Strange that he's 6/4 for Liverpool though, isn't he an Everton fan really ? What on earth would Liverpool want with Lallana ?

Who exactly would be stupid enough to bet on Lallana going to PSG ? Honestly do they ever think before compliling these lists.

Strange that he's 6/4 for Liverpool though, isn't he an Everton fan really ? What on earth would Liverpool want with Lallana ?

Lallana would fit in perfect with Liverpool, the fans want it and so do the club so the locals are saying, no smoke without fire.

I love all the bed wetting about Lallana going to United. Has anyone stopped and thought about it - United have no manager! When they do appoint who says that Lallana will fit into the way the new boss wants to play?

BBC has an article from united saying they will take their time finding a new manager, but will still move forward with transfer targets ahead of new manager coming in

I love all the bed wetting about Lallana going to United. Has anyone stopped and thought about it - United have no manager! When they do appoint who says that Lallana will fit into the way the new boss wants to play?

Personally I think AL would fit in well at Man City,

much like you wanting to swap places with sunderland or being envious of norwich.

b'lend indeed

I would have swapped with Sunderland at the time, no of course not it about risks, Norwich yes I was envious and most are still shocked by how ****e RVW has been, would still love Hooper at the club though.

If you call that huge whoppers so be it.

Noooo positive bullsh!t transfer news is ABSOLUTELY NOT allowed!

Only bullsh!t stories about our players going to teams that aren't even in the CL next year are allowed!