Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

Yeah J-Rod was our first signing that summer. So Clyne would have joined after him, for sure. Trying to think if we signed any other English players that summer. Cork joined the summer before, didn't he?

Yeah, Cork was with us for the start of the Championship season. I think J-Rod and Clyne are the only English we have signed since returning to the Prem...

We bring through a lot of young English talent though, so don't need to spend over the odds when we can supplement our home grown players with quality foreign additions.

I think the last time we signed a player from another Premier League side, whist in the Prem, was Squashie. Before that Crouch, before that I can't even remember. I'm not counting Bernard's loan, Phillips was already relegated, Le Saux was a part ex. With Bridge.

I can't really remember before that. Were Derby relegated when they sold us Delap? We really don't sign many from Prem rivals.

I think the last time we signed a player from another Premier League side, whist in the Prem, was Squashie. Before that Crouch, before that I can't even remember. I'm not counting Bernard's loan, Phillips was already relegated, Le Saux was a part ex. With Bridge.

I can't really remember before that. Were Derby relegated when they sold us Delap? We really don't sign many from Prem rivals.

There were a couple of signings from Premier League sides when we were outside of the top flight.

Ricardo Fuller, Bradley Wright-Phillips, Viafara, Jason Euell,... But yes, we have never in recent times poached a first team player from a premier league rival. It's tended to be the other way around.

Hopefully Ron Vlaar could be the first to buck that trend, it would show a very significant statement of our placing in the perceived pecking order if we could start to do that.

Edited by Colinjb

£14 million? Are clubs deliberately giving Liverpool too much money so they can buy our players? That fee is a joke for Borini. Cracking business from Liverpool there. And signing Remy for half that!

I saw that whilst watching fox sports news and nearly spat my wine out.

10 mill too much IMO. Also if we have to, Morgan is valued at double that

Our best bet is to find a lump of lard in the lower leagues and train him up.

That's leaving it too late.

We need to be trawling the local factories for prospects that show potential to become lumps of lard in the lower leagues.

I watched a Lukaku highlights video the other day and have since came to the conclusion that he's technically absolute garbage. He's just a lump. African players are generally not particularly skilfull

I watched a Lukaku highlights video the other day and have since came to the conclusion that he's technically absolute garbage. He's just a lump. African players are generally not particularly skilfull

This post is wrong on so many levels. Hilariously so. Well done.

He's of African descendancy, the country he's born in is irrelevant. They're generally more physical and less technical then other races when it comes to football, with the occasional exception obviously

We're all of African descent.......

That makes Ricky Lambert Irish then using pastor patrons logic lol

are his parents irish?

its obvious what PP means without calling him a racist

Players who are, shall we say the build of Lukaku are far more physical than technical type of players

are his parents irish?

its obvious what PP means without calling him a racist

Players who are, shall we say the build of Lukaku are far more physical than technical type of players

Exactly, similar to our Vic. He's quality for us but lets be honest he's technically awful. Similarly if you sign a South American you'd generally expect a certain personality and style of play

Oh dear. The ignorance is quite shocking.

Anyway, its common knowledge that African/black players don't have the skills because they couldn't have a proper game when they were young as they were always running away from lions, which also explains why they're so fast.

Oh dear. The ignorance is quite shocking.

Anyway, its common knowledge that African/black players don't have the skills because they couldn't have a proper game when they were young as they were always running away from lions, which also explains why they're so fast.

OMG I'm crying

So are the players left of low quality then (got worse from last year) and the two brought in the same?

well, we have lost two players from the premier league team of the year and still down on squad numbers (3 out, 2 in)

I know we like to be positive but I dont think it is unreasonable to say the squad RIGHT NOW is not as good as the one at the final whistle against united a few months back....it is for sure lower on numbers of senior players

well, we have lost two players from the premier league team of the year and still down on squad numbers (3 out, 2 in)

I know we like to be positive but I dont think it is unreasonable to say the squad RIGHT NOW is not as good as the one at the final whistle against united a few months back....it is for sure lower on numbers of senior players

You said we were short on quality...now backtracking a little

We still have

Boruc

Clyne

Chambers

Fonte

Lovren

Wanyama

Cork

Davis

Morgan

Jay Rod

Ramirez

Ward Prowse

Gallagher..

Are the above of poor quality now?

And additions of

Tadic

Pelle

I guess they are poor quality too...

Give it a rest dune you absolute bellend.

Weah, Okocha, Eto... Eusabio...PELE! All devoid of skill aren't they?!

You said we were short on quality...now backtracking a little

We still have

Boruc

Clyne

Chambers

Fonte

Lovren

Wanyama

Cork

Davis

Morgan

Jay Rod

Ramirez

Ward Prowse

Gallagher..

Are the above of poor quality now?

And additions of

Tadic

Pelle

I guess they are poor quality too...

the list would look a great deal better with lambert, lallana and shaw

as for the two new additions. Lets see if they dont fail on the pitch like osvaldo first

We MUST sign a quality keeper, lb (cant expect targett to walk straight in to prem leagye starting line up), a cb to replace hooiveld, (a 2nd cb if lovren goes) an att wide mid, and a striker.

4 quality players minimum, 5 if lovren goes and 6 if we want competition for tadic and jrod coming in from out wide

First direct comments from Koeman that Vlarr is/could be a target.

"Ron would definitely be an option," Koeman confirmed when asked about the Villa defender, "although I think he won't be cheap right now. Well, let's just wait and see."

We MUST sign a quality keeper, lb (cant expect targett to walk straight in to prem leagye starting line up), a cb to replace hooiveld, (a 2nd cb if lovren goes) an att wide mid, and a striker.

4 quality players minimum, 5 if lovren goes and 6 if we want competition for tadic and jrod coming in from out wide

Agree with most of this. However I think we'll be signing players up to the end of August. I think we need a left back before the season starts, but can afford to wait for the correct players in the other positions.