Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

Sent scouts to watch Virgil Van Djik of Celtic allegedly

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/southampton-keeping-eye-celtic-s-van-dijk-4018402?utm_source=main_feed#.U1anR_ldV8E

Are they our new feeder club, could sell us the GK too :-)

We had a look in Jan but didnt follow up before the deadline

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?47608-January-2014-Transfer-news-amp-rumours&p=1872198#post1872198

Oh the old Fox played a key part in our promotion, did he? Did he really? I remember him being ****e back then as well, Hooiveld is poor as why would an SPL club release him the same (my point) as Fox? As for Wanyama we should have bought a £10 Million brick or large rock, they could probably pass better as well.

You're an absolute moron. Fox and Hooiveld played the majority of the season and we got promoted. That's a pretty key part. How many assists did Fox get that season, and Jos got a few goals.

What more would you ask for from our promotion team?

You're an absolute moron. Fox and Hooiveld played the majority of the season and we got promoted. That's a pretty key part. How many assists did Fox get that season, and Jos got a few goals.

What more would you ask for from our promotion team?

And Fox was a weak link even then, why did Celtic get rid of Hooiveld, him having no pace and spacial awareness (like Fox) has nothing to do with the standard you play.

And Fox was a weak link even then, why did Celtic get rid of Hooiveld, him having no pace and spacial awareness (like Fox) has nothing to do with the standard you play.

So you're saying they both did a **** poor job in the NPC? And spending a joint £2m on them was a waste of money ?

No I am saying they are poor footballers.

You also said that Celtic got the better side of the deals on all 3 occasions. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Fox sign from Burnley.

Anyway, Jos and Fox helped earn us promotion for the cost of a couple of million. We got a great deal.

Clean sheets are always good but that is not the point Cork for me, all round better player and quite a bit cheaper to.

Strange how when a 'poor' player like VW plays we get points at twice rate as when Cork plays.

Or could it be you have a very limited understanding of football?

Strange how when a 'poor' player like VW plays we get points at twice rate as when Cork plays.

Or could it be you have a very limited understanding of football?

Really? How many games has Wanyama played, who against and when? Interesting stat though..................................

At the start of the season when fit, VW was superb, i remember him away at Lpool and ManU breaking up attack after attack. And Merson on SS raving about him. We were hardly conceding. Different player entirely to Cork but you cant argue he didnt solidify the midfield

There were games this season when we fell apart in midfield in the second half of games (Chelsea, Spurs, Lpool etc) when you really wonder if he could have made a difference

Edited by JoeShmoe

Why do they assume van Dijk would be a Lovren replacement, and not a Maya/Jos replacement?

These are just rumours mate - I dont know what our plans are this summer.

Hope we dont sell Lovren (or any of our top players)

We have a manager + 12-14 players all wanted by clubs above us - if we can keep the team and manager together we could easily target top 4 next season (perhaps should have this season)

These are just rumours mate - I dont know what our plans are this summer.

Hope we dont sell Lovren (or any of our top players)

We have a manager + 12-14 players all wanted by clubs above us - if we can keep the team and manager together we could easily target top 4 next season (perhaps should have this season)

If Barry catches you talking like that he'll be along to trample your dreams;)

with all this media gossip about (most ) of our first-teamers on the move (somewhere or other) during the summer, the one rumour I'm really concerned about is the possibility of Jack Cork leaving.

Although he cost next-to-nothing in todays transfer market prices, I think he is an improving player and really should be kept on.

If MP were to go, I think several of our regulars might start to look elsewhere, but if he stays then Lallana, Schneiderlin and Chambers would feel happier and be glad to carry on. But what about Jack?. Despite playing so well recently, he's clearly not MPs first choice.....Everyone says Wanyama is so good, but I'm not 100% convinced - whereas Jack is already experienced and wants regular football, too.

Money already spent on the likes of Osvaldo and Ramirez still has to be paid off, and sadly it looks as though they weren't worth the investment ...and we must have a striker in place to start in August.

Jay Rod's " 6 month lay-off " means he won't be available until game 7 or 8 next season, and there's no guarantee he'll be good enough to carry on where he left off before his injury - by which time we could be anywhere in the league by then :scared: unless we have another whirlwind start (as in 2013).

So our first signing, must be Mauricio Pochettino ....and it looks increasingly like our first "sale " will be Luke Shaw, as £30+ million looks very attractive and would go along way to finding replacements - in several positions.

Edited by david in sweden

with all this media gossip about (most ) of our first-teamers on the move (somewhere or other) during the summer, the one rumour I'm really concerned about is the possibility of Jack Cork leaving.

Although he cost next-to-nothing in todays transfer market prices, I think he is an improving player and really should be kept on.

I very much doubt Cork will go. Basic economics, he's worth more to us than he is to potential buyers (figures of 3m bandied about). We have a thin enough match day squad as it is, the last thing you do is sell one of your 18 (which Cork definitely is) for peanuts when you're already struggling to put fresh players on the pitch. More than most other teams in this league, we have learned recently how long and draining a PL season is.

indykaila News ‏@indykaila 3m

Exclusive: Southampton making enquires for Liverpool left back José Enrique. #LFC

He does get the odd thing right, though take everything with a pinch of salt.

Would be a good signing for a couple of years, while we try to develop Targett.

Anyone quoting @indykaila should be infracted IMO.

He is probably the most well known Twitter WUM/bull merchant since @Agent_ITK

Everything he says is fictional - some of it may happen but the two are not linked.

I'm sure your old enough to read the disclaimer. When there are only rumours of players leaving it provides some light relief to even speculate an incoming player, as unlikely as it may be.

As an aside, he is definitely not a bigger WUM than those Agent_ITK accounts etc.

I'm sure your old enough to read the disclaimer. When there are only rumours of players leaving it provides some light relief to even speculate an incoming player, as unlikely as it may be.

As an aside, he is definitely not a bigger WUM than those Agent_ITK accounts etc.

Light relief yes but this guy makes things up and has mugs clinging to every word he says.

if he says Saints are looking at Enrique, I will say we are looking at signing Neil Taylor from Swansea - there is no difference, both are made up, both semi realistic yet you won't listen to mine so why listen (and share) his.

http://indyliar.wordpress.com/

Don't become one of the mugs!

Light relief yes but this guy makes things up and has mugs clinging to every word he says.

if he says Saints are looking at Enrique, I will say we are looking at signing Neil Taylor from Swansea - there is no difference, both are made up, both semi realistic yet you won't listen to mine so why listen (and share) his.

http://indyliar.wordpress.com/

Don't become one of the mugs!

He..Guy ??? Kaila is a girl's name.

Must be a wind up then, everybody knows women know nothing about football.

But if Shaw goes I don't see MP staying.

Is Shaw staying becuase Mopo is staying or is Mopo staying becuase Shaw is? its all very confusing and completly contradicts the "amazing spirit" within the club.

If one player or staff member leaves they all leave? Bizarre theory and one that gets chucked around all the time. I remember when "everyone" would leave if/when Nicola left

House of cards?

theres special providence in the fall of a sparrow IMO. If he ain't fallen yet, he's gonna fall sooner or later. It's prob not worth worrying about. I would just enjoy watching him fly while you can. Or whatever. © shakespeare

Probably garbage rumour but Enrique would be excellent if he's fit. Wouldn't feel that much loss of Shaw in the side if Enrique was playing every week, good energy, experience and strength.

But if Shaw goes I don't see MP staying. Will take some going from the board to maintain a positive atmosphere (outside of our trolls) if Shaw and MP leave.

The knowledgeable know whats going to happen through experience of supporting and knowing the club but it does not mean they get enjoyment from it, they do however laugh at unrealistic dreams set by the club with no actual plan of getting there.