Parking for tomorrow for expat!

bridge too far

My son is bringing me to the match tomorrow. He usually comes down by train but we'll be driving down tomorrow.

I can't walk very far ATM (following accident / knee surgery). I'd be really grateful if you could give me an idea of where we can park that isn't too far for me to walk.

We'll want to grab a bite before we get into the ground and we don't mind a REASONABLE taxi fare (2 adults, 1 child). Way back when we used to park Woolston side of the bridge but I wouldn't be able manage to walk that far for sure.

Any sensible suggestions gratefully received.

xx

Cheers everyone. I'll pass this info on but I'm inclined towards Bedford Place because of choice of eating potential and then taxi to the ground. Is it easy to pick up a taxi outside the ground after the match?

Personally Id go for Travis Perkins as mentioned above. You can still drive down after eating in Bedford Place / Oxford Street /wherever. Getting a taxi with 30,000 other people and traffic is pretty hit and miss.

Always used to Park at College street. Always spaces if you are there around 1-1.15, taxi ride to the stadium of only a couple of quid. Spar shop near to the car park with an ATM if required. There is a noodle car just around the corner near to St Mary's Church with seating.

Opposite or behind fire station ...We travel from M27 at Airport junction via new Road/Lewis?..

Bevois Valley/Portswood...aiming for South Hants Hospital/Fire Station turn left into car park

On way out we go round Derby Road and rejoin traffic for return journey.

3 car parks all about £5...As stated one is behind Jurys Inn

2 MINUTE WALK....to stadium.....Drink in King Alfred...then over footbridge programme and a nice big huicy burger.

You can see that we know how to enjoy our day..

Plus the mighty Saints to win 4-0:)