Pochettino's Future

Saint Charlie

We should be planning for next season NOW

Either Mopo is staying or he's not - might be time for the club to place a deadline on Mopo to decide.

Mopo has shown very little loyalty to the club since day 1. Hes also shown that he is not a man of his word.... our stock is strong atm, we could get a very good and dedicated replacemtn very easily

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/may/16/mauricio-pochettino-quit-southampton-nicola-cortese

We should be planning for next season NOW

Either Mopo is staying or he's not - might be time for the club to place a deadline on Mopo to decide.

Mopo has shown very little loyalty to the club since day 1. Hes also shown that he is not a man of his word.... our stock is strong atm, we could get a very good and dedicated replacemtn very easily

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/may/16/mauricio-pochettino-quit-southampton-nicola-cortese

Yes, every club should every day tell the fans what they are doing!

We are the club!! (only that we complain when a chairman "spends" the owners money but we demand the owner to spend it for our sake with no questions!!)

The finer details being sorted as we speak.

Poch is already looking at players for next season.

3/4 year contract....hopefully...onwards and upwards:)

Bit much that he wants 3/4 of saintsweb tiresome posters ...banned before he signs the contract;)

Mind you... said posters have never supported the mighty Saints or even been to St Marys...

Sooooo he must mean... banned from our forum.:)

COYS:):)

Only massive clubs could pull that and it only worked once, Liverpool with Suarez this year.

People on here, if you want some football knowledge I will charge £20 an hour but it will be worth it.

So that would be about 20p to hear all you know about football then. Still not tempting I'm afraid.

Yes, every club should every day tell the fans what they are doing!

But the club is telling us. Freddy said he's still trying and is unsure (on mopo) he went on to say nobody is bigger than the club... Correct!

Imho its time for actions not words. We need to start planning for next season NOW. Not in a few weeks/ months while mopo dangles the carrot and waits to see if a better offer comes his way.

Loyalty works both ways and mopo has shown very little since arriving here.

But the club is telling us. Freddy said he's still trying and is unsure (on mopo) he went on to say nobody is bigger than the club... Correct!

Imho its time for actions not words. We need to start planning for next season NOW. Not in a few weeks/ months while mopo dangles the carrot and waits to see if a better offer comes his way.

Loyalty works both ways and mopo has shown very little since arriving here.

How do one show loyalty when working during an existing contract that there is more than a year left of?

How do one show loyalty when working during an existing contract that there is more than a year left of?

He is refusing to commit his future to Saints beyond the summer..... :?

He is refusing to rule out Spurs job, while Saints manager :facepalm:

Said he wants to manage PSG....while employed by Saints :eek:

18 months in doesnt give interviews in English :frown:

Put top 8 finish ahead of cup run - #hisbonus :facepalm:

"I walk if Nicola leaves" :shakey:

Can you provide a similar list of where he has demonstrated loyalty???

This........ has to be the post with the most icons ever

are you saying results since November have been deliberately poor so we would avoid having to play in Europe?

YES

A) SFC knew we could never reach 4th, and Qualify for the European Cup

B) SFC (as per MoPo's comment) did NOT want Europa Cup competition, and the best way to avoid that possibility, is NOT to end up high enough in the League to actually Qualify for it.

C) SFC finishing 8th or 9th means NOT having to bother with the Europa Cup, which MoPo has stated he (SFC) does not want

YES

B) SFC (as per MoPo's comment) did NOT want Europa Cup competition, and the best way to avoid that possibility, is NOT to end up high enough in the League to actually Qualify for it.

C) SFC finishing 8th or 9th means NOT having to bother with the Europa Cup, which MoPo has stated he (SFC) does not want

WOW, just wow

Ive heard it all now

YES

Been on this forum in it's different guises for many many years. The competition for stupid posts is never ending and the standard is incredibly high.

Congratulations you've just gone straight to the top - Which is an incredible achievement and should not be underestimated.

Been on this forum in it's different guises for many many years. The competition for stupid posts is never ending and the standard is incredibly high.

Congratulations you've just gone straight to the top - Which is an incredible achievement and should not be underestimated.

Standard stuff from Saint Richmond. The swivel - eyed lunatic's swivel - eyed lunatic.

YES

There is now a new definition of stupid in the dictionary.

Edited by Wade Garrett

YES

I'm willing to wager that light bends around you.

Edited by View From The Top

Is this like bullet points, but where the but where the bullet points go on the right hand side and where they are animated emoticons instead of bullet points?

Are you saying you don't agree with my opinion(s) ??

Be nice to hear yours for a change, instead of the usual slagging off

As I've said before, come the start of NEXT season, a lot on here are going to be VERY diappointed in the news from St Mary's

Just for the record, I've only been on this forum in the name shown

The club, and Pochettino, are planning for next season. Regardless of whether he stays or not, he will be doing his job right now. He probably went into work today, and before/after training may have looked at player tapes, heard scouting reports, etc. That's what professional managers do whether they're leaving in the summer or signing a new 60 year contract.

It seems like contract talks will wait til the end of the season. That's not unreasonable - that's when most clubs conduct that sort of business. Doesn't mean there isn't work going on before then. Of course it's important to get him tied down early, so the players know he's staying and potential transfer targets know who they'd be working under... but who would sign a contract before he knows what his options are? It's far too early to be worrying, let's see where we are in a month's time.

The club, and Pochettino, are planning for next season. Regardless of whether he stays or not, he will be doing his job right now. He probably went into work today, and before/after training may have looked at player tapes, heard scouting reports, etc. That's what professional managers do whether they're leaving in the summer or signing a new 60 year contract.

It seems like contract talks will wait til the end of the season. That's not unreasonable - that's when most clubs conduct that sort of business. Doesn't mean there isn't work going on before then. Of course it's important to get him tied down early, so the players know he's staying and potential transfer targets know who they'd be working under... but who would sign a contract before he knows what his options are? It's far too early to be worrying, let's see where we are in a month's time.

This.

The only reason I have to think that Poch may go to Spurs is that he actually LOOKS like a Spurs manager. That gut feeling is about as accurate as any speculation right now.

This.

The only reason I have to think that Poch may go to Spurs is that he actually LOOKS like a Spurs manager. That gut feeling is about as accurate as any speculation right now.

Well considering they've had all types of manager ranging from the dinosaur Redknapp to the youthful Vilas-Boas I don't think you can really identify a stereotype of Spurs manager. Pochettino is favourite with the bookies but I don't know how much that really means. Don't see why they can't keep Sherwood, then again I don't like them much either.

YES

Its contentious but I have seen far more stupid like talk of Europe in October and Southampton getting into the top four/higher echelons of English football.

Are you saying you don't agree with my opinion(s) ??

Be nice to hear yours for a change, instead of the usual slagging off

As I've said before, come the start of NEXT season, a lot on here are going to be VERY diappointed in the news from St Mary's

Just for the record, I've only been on this forum in the name shown

Do I agree with your opinion that we deliberately have not won matches so as to make sure we don't qualify for Europe..... That will be a "NO" and as posted probably the most stupid thing I have ever read on here.

With regard to disappointment - I agree with you (Which troubles me greatly). Those expecting huge amounts to be spent on new players and all the stars of the team and the manager to still be here, will (I think) be disappointed.

As for user names, I've only ever been on this forum in the name shown (I'm guessing you misunderstood what I typed, which given the level of stupidity required for your original post, is not earth shatteringly surprising)

Its tomorrow AM. Ready for the usual tweet:

MP: We will play for the three points like normal. This team plays with the same mentality against all opponents. #SaintsFC

You forgot MP: "It is as I said before, we are calm about the situation, we will sit down at the end of the season" #saintsfc

MP: "I am not the one you should be asking about that, I don't know." #saintsfc

Doubt it, Ottery makes stuff up in a sort of positive way.

Are you saying I make stuff up?:(

How dare you:p

Very reliable sawce is my missus.:rolleyes:

Put this way:?

She knows more about footer than certain posters on this forum:lol:

Although the off side rule about coming back on and being in play but not always off side...has baffled her:blush:

Glasgow Saint......STOP USING MY CRAYONS:p

It may seem an outlandish view but here it is for what its worth.....I think our previous chairman honestly thought we could break into the top 4 and hence the signings of Gaston and Osvaldo....Osvaldo i believe was the firepower he believed we needed, and we all know how that ended. As much as i like Gaston and believe he is very talented, he is not the correct player for the Premier league. Once we started to fall away from the top 6 before xmas and Osvaldo then turned into physco nut job it was obvious we were not going to be a top 4 side (lets be honest it was never going to happen but i kind off admire the ex chairman for his belief and vision). Everything since then has shown that we did not want to qualify for the Europa cup....and at risk of upsetting those that wanted to see us march into Europe i personally believe we would have been mad to contemplate Europe with the size of squad we have.

I don't give a toss about pre match interviews and most of the time post match interviews. Very rarely do they tell us anything, the best managers defend their players and just fend off questions.

As for MP pledging his future to Saints, if he did many on here would say 'he's going to say that' The fact is if any really top team came in for him it wouldn't matter how long contract he was on he'd probably leave.

I still remember Keegan saying buy your season tickets I'm staying and within e week he was a Newcastle player.

We will always be a group of fans who have our best taken from us, we just have to hope that the conveyor belt of talent is up and fully running

It may seem an outlandish view but here it is for what its worth.....I think our previous chairman honestly thought we could break into the top 4 and hence the signings of Gaston and Osvaldo....Osvaldo i believe was the firepower he believed we needed, and we all know how that ended. As much as i like Gaston and believe he is very talented, he is not the correct player for the Premier league. Once we started to fall away from the top 6 before xmas and Osvaldo then turned into physco nut job it was obvious we were not going to be a top 4 side (lets be honest it was never going to happen but i kind off admire the ex chairman for his belief and vision). Everything since then has shown that we did not want to qualify for the Europa cup....and at risk of upsetting those that wanted to see us march into Europe i personally believe we would have been mad to contemplate Europe with the size of squad we have.

Cortese must have been on smack to believe that with the quality of those two players ha ha!

Are you saying I make stuff up?:(

How dare you:p

Very reliable sawce is my missus.:rolleyes:

Put this way:?

She knows more about footer than certain posters on this forum:lol:

Although the off side rule about coming back on and being in play but not always off side...has baffled her:blush:

Glasgow Saint......STOP USING MY CRAYONS:p

Arteries are hairy.

You give me a banger with your banter.

Careful !!! I get pilloried every time I dare to suggest such a thing ............. though tis true

Mind you, Pochettino never mentioned he didn't want to win the F.A. Cup either

That should attract a few more insults