anyone had an acromioclavicular joint resection

Viking Warrior

I will be undergoing this surgery in the next couple of months,

Anyone else had this surgery?

From a sporting aspect (Mainly golf) how long before you were able to get back into the swing of playing again assuming you were a golfer My knowledge of this procedure is that it could be upto 12 weeks before it is back to normal

Thanks Pessa I spoke to a consultant friend he said if I do all my post op exercises and physion i could get playying again in about 4/5 months .

Bridge, didnt need to look it up as I know the procedures and the usual post op recovery periods but thanks for your link. I will have a browse

I was more interested from a sportiing (Hockey and golf point of view. I will need to ensure i do the exercise and strengthen the muscles etc

I would recommend you give a call to a physio who works at Bournemouths ground called Dave Mott, he really is good.

I have just had a hip replacement, 8 weeks ago, and I did a load of pre op work with him on a Galileo vibration plate to give my quads and gluts more strength, he had me walking without any aids at all in less than 3 weeks and back to work in 4. Have a read on the internet about an ice machine called a game ready that was developed for the England rugby squad Dave can hire you one and you will be amazed with the results it helped me get rid of all the swelling inside a week which speeded up everything, there is a shoulder wrap in the kit. Good luck !!

• 3 weeks later...

Spent several hours in hospital today waiting for my op . Told that as there was a delay in theatre and no time to do my op today I could go home and it could be up to two months before it gets done . What an anti climax . Bloody livid . Ps thanks for all your best wishes . I need Guinness to calm me down Scotty

• 2 months later...

Had my AC joint surgery yesterday . A lot more damage than the surgeon first though . I ended up having two lots of surgery . Full AC resection surgery a nd full rotator cuff surgery god I'm sore . What's the latest on our new signings . I'm still on I've painkillers but a but more drowsy than normal and don't fee like checking all the treads

Had my AC joint surgery yesterday . A lot more damage than the surgeon first though . I ended up having two lots of surgery . Full AC resection surgery a nd full rotator cuff surgery god I'm sore . What's the latest on our new signings . I'm still on I've painkillers but a but more drowsy than normal and don't fee like checking all the treads

LOL. Your typos are a give away VW! Glad you are back in the land of the living. No signings yet:( Stripes are back though:)

Millbrooktonian

You don't realise that Having to keep the arm in a sling is for your own benefit . You don't realise how useless you become having only the use of one arm . You can't do shoe laces up . Open cans even putting on trousers etc etc . I have been given some gadgets by OT . Try putting butter on a slice of bread . Hilarious ,

Back to the sling . I thought my arm felt good yesterday so removed the sling . Very very stupid thing to do . So yes it will take time and I must listen to my fellow medics and build the two parts of the shoulder up slowly. I forgot a had peices of bone removed from the clavicle and rototator cuff .

I know how mark cavendish must be feeling after his tour crash the other day . He will be in a lot if pain his dislocated shoulder will be fine but the surgery he has to have or had will keep him out for many months

Are you have key hole surgery or General surgery ?

Good luck with your op millbrook

Dave thanks for your message

Mike

Edited by Viking Warrior

It takes a long time bud and realistically you are looking at 6 months to a year. I know you love your gold but please please be sensible about it and take it slow. All it takes is one jarring divot. Golf is a very unnatural movement of the joint and puts strain on the a/c joint ( or lack of one if its gone)

keep it moving and do your exercises but please take the sport slow