Manager of the year? Top 3?

Glasgow_Saint

Top 3 is a tough call this year.

You'd imagine Rodger's is fav for no.1, especially if Liverpool win the league.

Contenders:

Jose: champions league semi final, might win the league

Martinez: Everton are currently 4th. Wow

Steve Bruce: FA Cup final, Hull safe in mid table

Pulis: taking CP from bottom to 12th and safe

Poyet: Cup Final

Pellegrini: league cup winners

Mopo: 8th

Pardew: 9th

Hughes: 10th

Whose your top 3?

Top 3 is a tough call this year.

You'd imagine Rodger's is fav for no.1, especially if Liverpool win the league.

Contenders:

Jose: champions league semi final, might win the league

Martinez: Everton are currently 4th. Wow

Steve Bruce: FA Cup final, Hull safe in mid table

Pulis: taking CP from bottom to 12th and safe

Poyet: Cup Final

Pellegrini: league cup winners

Mopo: 8th

Pardew: 9th

Hughes: 10th

Whose your top 3?

Poyet:lol::lol::lol:

Do you do stand up as a past time.... hilarious....talk us thorugh your thought process as to why that might be even slightly funny

No only on requests. (Though I think it was a bit funny if you look at the first letters of the three to compare with GS reactions on this board at times...)

Palace aren't safe yet is IMO it's too early, especially as the title hasn't been decided either, but currently it's Rogers, Martinez, Pulis.

Oh Palace are safe and I think Pulis deserves Manger of the year, followed by Rodgers (If they win the league) and Martinez if Everton finish top five

It'll be Rogers if he wins the league, if he doesn't and Everton sneak 4th...it'll be Martinez.

If neither of those things happen, it's probably likely to go to a Steve Bruce/Tony Pulis type. Still lots to be decided, it's actually been quite an exciting season with lots of excellently performing sides.

It'll be Rogers if he wins the league, if he doesn't and Everton sneak 4th...it'll be Martinez.

If neither of those things happen, it's probably likely to go to a Steve Bruce/Tony Pulis type. Still lots to be decided, it's actually been quite an exciting season with lots of excellently performing sides.

And if Chelsea win the PL and champions League?

I will reserve judgement until the season is over.

So people think Rodgers winning the league is a greater achievement than JM winning champions league and the League? Strange...

Considering that they have played far fewer teams and actually have 2 recognized quality strikers as well.

For me, Liverpool win league, (and chelsea don't win anything):

Rodgers

Martinez

Pulis

Chelsea win league and maybe Champions League

JM

Martinez

Pulis

Liverpool and Chelsea don't win league:

Martinez

Pulis

Rodgers

I'm quite pleased with David Moyes's performance :)

Pulis has done well for the time he's been at Palace but I get it'll go to Rodgers.

With you on that one. Moyes season with United has made me a very happy man. I only hope he can continue this form next year.

Steve Bruce has also done brilliantly with Hull and he seems like a genuinely nice and humble bloke from what I've heard and read. I'd love them to win the FA cup.

Despite this, it's got to be Rogers, Martinez and Pulis. The Suarez factor helps of course but he's got the best out of some many players such as Sterling and Sturridge and they rarely struggle to find the net.

Lastly, a huge shout out to Pochettino as the driving force behind our best campaign since our 2002/2003 season with Strachan. Even though we don't always get a result, watching Saints this year has been an absolute joy at times and I love our style of football. My only complaint would be our hit and miss transfers. I think we've roughly had a 50% success ratio with signings which considering the money spent is simply not good enough.

I would go with these 3.

Any Saints-clappy that claims MoPo deserves a place really is barking.

Don't think anyone really has.

Don't you start to feel a bit silly sneering at "happy-clappers" when, if we're honest, they've generally got it right and our situation has improved year on year, with a trophy, then successive promotions and then a move into the top half?

They've been right and you've been wrong in your predictions, yet you still sneer as if they've been deluded and you've been proven right.

You were proven deluded and still are on a regular basis. You always get it wrong. Show the "happy clappers" the respect they deserve by admitting they've been right more than you have. I doubt you have the integrity for it.

I would go with these 3.

Just as well nobody has!

I really don't think you can argue with that three. Pelligrini for Martinez if he wins the league and Everton drop.

I would go with these 3.

Read the thread, no one has.

Take your anti saints nonsense somewhere else please.

Its fair enough when you want to make a legitimate point, but flaming everyone for no reason is not.

So people think Rodgers winning the league is a greater achievement than JM winning champions league and the League? Strange...

Considering that they have played far fewer teams and actually have 2 recognized quality strikers as well.

Actually yes I do. It's all about the perspective of where the teams have come from.

JM walked into a Chelsea side knowing he had a squad that the majority have won the Premier League previously, and have come off the back of winning 2 european trophies in the last 2 seasons. The expectation level would be that they should be there or there abouts for the Premier League and a decent run in the Champions League. Granted if they win both then Jose probably does just deserve it.

Rodgers on the other hand has a side the finished 7th last season, okay they have 2 quality strikers - one is world class but started the campaign in the middle of a 10 match ban and spent much of last season trying to figure how to get to Real Madrid, the other has shown promise but failed at both Man City & Chelsea. He's taken that side, which had the expectation of finishing 5th with the hope of 4th and Champions League football, to the brink of their first title in twenty something years. I would say that's a much greater achievement than Jose winning the league.

And that's without mentioning the quality of the football- Liverpool have been breathtaking at times this season, whereas Chelsea have struggled home the majority of the time.

For me: Rodgers, Martinez & Pulis as it stands

positive seasons also for: Mark Hughes (anyone attempting to change Stokes hoofball has to be a plus, Steve Bruce (Hull easily avoided relegation & a cup final) & then poss MoPo

negative seasons: Moyes, Wenger (unless they can actually find a way of beating Hull in the cup final), Pardew (who said earlier Pardew had a decent season :lol: loved the local papers response to Pardew after he said their poor form was their fault + the headbutt), Allardyce (I thought Wet Sham supporters demanded good football? #myth), Jol (possibly the worst performance by a PL team at St Mary's ever), Hughton (taken what looked some good signings and made them totally ineffective & dull to watch) & Poyet (despite a League Cup final day out, couldn't think of anyone better to preside over the car crash that was Sunderland this season)

So people think Rodgers winning the league is a greater achievement than JM winning champions league and the League? Strange

You need to look at the bigger picture. Liverpool should never have been serious contenders for the title, Man City and Chelsea have far better squads.

Its all about success vs expectation for me.

Thats why id put Pardew and Hughes ahead of Mopo this season. Mopo would be ahead of Moyes though

Has to be Rodgers. Like Glasgow just said, there was no way last year you'd expect them to be playing this well and being worthy champions (if that happens). Great management, planning and an emphasis on youth.

Which I find encouraging for Saints, depending on how we handle this summer.

2nd and 3rd for me would be Pulis and Martinez. Both squeezing every last drop of potential out of their squads through excellent management.

Of which I am vaguely envious, as if we could squeeze every last drop of potential out of our squad - and sign a backup keeper, we would be up there with Everton. Hopefully we get a chance to try next year with a full reinforced squad.

Has to be Rodgers. Like Glasgow just said, there was no way last year you'd expect them to be playing this well and being worthy champions (if that happens). Great management, planning and an emphasis on youth.

Which I find encouraging for Saints, depending on how we handle this summer.

2nd and 3rd for me would be Pulis and Martinez. Both squeezing every last drop of potential out of their squads through excellent management.

Of which I am vaguely envious, as if we could squeeze every last drop of potential out of our squad - and sign a backup keeper, we would be up there with Everton. Hopefully we get a chance to try next year with a full reinforced squad.

This ^. But if Liverpool don't win the league it should be Pulis. Hands up who thought CP were dead and buried when he took over? Not only were they bottom on 4 points from 11 games, they were playing crap, the squad was useless, and they looked doomed. If he'd been able to do a great escape and survive by a point it would have been remarkable. But now they are 12th, 7 points clear, after beating the likes of Chelsea. Incredible.

Edited by Dark Munster

You need to look at the bigger picture. Liverpool should never have been serious contenders for the title, Man City and Chelsea have far better squads.

Its all about success vs expectation for me.

Thats why id put Pardew and Hughes ahead of Mopo this season. Mopo would be ahead of Moyes though

Neither Pardew nor Hughes are ahead of Mopo in terms of achievement !

Saints are relative newcomers to the PL and have improved step by step !

It is clear GS that you do not rate Mopo but this is stretching it even by your standards !!

Neither Pardew nor Hughes are ahead of Mopo in terms of achievement !

Saints are relative newcomers to the PL and have improved step by step !

It is clear GS that you do not rate Mopo but this is stretching it even by your standards !!

Do we have better squads than Newcastle or Stoke?

Put it another way.... How many newcastle/ Stoke players would get in our side? & for who?