How many do you think will be sold if any?

Barry Sanchez

Saying he can't cross based on Saturday is a little harsh. I'd agree that a lot of players were below par, but generally speaking Shaw's crossing this season has been a key attacking outlet for us.

Not really, only 1 assist in 30 odd games. I know I'm in a minority of 1 but to me Shaw is vastly overated. He's a good player for his age but not a great player on a global scale.

Whilst Shaws crossing weren´t good saturday, the main problem for me is that we have so little movement in the box. Actually Gaston provided probably the best of that in the first 60 minutes, trying to go behind defenders and also running at the first post at a few times.

Shaw will clearly go. Hope Lallana stays but you couldn't blame him for moving to a top team. Ditto Schneiderlin.

These days its the Champions League that is where everyone wants to be and we have a few players good enough to play there.

All the sounds from the new board are of steady growth and young players, not investing in the squad to kick on. Which is their perogative.

This will also be why MP is stalling somewhat, wants to know what he is signing up for.

Final Point: it has been fun. Feel sorry for those that have primarily the negatives in what has been a great season.

Edited by Saint Charlie

Sounds awesome pay more for season ticket and sell 2 to 3 players. Bring back cortèse.

The season ticket price rise is a fact, the player sales are mere speculation albeit from a source who's put in some good info over the years. We probably couldn't afford to keep Cortese running the club actually, not in the way he wanted, which is why I suppose he resigned..

This sort of thing is a fact of life for smaller clubs in the modern game but I don't get the automatic defeatist attitude.

If Shaw and Schneiderlin go (and I'd bet on it being those two, with Lovren being the third pick) I'm sure we can use the hefty cash inflow to improve the squad above its current level. I don't think Lallana (the hardest to replace) will be going anywhere.

However, I'll be more concerned if Pochettino goes as well.

With Ramirez and Osvaldo we could end up bringing in nearly 100m in the summer.

Wouldnt be overly suprised if Clyne went too. He can't be happy about being second choice and could improve a few pretty good sides.

Lallana would be the worst to lose, totally irreplaceable and would be hard to watch him playing for someone else.

Shaw we all knew would leave pretty soon and Morgan you can't begrudge him wanting to further his Intl ambitions. He has been a top signing for us.

Not really, only 1 assist in 30 odd games. I know I'm in a minority of 1 but to me Shaw is vastly overated. He's a good player for his age but not a great player on a global scale.

That's my feeling too. He's a great prospect but a long way off the finished article. Like all these young prospects we have to live through their mistakes whilst they're learning their trade.

That's my feeling too. He's a great prospect but a long way off the finished article. Like all these young prospects we have to live through their mistakes whilst they're learning their trade.

Not sure he is a long way off the finished article, he is already head and shoulder above most left backs in the prem.

If we sell a couple of players for massive money, that's not the end of the world, all clubs do it at times. It's how the process is managed that is important.

And the replacements. You know you won't bring in better players but they need to be good enough.

Worry with Lallana is that Jay Rod unlikely to feature a lot before Christmas so attack could be severely depleated.

In this league you get found out quickly and brutally.

And the replacements. You know you won't bring in better players but they need to be good enough.

Worry with Lallana is that Jay Rod unlikely to feature a lot before Christmas so attack could be severely depleated.

In this league you get found out quickly and brutally.

That's part of what I mean by the "process". How well we manage them leaving, negotiate the right price, reinvest the money well, done at the right times. Part of the problem with that is I'm not overly enamoured with our foreign scouting, and that is really somewhere a club our size needs to step up and improve.

I've got no doubt we will bring in new players, the Osvaldo and Rodriguez situations guarantee that as a minimum.

We'll all be disappointed if a key player leaves, but things need to be kept in context, it doesn't have to be the end of the club and football as we know it.

I will be amazed if Shaw is still with us next season but very surprised if Lallana left.

All the others linked with going like Morgan, Chambers etc I expect to still be here.

Osvaldo will be back with us as Juventus won't want him and Ramirez will probably want to go and fair enough after a year of not being first choice.

Agree with that. Fully expected Shaw to go for most of this season. Lallana would be gutting though, and fan expectations need to be aligned to what happens off field.

Its very possible, that we will start next season with a weaker starting XI than we started this season. This season has been great, we play good football in a style that is good to watch. If we keep Poch then it can be ok. If we lost him and a few key players I would worry about next season.

I will be amazed if Shaw is still with us next season but very surprised if Lallana left.

All the others linked with going like Morgan, Chambers etc I expect to still be here.

Osvaldo will be back with us as Juventus won't want him and Ramirez will probably want to go and fair enough after a year of not being first choice.

I fully expect Morgan to go.

The only player I'm worried about is Schneiderlin, get the impression his ambition is taking him elsewhere and very hard player to replace. Think the other first choice players will stay. I think we'll off-load Osvaldo, just won't get the deal we were hoping from Juve, but somewhere in Europe will take a punt on him at say £7/8m and if we get the same again for Ramirez I'd be happy with that, should in theory free up a fair bit of transfer fee and wages to reinvest.

I watched a part of the Udinese - Juventus match last night. Os also came on for the last few minutes and did nothing much. The commentator made some comment about 'some observers think he'll be going back to Southampton in the summer' and about him not impressing at Juve.

The only player I'm worried about is Schneiderlin, get the impression his ambition is taking him elsewhere and very hard player to replace. Think the other first choice players will stay. I think we'll off-load Osvaldo, just won't get the deal we were hoping from Juve, but somewhere in Europe will take a punt on him at say £7/8m and if we get the same again for Ramirez I'd be happy with that, should in theory free up a fair bit of transfer fee and wages to reinvest.

You've got to say that his frustration at not being in the france squad is probably coming to roost, and it's probably because he's playing for an unfashionable club. As soon as he plays for a big club, I bet he's snapped up by the national side - and that's got to be playing on his mind.

We'll have to wait and see, but it's going to be a bumpy summer. I think generally next season will be one of a downward turn, similar to Swansea this year, but I don't think we'll go down. Who knows what the long-term future holds though, hope we're not going to turn into another villa.

Little up the page, can't be asked to multiquote...

The Vman

"Last post ever lads,will leave you with this 2 maybe 3 important players will leave in the summer.It has been fun"

Oh sh!t. THEVMAN is never wrong. Shaw, Schneiderlin, Lallana? Might actually cry if that happened !

Pochettino really turned Schneiderlin into the very valuable player he is today - he was good before MP's arrival, excellent after. He fits well into MP's system and might not benefit by leaving. He can be replaced.

Shaw is going to be a great but, frankly, in our situation I'd rather have the money and strengthen the squad. He'll go with my best wishes and hopefully he'll escape the infantile "If he leaves, screw him" mentality that comes from some on this forum. The FBs are crucial in MP's system so we'll need to buy well.

I'd have been sickened at the thought of losing Lovren two or three months ago but he hasn't been quite the same player lately. He still needs to be replaced with real quality, becauser Fonte and Maya need a dominant CB alongside them or they struggle.

Lallana we can't afford to lose, and I'd be shocked if we did.

'd have been sickened at the thought of losing Lovren two or three months ago but he hasn't been quite the same player lately. He still needs to be replaced with real quality, becauser Fonte and Maya need a dominant CB alongside them or they struggle..

Think he will find fitness and form again but would prefer he was pushing for a place amongst better competition.

It's a real testing time for the new board, especially after saying no one will be sold that Poch wants to keep.

Fair play they've done some good things, but I have a feeling that they're not going to rival how well Cortese did his job.

Well to me that meant we wouldn't sell anyone that we may receive a bid for, but wanted to stay. Anyone that wants to leave will go.

To me this is similar to the summer of 2003. We had a great chance to push on in 2003-04 but didn't quite take it and we all know what happened the season after. Just hope this isn't the same.

So basically that could mean that Shaw and Morgan are nailed on to leave with Lallana considering an offer/offers (if it's true of course).

With Osvaldo and Ramirez also looking likely to leave wouldn't we need to bring in at least 5 players to replace them plus another for J Rod? Then there's the GK situation...

If this is the case then it'll be a particularly concerning summer! We'll need to bring in some real quality to fill the gaps...

Shaw - as good as gone, would take close to 30m anyway

Lallana - will want CL football but I would be gutted if he chose to leave us. Our best player and we would really struggle to bring in someone of the same quality

Morgan - will also want CL football, spoke regularly about his excellent relationship with Cortese. Think he's more likely to go than Adam but would still be a huge loss

Lovren - Cant see it happening unless we get a massive bid and have someone lined up

We are where several teams have previously been, hovering around the 7th/8th/9th. We could go the way of Everton, spend wisely, retain our core squad and progress steadily. We could also go the way of West Brom, who failed to replace their key players from last season (albeit mainly a loan player in Lukaku) and rapidly slide down the table.

Should Adam, Morgan and Shaw go which personally I think they will, we have to remember a few things. We now have an excellent reputation for playing high quality football, coupled with a fantastic youth set up. The new training ground will also be a big pull factor, so assuming that Katrina is prepared to spend, it may be easier to attract good players to the club than ever before.

Make or break summer for me.