Season ticket prices

Give it to Ron

For me in block 2 it's about £1.50 more per game. An increase of 3.6% (more than double inflation). I'll be renewing as will the other 5 I go with. Recognise we need to be self funding, love the way we play as well, if we sat back/ played long ball etc I wouldn't renew. ST also helps with away and cup tickets.

Home results (not performances) have been disappointing, can only get better next season!

Sign me up mush....

Last years prices

Season

Tickets

Itchen Premium

Kingsland Premium

Centre Itchen & Kingsland

Wings / Goals

Family

Itchen Premium

Kingsland Premium

Centre Itchen & Kingsland

Wings / Goals

Family

Renewal New Sales

£730 £709 £656 £604 £520 £820 £760 £710 £630 £585

£730 £709 £562 £494 £341 £820 £760 £630 £555 £380

£730 £709 £446 £320 £226 £820 £760 £505 £360 £255

£730 £709 £194 £147 £105 £820 £760 £215 £165 £105

£520 £520 £520 £520 £520 £585 £585 £585 £585 £585

£341 £341 £341 £341 £341 £380 £380 £380 £380 £380

£226 £226 £226 £226 £226 £255 £255 £255 £255 £255

Concession Denition

To qualify for over 65 tickets

you must be 65 or over on

1st August 2013.

To qualify as a Young Adult

you must be aged 17-21 on

1st August 2013.

To qualify as an Under 17

you must be aged 16 or

under on the 1st August 2013.

To qualify as an Under 11

you must be aged 10 or

under on the 1st August 2013.

Season Tickets for

Disabled Supporters

To qualify for a disabled

season ticket you must

be in receipt of either

Middle Rate DLA,

Attendance Allowance,

War Disabled Pension

or Certicate of Visual

Im

Let's face it, nobody wants to pay more money than they did previously for the same product, so I can't say I'm overly thrilled, even though in the grand scheme of things a rise of £24 isn't that much.

I can't help but think it would have been a quick and easy (and not that expensive) PR win for the club to at least freeze prices, especially with all the supposed uncertainty surrounding the first team at the moment. The club made a net loss of more than 700 season tickets last summer, I suspect we may see the same again this time around.

Let's face it, nobody wants to pay more money than they did previously for the same product, so I can't say I'm overly thrilled, even though in the grand scheme of things a rise of £24 isn't that much.

I can't help but think it would have been a quick and easy (and not that expensive) PR win for the club to at least freeze prices, especially with all the supposed uncertainty surrounding the first team at the moment. The club made a net loss of more than 700 season tickets last summer, I suspect we may see the same again this time around.

It's cheaper for them to lose 700 ST's at average 600 a pop than it is to waive 25 quid on 15000 St's

I'm sick to death of the Premier League and for the first time in almost 20 years i'm seriously considering whether or not to get a season ticket. That's not just the increase - which is relatively small across the whole season - but the whole "package". The hype. the shi.t atmospheres, the moved kick off times, the plastics and all the rest.

I know it's not a popular way of thinking but i really miss the days of the lower leagues, they were just more fun than the premier league (and more affordable too).

I'm guessing the club would say it isn't the same product. The team is better than it was in the summer of 2012 when it first entered the Premier League and better again than in the summer of 2013.

I think your maths needs a bit of work there.

Haha! You're right.....that'll teach me to do quick maths in my head!!

Will do some calcs in a bit to see if I can redeem myself

EDIT:

Adult renewal prices only...

[TABLE=width: 413]

[TR]

[TD]Area[/TD]

[TD]2013[/TD]

[TD]2014[/TD]

[TD]Difference[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Itchen Premium[/TD]

[TD] £ 730.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 759.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 29.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Kingsland Premium[/TD]

[TD] £ 709.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 737.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 28.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Centre Itchen[/TD]

[TD] £ 656.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 682.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 26.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Wings / Goals[/TD]

[TD] £ 604.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 628.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 24.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Family[/TD]

[TD] £ 520.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 541.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 21.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]AVERAGE[/TD]

[TD] £ 643.80[/TD]

[TD] £ 669.40[/TD]

[TD] £ 25.60[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]ST's lost 2014-2015 (estd)[/TD]

[TD] 700[/TD]

[TD] £ 669.40[/TD]

[TD] £ 468,580.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SFC take hit on 2014 increase[/TD]

[TD=align: right]15000[/TD]

[TD] £ 25.60[/TD]

[TD] £ 384,000.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by SO16_Saint
Nope, my thinking was flawed

I'm guessing the club would say it isn't the same product. The team is better than it was in the summer of 2012 when it first entered the Premier League and better again than in the summer of 2013.

But we currently don't know that it is going to be better than in the summer of 2013. Like others, it seems petty quibbling over £25, but in five years time that'll mean tickets are £125 more than they are now. That's way above inflation.

This debate will be best served once we know boards intentions. If they fully back Poch in terms of funds and keeping best players then this increase may be justified. A better product would be served you could argue. However if we have a summer of selling our best players and Poch leaving then this debate will be intensified.

I want to renew my existing 3 (one of which is an under 11) but I also want another adult as well. Whats the chances of them not letting me buy all 4 together and then saying I can't have the u11 free as they were bought separately?:mcinnes:

This debate will be best served once we know boards intentions. If they fully back Poch in terms of funds and keeping best players then this increase may be justified. A better product would be served you could argue. However if we have a summer of selling our best players and Poch leaving then this debate will be intensified.

Deadline to renew is the end of May. Still a lot of transfer window to go after that!

EDIT:

Adult prices only...

[TABLE=width: 402]

[TR]

[TD]Area[/TD]

[TD]2013[/TD]

[TD]2014[/TD]

[TD]Difference[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Itchen Premium[/TD]

[TD] £ 730.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 759.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 29.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] £ 709.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 737.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 28.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Centre Itchen[/TD]

[TD] £ 656.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 682.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 26.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Wings / Goals[/TD]

[TD] £ 604.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 628.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 24.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Family[/TD]

[TD] £ 520.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 541.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 21.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]AVERAGE[/TD]

[TD] £ 872.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 893.50[/TD]

[TD] £ 25.60[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] 700[/TD]

[TD] £ 893.50[/TD]

[TD] £ 625,450.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] £ 25.60[/TD]

[TD] £ 384,000.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

How can the average price be £893.50 when the highest one is £759? :?

EDIT:

Adult prices only...

[TABLE=width: 402]

[TR]

[TD]Area[/TD]

[TD]2013[/TD]

[TD]2014[/TD]

[TD]Difference[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Itchen Premium[/TD]

[TD] £ 730.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 759.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 29.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] £ 709.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 737.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 28.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Centre Itchen[/TD]

[TD] £ 656.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 682.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 26.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Wings / Goals[/TD]

[TD] £ 604.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 628.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 24.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Family[/TD]

[TD] £ 520.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 541.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 21.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]AVERAGE[/TD]

[TD] £ 872.00[/TD]

[TD] £ 893.50[/TD]

[TD] £ 25.60[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] 700[/TD]

[TD] £ 893.50[/TD]

[TD] £ 625,450.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] £ 25.60[/TD]

[TD] £ 384,000.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

How can the average be higher than any of the components used to calculate it, anyway the average ST price depends on how many of each are available. If there are 100 at 750£ and only 50 at 700£ the average is 733£ and not 725£

ok ok - my formatting was shyt also... included the years :(

anyway - my p1ss poor excel skills are detracting from the point of the thread :)

We wanted the club to be more "commercially aware" and that surely means an increase in ST prices to help fund itself?

Agreed, bit surprised we didn't just freeze prices for a good bit of PR, but on the whole it's not a horrific price increase - Premier League football is stupidly expensive.

Anyone know how our increase compares to other PL clubs?

I'd imagine our CAT A game prices are going to go up quite a bit based on them selling out so quickly and easily.

anyway - my p1ss poor excel skills are detracting from the point of the thread :)

We wanted the club to be more "commercially aware" and that surely means an increase in ST prices to help fund itself?

When does it stop though?

Season Ticket prices in this country just seem to go up and up.

It's a joke how Saints can charge fans £628 for behind the goal, yet Munich charge theirs £150odd.

Commercially aware doesn't mean fleecing the audience you already have a bit more, it means seeking new sources of revenue.

Like getting a decent shirt sponsor.

It's a joke how Saints can charge fans £628 for behind the goal, yet Munich charge theirs £150odd.

Oh no, you're right - completely agree with you, but from a business perspective to throw away >£380,000 is madness. Quite how Bayern (and many other mainland European teams) can afford ST prices of that level is astounding.

Commercially aware doesn't mean fleecing the audience you already have a bit more, it means seeking new sources of revenue.

Like getting a decent shirt sponsor.

abso-fricking-lutely

I've said it before... to only get C£1M from aap3 for this seasons sponsorship was madness. They should have said "no MAIN sponsor" this year - and then sell off the shirt sponsor on a game-by-game basis.... im sure that would have raised more than £1M.... the televised and "big" games would command a fair bit, surely?

Oh no, you're right - completely agree with you, but from a business perspective to throw away >£380,000 is madness. Quite how Bayern (and many other mainland European teams) can afford ST prices of that level is astounding.

£380,000 is nothing to a Premier League club though.

'We could charge more than £104. Let's say we charged £300. We'd get £2m more in income but what's £2m to us?

'In a transfer discussion you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan.

'We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody.

'That's the biggest difference between us and England.'

That's what the Bayern Munich president had to say when asked about their season ticket prices.

I can't see myself renewing, it's just got too expensive to support Saints now, especially when you consider that you can watch every single game for free when you're in the Premier League these days.

£380,000 is nothing to a Premier League club though.

That's what the Bayern Munich president had to say when asked about their season ticket prices.

I can't see myself renewing, it's just got too expensive to support Saints now, especially when you consider that you can watch every single game for free when you're in the Premier League these days.

cant argue with that statement from the President there... fair play to them.

we're all just mugs. We shouldn't pay it, but we do, and will

A note on the pricing of different sections of the ground, the side centres being the most costly, I've never chosen to sit in the first say, half a dozen rows, it's just too low, the view sucks. Those seats should be cheaper.

The only reason for that is because people will just pay the prices whatever here in the UK. They can't bear to be without their fix of football, Sky subscription, kit etc, and so they pay the money. It happens year after year, and until attendances/merchandise sales etc fall dramatically, things won't change in that respect. It's not right but that's the way it is.

I last had a season ticket back in 2006. I still love following Saints but now that I have a young family and don't live local, I couldn't even begin to justify getting a season ticket again. For me personally, I'd be looking at the best part of £1000 to £1500 a season to see all of Saints' home games (including transport, food/drink etc). No chance!

The commercial operations at German clubs is on another level to those at Premier League clubs. There is also almost an implied deal between clubs and their season ticket holders that, in exchange for cheap tickets, they'll spend a fortune on all sorts of club merchandise.

If you think clubs in this country take the **** with replica shirts being replaced every year and costing a fortune, the Bundesliga goes one step further. Dortmund brought out a "winter" replica shirt, which was ever so slightly different from their normal home shirt, and they had a different shirt for the Champions League. The cheapest of those at the start of the season was €65.

abso-fricking-lutely

I've said it before... to only get C£1M from aap3 for this seasons sponsorship was madness. They should have said "no MAIN sponsor" this year - and then sell off the shirt sponsor on a game-by-game basis.... im sure that would have raised more than £1M.... the televised and "big" games would command a fair bit, surely?

But they had a contract and no-one wanted to pay enough to buy them out of it. We are small fry, or at least we were when any shirt sponsor negociation was going on last Spring/Summer. Now the problem has gone because their contract is over.

Won't be renewing this year, nothing to do with the price. I can no longer be arsed with the annoying times that the games are shown. I genuinely miss the days of knowing that the games would be (for the most part) at 3pm on Saturday or 7.45pm on a Tuesday.

Premier League is just not really for me I'm afraid (heres hoping for relegation ;) ). I'll now be selective about the games that I go to.

I will be pretty chuffed to get away from the idiots commentating throughout every game for the past 3 years. Captain hindsight indeed...

...of course Saints will now go on to buy Messi and really give the cups a good go and then qualify for Europe, and I'll miss it all (or at least most of it...)

The only reason for that is because people will just pay the prices whatever here in the UK. They can't bear to be without their fix of football, Sky subscription, kit etc, and so they pay the money. It happens year after year, and until attendances/merchandise sales etc fall dramatically, things won't change in that respect. It's not right but that's the way it is.

I last had a season ticket back in 2006. I still love following Saints but now that I have a young family and don't live local, I couldn't even begin to justify getting a season ticket again. For me personally, I'd be looking at the best part of £1000 to £1500 a season to see all of Saints' home games (including transport, food/drink etc). No chance!

This ^. Both parts.

But they had a contract and no-one wanted to pay enough to buy them out of it. We are small fry, or at least we were when any shirt sponsor negociation was going on last Spring/Summer. Now the problem has gone because their contract is over.

Yes, they had a contract, but there was a buy out clause at the end of year 2, which was put in to action....meaning aap3 didnt have to (and initially didnt) take up year 3 of the deal.

It was only at the 11th hour (literally) that the 3rd year was taken up, at a much MUCH reduced rate

Yes, they had a contract, but there was a buy out clause at the end of year 2, which was put in to action....meaning aap3 didnt have to (and initially didnt) take up year 3 of the deal.

It was only at the 11th hour (literally) that the 3rd year was taken up, at a much MUCH reduced rate

Well then that was a very poor show indeed, makes you wonder why the club employ a global sponsorship executive really, perhaps he's not there any more.

Need to find out if they'll switch some of the blocks back to the wings from the centre. In block 4 we were in the wings but last counted as centre, would like to know where we are this season!

dont you be leaving me on my own you cheapo!

I so resent being gradually priced out of supporting my team.

have you stopped eating bread?

Sorry mate, its not just football, its the commercial world we live in.

Edited by Noodles34
oh, hello Turkish, how's Utd getting on?