The Guardian: Interview with Ralph Krueger

Saint-Armstrong

Poch today:

The former Espanyol manager claims the ball is in Southampton's court regarding a new deal.

"I don't think it will be a fight, I have one more year left on my contract," he said. "The decision will be made by the club, when the club has to make that decision.

"I don't really know why there needs to be this massive effort."

If a good offer comes in we will sell, like before when we had no money and now when we do have some, we will always sell as we can not sustain the club without doing so.

If anybody from the club denies that they are talking ****e, why they cant be honest and simply say that is beyond me, they know it, we know it and the prospective buying clubs knows it.

We have done it to smaller clubs for years, would Torquay be able to refuse a £1 Million offer from us? Would they **** and we could not refuse £30 Million from a larger club, selling a player willingly or not is still the same thing, you sell the player.

Lets get real.

If a good offer comes in we will sell, like before when we had no money and now when we do have some, we will always sell as we can not sustain the club without doing so.

If anybody from the club denies that they are talking ****e, why they cant be honest and simply say that is beyond me, they know it, we know it and the prospective buying clubs knows it.

We have done it to smaller clubs for years, would Torquay be able to refuse a £1 Million offer from us? Would they **** and we could not refuse £30 Million from a larger club, selling a player willingly or not is still the same thing, you sell the player.

Lets get real.

Where is your evidence to back up this statement? Do you have privileged info about our finances, the projections for future revenue streams, the balance sheet covering our outgoings? No, I didn't think so.

It somehow seems to have escaped your notice that in terms of wealth of ownership, we are not a small club from that perspective. Therefore we do not need £30 million from the sale of Shaw in order to balance the books. We will only sell him because we think it is a good deal or Shaw wants to move. If he is sold for either of those reasons, no doubt you will take it that we were unable to keep him because we were a small club, like Torquay are at their level, and could not do otherwise.

I don't hold out much hope of you getting real any time soon.

Where is your evidence to back up this statement? Do you have privileged info about our finances, the projections for future revenue streams, the balance sheet covering our outgoings? No, I didn't think so.

It somehow seems to have escaped your notice that in terms of wealth of ownership, we are not a small club from that perspective. Therefore we do not need £30 million from the sale of Shaw in order to balance the books. We will only sell him because we think it is a good deal or Shaw wants to move. If he is sold for either of those reasons, no doubt you will take it that we were unable to keep him because we were a small club, like Torquay are at their level, and could not do otherwise.

He has been supporting us since 1981 you know. He is a real fan. Honest.

If Manchester United or Liverpool bid for Shaw you dont think if the money was right we would sell? You think Shaw would not want to go? Dont be silly, naive and blind.

Where is this money then? They may have it but you have to spend it, where are the indications they will? Have they said? Have I missed something? Who's money do you refer to as well?

Lets clear this up.

If Manchester United or Liverpool bid for Shaw you dont think if the money was right we would sell? You think Shaw would not want to go? Dont be silly, naive and blind.

Where is this money then? They may have it but you have to spend it, where are the indications they will? Have they said? Have I missed something? Who's money do you refer to as well?

Lets clear this up.

Were you born like this or was it the environment that made you this way?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I think that you'll find that Adkins leaving was a shock to most Sainsts fans and most fans of other teams too and the media . You of course, being the know it all that you think you are, knew that it was on the cards.

And of course, I never said that formal statements and official press releases are the most reliable sources of information. What I did mean, is that statements released by the club carry more weight regarding our players than wish lists from other clubs who desire to purchase them.

Either I don't explain myself very clearly, you're a bit thick, or deliberately obtuse. Probably the latter.

There were plenty of rumours about Adkins. You dismissed them as made up journalist rubbish in your traditional pious way, most memorably on the very morning he was sacked. You know you did.

And if you think generic statements from clubs carry more weight than a phone call from an agent to a good journo with a solid gold tip off of an imminent big transfer, then fine.

Keep reading the match day magazine for "all the hot news from St Mary ' s", then. Or maybe move to North Korea.

There were plenty of rumours about Adkins. You dismissed them as made up journalist rubbish in your traditional pious way, most memorably on the very morning he was sacked. You know you did.

And if you think generic statements from clubs carry more weight than a phone call from an agent to a good journo with a solid gold tip off of an imminent big transfer, then fine.

Keep reading the match day magazine for "all the hot news from St Mary ' s", then. Or maybe move to North Korea.

Adkins going was a huge shock. He'd turned the corner since previous rumours after 2 defeats in 12! Agree with wes.

Probably a bit of both Ms Avenue.

So what was so bad in 1975 when you were born?? Was it the EEC referendum of that year? The Labour government under Harold Wilson?

Or were you so upset when Saints beat Pompey that year (and the next year) ??

Lets get real.

You want the club to release a statement saying that we will sell any player if we receive a good enough offer? Really?

You want the club to release a statement saying that we will sell any player if we receive a good enough offer? Really?

Good idea! Maybe they could also confirm that the notion of finishing in the top six is hilarious nonsense and increasing ST prices for the 'bowl with no soul' is just their little joke with us happy clapping mugs?

Maybe then BS will claim his forum crown and retire gracefully.;)

Imagine the sh*t storm that would go down if that happened!

Barry, you've got some f*cking weird ideas of what you want the club to say and not say.

Adkins going was a huge shock. He'd turned the corner since previous rumours after 2 defeats in 12! Agree with wes.

It wasn't a shock, he was a dead man walking since we failed to win the championship title. Some of the 'trolls' spoke about this and we're told we were wrong, he was a great manager and Cortese should stick with him even if we go down. The thing that was a surprise was the timing, half way through the transfer window and as having seemed to have turned the corner I thought he'd be given the season and then replaced in the summer.

It wasn't a shock, he was a dead man walking since we failed to win the championship title. Some of the 'trolls' spoke about this and we're told we were wrong, he was a great manager and Cortese should stick with him even if we go down. The thing that was a surprise was the timing, half way through the transfer window and as having seemed to have turned the corner I thought he'd be given the season and then replaced in the summer.

I just thought he was a crap manager, totally out of his depth in the PL and even in tough games in the Championship.

I just thought he was a crap manager, totally out of his depth in the PL and even in tough games in the Championship.

So totally out of his depth that he got promoted at the first time of asking from the Championship, and was 15th and on an upward spiral at the time of his dismissal in the Premier League.

Yep, that sure sounds like someone out of his depth. Definitely.

I think that you'll find that Adkins leaving was a shock to most Sainsts fans and most fans of other teams too and the media . You of course, being the know it all that you think you are, knew that it was on the cards.

And of course, I never said that formal statements and official press releases are the most reliable sources of information. What I did mean, is that statements released by the club carry more weight regarding our players than wish lists from other clubs who desire to purchase them.

Either I don't explain myself very clearly, you're a bit thick, or deliberately obtuse. Probably the latter.

CB FRY is 'Mr Know it All' as you rightly suggest. In his own little world he is King of all he surveys and quite omnipotent.

'Oh Great One, CBFRY all knowing'

The thing that scuppered Adkins was his belief in the 'yo yo' strategy. This was our strategy for the first year and a good one at that but then NC got all ambitious and started talking about building a top 6 club.

The thing that scuppered Adkins was his belief in the 'yo yo' strategy. This was our strategy for the first year and a good one at that but then NC got all ambitious and started talking about building a top 6 club.

Even by your own low standards, that's a pretty turgid effort.

The blokes a c**k. Don't know why anybody even try's to reason with his weird logic. He makes Pap's conspiracy theories seem normal.

It's not even logic, it's blatantly just trying to be hilarious by repeating something over and over and over ad nauseam. I wouldn't mind so much if he was actually funny, which is surely the intention. But nope, just the same bland turgid repetitive predictability time and time again. i actually feel a bit sorry for him that he feels he has to put in such a stint of sh*te.

Imagine the sh*t storm that would go down if that happened!

Barry, you've got some f*cking weird ideas of what you want the club to say and not say.

Not at all. Barry's idea of what the club should be saying is perfectly simple - they should say whatever they're not saying, and then he'll be happy.

It's not even logic, it's blatantly just trying to be hilarious by repeating something over and over and over ad nauseam. I wouldn't mind so much if he was actually funny, which is surely the intention. But nope, just the same bland turgid repetitive predictability time and time again. i actually feel a bit sorry for him that he feels he has to put in such a stint of sh*te.

Say what you like about conspiracy theories etc, it's no skin off my nose.

Not at all. Barry's idea of what the club should be saying is perfectly simple - they should say whatever they're not saying, and then he'll be happy.

The poor fkr. That's no way to live a life.

Can't we as a group help him?

My God you're naive! Phone calls from agents, eh? You mean the agents with a strong financial interest in getting their players to move to other clubs so that they can get their percentage of the fee? No reason for agents to stir the pot then, no Siree. :rolleyes:

Lets clear this up.

The highlighted bit part is the important bit. I have always said that players we want to keep will only be allowed to go for silly money, as we have no financial need to sell them.

Regarding the second part, we will have to wait and see whether money will be spent on taking us to the next step up the ladder. In the meantime, there is no evidence that they won't, is there? Does that clear up your befuddled mind?