Sound Bar/System for TV

Monk

Are they any good and worth getting?

The old dear has offered to buy me and the missus one as a moving in present for our new telly. Fancied getting one with the World Cup coming up plus we play a fair bit of music through ours?

My Dad bought a BOSE sound bar for his giant telly a few months back. Cool I thought, decent quality, should be the business. In reality however, the TV's own speakers are pretty good and the sound bar is just OK in comparison. Does not really add very much IMO. Not sure if he chose the wrong one though

I've always wondered about these. Got a 5:1 setup for the office ( ms pap didn't want wires in the front room! ) but wouldn't mind something with a bit more oomph.

Does make me laugh how sniffy we've become about tech, though. I remember being blown away when I got my first console with separate audio jacks! (or for that matter, my first personal colour TV).

Edited by pap

• 3 weeks later...

Sonos, go to richer sounds in Southampton and ask for a demo. I am just about to get one! Oh my days! They also offer huge amounts of accessibility.you can hook up loads of so so speakers and put them anywhere in your house and then have the same music or TV any where. At the sme time