"Glass ceiling and summer budget"

Fitzhugh Fella

It seems the manager has not been told yet what sort of summer budget he can expect. I find that a little odd myself. And have we as the article hints at - "hit our glass ceiling"? To push on from this excellent season is going to take a hefty outlay, so have we peaked? So many questions and an interesting summer awaits.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/11158610.Poch__I_don_t_know_a_budget_for_next_season/?ref=var_0

Eighth is brilliant and finishing regularly within a couple of places of that isn't something any of us should "fear", it's all in how you look at it. We aren't about to move into the spending bracket of the top clubs and would end up functioning at a big loss if we did.

It'll cost enough just to maintain this. Anybody dissatisfied with where we are now is setting their sights unrealistically.

It seems the manager has not been told yet what sort of summer budget he can expect. I find that a little odd myself. And have we as the article hints at - "hit our glass ceiling"? To push on from this excellent season is going to take a hefty outlay, so have we peaked? So many questions and an interesting summer awaits.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/11158610.Poch__I_don_t_know_a_budget_for_next_season/?ref=var_0

Probably, but a few finishes of 8th every season would be success in my eyes.

Eighth is brilliant and finishing regularly within a couple of places of that isn't something any of us should "fear", it's all in how you look at it. We aren't about to move into the spending bracket of the top clubs and would end up functioning at a big loss if we did.

It'll cost enough just to maintain this. Anybody dissatisfied with where we are now is setting their sights unrealistically.

I agree but were/are Pochettino and Cortese setting them unrealistically

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2444164/Mauricio-Pochettino-Forget-Europa-League-Southampton-want-Champions-League.html

The realistic ones on here have never said 8th is bad or poor, they have simply questioned how the club could ever push on without funds? The happier ones see this as them knocking the club when they simply see them as bull**** claims and hopes with no foundation by them.

Just out of interest, why have you put a question mark at the end of your first sentence....when it's not a question?

The realistic ones on here have never said 8th is bad or poor, they have simply questioned how the club could ever push on without funds? The happier ones see this as them knocking the club when they simply see them as bull**** claims and hopes with no foundation by them.

So you are either realistic or happy? Interesting theory. Face it, some people have true realistic, well thought out vision, whereas some people are fantasists because they can provide no reasoning. This is true for both optimists and pessimists. I am sure I've met plenty of both who are happy and plenty who are not. Some people on the other hand fit their own opinion to a theory and spout it as fact, Barry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ralph is waiting for Mr Sanchez to send in his £10 donation before finalising the transfer budget:D

With my donation....Poch will know exactly how much he has to spend.:rolleyes:

Glad to hear from my mate in the pub that Barry Sanchez has now taken the mighty Saints on as his second club and even volunteered the donation.;)

Go Bazza:p

People have avoided the issue, 8th is a good finish, will this please Pochettino though? The club?At least the happier ones can now put to bed any thoughts of Champions League football and be content with the club as it is.

Actually I think the "happier" ones ARE content with the club as it is now.

It´s the miserable ones that keeps spouting complains about almost everything on here.

People have avoided the issue, 8th is a good finish, will this please Pochettino though? The club?At least the happier ones can now put to bed any thoughts of Champions League football and be content with the club as it is.

Not really your problem though is it skate? Hoping for a promotion push next season from L2 is where your mind should be.

It's already been stated that a "difficult financial situation" was inherited so personally I don't expect much to be spent in the summer. I can see more players leaving than coming in and if any come in and they won't be of Osvaldo or Ramirez type fees. 8th isn't a bad position to finish in, I'd prefer stability over spending insane amounts in an attempt to get a Champions league place.

Let's be honest, anyone thinking we can leapfrog over 3 or 4 of the following: Arsenal, United, Citeh, Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton and Spurs, in order to get a CL place in the forseeable future is living in cloud cuckoo land.

It's already been stated that a "difficult financial situation" was inherited so personally I don't expect much to be spent in the summer. I can see more players leaving than coming in and if any come in and they won't be of Osvaldo or Ramirez type fees. 8th isn't a bad position to finish in, I'd prefer stability over spending insane amounts in an attempt to get a Champions league place.

Let's be honest, anyone thinking we can leapfrog over 3 or 4 of the following: Arsenal, United, Citeh, Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton and Spurs, in order to get a CL place in the forseeable future is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Many many did, many believed Cortese and his dreams, without any foundation of course, many I supsect dont belive in God as there is not prrof and yet Cortese rolls up spouts crap and hey presto we are the new Barcelona, now many dont want to read into WHAT IS NOT BEING SAID as this also means they have to question "the journey".

Who do they think we actually are, how arrogant (naive) can fans be?

Many many did, many believed Cortese and his dreams, without any foundation of course, many I supsect dont belive in God as there is not prrof and yet Cortese rolls up spouts crap and hey presto we are the new Barcelona, now many dont want to read into WHAT IS NOT BEING SAID as this also means they have to question "the journey".

This is hilarious by the way.

When does reading between the lines, or reading between where the lines aren't, become simply making s**t up?

We are Saints fans....We dream and sometimes we believe.

Mostly we dream.

Every post of yours continues to belittle SFC and us Saints fans.

You continually prove beyond all doubt your objective is to criticise, ridicule and generally rubbish us and our little dreams.

There is never any constructive posting or even an attempt to hide your hatred for SFC and the true fans on this forum.

I would respect you more if you were at least honest.

I have known for a long time who you are, what your problems are and the enoyment you derive from your continual drivel on this forum.

I felt sorry for you at first but now have utter contempt for a sad little cretin that you are.

I did attempt to ignore you and the likes of other saddos on here but told not to let the frustration get the better of me.

Yes I am a happy clapper but you Alpine and Glasgow just take the PIIISH.

just go away FFS.......You are not even funny.......I can laugh at Alpine and Glasgow ...sometimes.:D through gritted teeth:D

But you are a bad person.:p

Mostly we dream.

You continually prove beyond all doubt your objective is to criticise, ridicule and generally rubbish us and our little dreams.

There is never any constructive posting or even an attempt to hide your hatred for SFC and the true fans on this forum.

I have known for a long time who you are, what your problems are and the enoyment you derive from your continual drivel on this forum.

I felt sorry for you at first but now have utter contempt for a sad little cretin that you are.

I did attempt to ignore you and the likes of other saddos on here but told not to let the frustration get the better of me.

just go away FFS.......You are not even funny.......I can laugh at Alpine and Glasgow ...sometimes.:D through gritted teeth:D

Stop making veiled criticism and tell him what you really think.

Mostly we dream.

It's hard to see what enjoyment someone can get from behaving like good old Bazza does. He really is pathetic and pitiful but no doubt in his own mind he thinks he is something special. Odd.

Mostly we dream.

This...I call a spade a spade and a skate a skate...and the sad parasites who infest this site for the purposes of belittling the club are certainly not Saints supporters.

The only 'person' I've ever called out as a skate is the same illiterate, unfunny clunt you name - as I've said before - were 'he' to spout these opinions in a Saints pub rather than anonymously from a desk in Benefits Street the results would be a physical manifestation of the verbal battering 'he' takes here..but it could be argued that skates are for battering.

Tiresome skate troll!

He seems to take pleasure in belittling the opinions of others, ridiculing hopes and ambitions and inflating his own self importance.

He appears to experience no joy in being a Saints fan (as he claims to be).

There is a lot of middle ground between happy clapping and trolling but you can't seem to find it.

Maybe it's time to follow a differerent sport BS?

To be perfectly frank, you are a s**t football fan.

Lol!

Sorry...fellow posters and Saints fans.

Let my frustrations get the better of me.

Off to see my psychiatrist:rolleyes:

Only problem is that she will not give me any info on fellow patients.

The good news is that if I continue supporting Saints...I really will become a nutjob:mcinnes:

Just to get back on track:D

Saints , Ralph , Poch KL and LR and our new Directors have all in hand....:)

All will be revealed in due course..:D

AS IF ALL WAS NOT ALREADY IN THE MELTING POT:p

He seems to take pleasure in belittling the opinions of others, ridiculing hopes and ambitions and inflating his own self importance.

He appears to experience no joy in being a Saints fan (as he claims to be).

There is a lot of middle ground between happy clapping and trolling but you can't seem to find it.

Maybe it's time to follow a differerent sport BS?

To be perfectly frank, you are a s**t football fan.

I have no importance only dreams goatboy.

Probably, but a few finishes of 8th every season would be success in my eyes.

We possibly have the potential for a couple of top 6 finishes should sufficient strengthening occur (and we keep most of our prized assets) but a lot of that 'potential' is on the back of our youth talents peaking at the right time.

Realistically for our club size top eight finishes would be excellent if done consistantly. But I think that with the current squad, poch + a few additions we might just be able to stretch that little bit further.

Itll be interesteting to see the boards intentions as I think without a signal of intent we will miss the opportunity to capitalise.

Come on guys, you all know Barry Sanchez has a point - we're all dreaming, Cortese's been feeding us lies and false hopes, we've reached our glass ceiling and can never go any further.

We're never going to get out of League 1 and it's time we accepted it.

Come on guys, you all know Barry Sanchez has a point - we're all dreaming, Cortese's been feeding us lies and false hopes, we've reached our glass ceiling and can never go any further.

We're never going to get out of League 1 and it's time we accepted it.

Are we in League 1 going for the Champions League football, thats changed.

This has been the best season ever and if we hold on to 8th it will be our biggest achievement in the history of SFC.

Just staying in the Premier league is cause for celebration and should never be under estimated. Just ask Cardiff, Norwich and Fulham fans who are fighting to stay up this season.

Agree with OP.

Also the talk of a Sporting Director seems odd from a timing point of view. Poch made a big thing last summer of how prepared we were, getting Lovren early a good example.

Hope we don't cock up this summer window, because if we do we could be in a relegation battle next season if a couple of key players go, Jay is injured til near enough Xmas etc.

On the other hand a couple of clever additions and we could 'kick on'.

Wow! Fitzhugh Fella, you really do like to make a mountain out of a molehill. Take the stirring Echo who have an agenda, add in your agenda and hey presto.....pathetic.

In one ! Its an Echo "article" and Fitzhugh jumps on its negativity straight away.Pathetic indeed.

I'd say the best seasons ever were 76 and the year we came runners-up to Liverpool in the 1st Division. Both, but especially the latter, were remarkable achievements. This season is also remarkable, and particularly in terms of the academy and English contingent, but not, frankly, in the same echelon as those 2.

I don't see any reason why we can't compete with the likes of Everton and Spurs personally. They both edge us in terms of gate revenue and merchandising sales but don't have significantly higher budgets.

Our problem comes from a lack of depth and unfortunate injuries to Lovren, Boruc and the ineptitude of our record signing. If £15m had been better spent than that waste of space we'd be right up there with Everton, Spurs and even Arsenal this season. Wanyama and Gaston have been disappointments too.

If we can find another JRod and Lovren at similar prices, we can improve next season.

This has been the best season ever and if we hold on to 8th it will be our biggest achievement in the history of SFC.

Just staying in the Premier league is cause for celebration and should never be under estimated. Just ask Cardiff, Norwich and Fulham fans who are fighting to stay up this season.

I can only hope you are being sarcastic.