Eastleigh promoted

Bad Wolf

It isn't just the close geographical proximity to Eastleigh that's interesting......(I mean you can drive across the city boundary into Eastleigh without hardly noticing it)

.... but having a higher league status means that their standard of football will be higher.....and it turn may mean a better chance for some youngsters to get games if they are stuck in the Academy,

....or on the way back from injury lay-off. Recent seasons show that many teams promoted from the Conference have often done just as well in L2.....and a few teams (like Crawley) have made up to L1.

Of course Eastleigh will be looking to strengthen their squad properly to get cover BUT if they can continue to maintain their recent good form.. there could be some real benefit for both clubs in the future.

It isn't just the close geographical proximity to Eastleigh that's interesting......(I mean you can drive across the city boundary into Eastleigh without hardly noticing it)

.... but having a higher league status means that their standard of football will be higher.....and it turn may mean a better chance for some youngsters to get games if they are stuck in the Academy,

....or on the way back from injury lay-off. Recent seasons show that many teams promoted from the Conference have often done just as well in L2.....and a few teams (like Crawley) have made up to L1.

Of course Eastleigh will be looking to strengthen their squad properly to get cover BUT if they can continue to maintain their recent good form.. there could be some real benefit for both clubs in the future.

They haven't been promoted from the conference...

Fair play to them, incredible how far they've come in a short space of time. Would be great for the area if they could achieve another promotion, although would they be allowed into the football league without major redevelopment of the silverlake?

I really hope they make it into the League. Would be brilliant to see them on the FL show and Sky Sports News. I was there for their last few promotions when I was a kid and just getting into football! They've come so far!

Anyone know the situation with their ground? I've heard numerous people say their ground won't be good enough to play at Conference level and that they may ask to ground share with us?

It was a brilliant day, great atmosphere. The only time I was worried was when I got squashed by the Eastleigh fans behind me as I fell to the ground with the barrier during the second goal.

Normally get 8-10 game a season and this year getting a season ticket @ £171-00 for a stand seat then next year early bird even cheaper. Great view, 2-3 food outlets, free parking (or walk to ground) and always see Saints fans I know at game. Great football and great value.

Will be very tough in next league but Eastleigh deserve it and its a big achievement for a small club.

It was a brilliant day, great atmosphere. The only time I was worried was when I got squashed by the Eastleigh fans behind me as I fell to the ground with the barrier during the second goal.

Normally get 8-10 game a season and this year getting a season ticket @ £171-00 for a stand seat then next year early bird even cheaper. Great view, 2-3 food outlets, free parking (or walk to ground) and always see Saints fans I know at game. Great football and great value.

Will be very tough in next league but Eastleigh deserve it and its a big achievement for a small club.

£171 for a season ticket, bloody hell that's cheap. I paid just over £200 for a Darlington one this season, 2 divisions lower!

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk 2