Everton Build Up Thread

saintchris23

Obviously lacking bite and pace up front since J Rod's injury - 1 goal since - so expect, unfortunately a narrow defeat. I'd stick SG up front from the start to give him game time. We probably wont get caught by the geordies and we can't realistically catch anyone in front of us, so maybe give the lad a full 90 to see how he copes.

Lukaku will be returning to haunt the same weekend as last year when he was part of an attack that put three past us.

By virtue of Everton still having a lot to play for they will overcome us, just hope we work on our attacking movement a bit more this week and look better going forward then we did v Cardiff and Villa.

Everton looked good today. Nothing wrong with our front line. We're just a young side learning how to read weaknesses in different teams. Lambert, Lallana and the centre backs ( on set pieces) all well capable of scoring. Need to make that early pressure count though.

Have you seen the bt sport advert for the match?

Saw it this morning at about 6:10.... It's like an advert for aftershave with the caption 'alluring football' or something similar.

Moody shots of MoPo in b&w

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

A great game at this stage of the season. That they have everything to play for and we have nothing will be seen by a lot of people as making this a nailed-on result for Everton but football doesn't work like that. Our passing game should still give us most of the possession but MoPo and Jesus have a challange in how to convert possession into goals. The idea that our strikers are not good enough to take the chances, such as the ones that weren't taken against Villa, looks too simplistic, as does the idea that only JRod would be capable of scoring.

Really looking forward to this game which could genuinely go either way but gives Saints a chance of putting down a marker for next season and encouraging players in the squad to stick with the project.

Edited by Professor

Just watched MOTD2, Utd had 61% possession and no goals, no width or front runners to get in behind Everton back 4. Then got hit by two counter attack goals.

Shaw will need someone in front of him to block Coleman steaming forward. I would expect same tactics from Martinez.

So what is MoPo's plan B?

No doubt we will dominate possession but get beat 2-0. Shaw will have his work cut out against the best attacking right back in the league in Coleman. Rickie really needs to start putting some chances away, he's still getting by hoping Carroll doesn't score any

Amazing that the people who in one thread say we ought to be higher up the league then come on here and dismiss us as even having a chance against the team three places above us in the league at home.

Lets see if they're as happy to magnanimously accept defeat by a better team on the post-match thread should Everton beat us.

Personally, I see Everton as being too strong physically, play a faster tempo than us and have more variation in the final third so predict we will lose 2-1..

It all depends, Everton finished yesterday's game with a second choice CB pairing. Don't know the status of Jagielka and Distin but with the young Stones (who looked handy by the way) and the Paraguayan wallah their defence might be a bit weaker than usual. However our front men will need to take their chances correctly and not waste them again as they did on Saturday.

Edited by Window Cleaner

When someone asked how many points we would get from last 5 games I said 2. The reason being that I didn't know where our goals were coming from. A point each at Villa & Swansea.

So that said, I think we will lose against Everton.

Not happy about it, but no Jay Rod, Osvaldo & Ramirez (£34m worth of attacking options) we were always gonna struggle!

Think I'd use Shaw LMF to give us more pace going forward, sadly lacking since JRod's injury. Clyne at LB and they could double up on Colman, when he comes forward.

why on earth would that work?

it wont happen and thank god for that