Summer 2014 HCDAJFU

Lighthouse

With threads popping up about various players recently, who would you like to see us go for in summer.

Marshall for me is an obvious candidate. If Cardiff go down, would they consider a swap with Kelvin plus cash maybe.

From other teams battling the drop, I'd maybe look at Snodgrass, Adam Johnson and Borini (if Liverpool don't want). Only if we could get them at a decent price, I don't think any of them are amazing.

I've been saying Dnipro winger Konoplyanka for about 3 transfer windows, so I'll quickly mention him here again.

Speaking of which, is the Astori saga going to rumble on or is that dead now Cortese has gone?

Lukaku would seem another obvious choice but we would face stiff competition. If Everton can match Chelsea's asking price they would surely be favourites.

People will talk about Ings but he looks likely to be coming up with Burnley anyway and it would take a silly offer to prize him away.

Other suggestions.

Edited by Lighthouse

Marshall is a realistic shout, a club like Arsenal wouldn't be mad going for someone like him.

Not entirely sure Snodgrass or Adam Johnson would add anything to us, 2 very bog-average players who would slow us down - kind of the last type of player we need. The Dinpro guy will be at Liverpool come the summer, so a no go there.

Borini is a lively little player though, if available at the right price he could become that little poacher in the box for us.

This forum seems unable to make good transfer suggestions. They're either wildly over ambitious (Lukaku) or completely unaspirational and uninspiring (Ings, Adam Johnson FFS). I'll admit Marshall would be a great signing and realistic. Nathan Redmond the same and, most importantly, he has pace which is what we so desperately need.

This forum seems unable to make good transfer suggestions. They're either wildly over ambitious (Lukaku) or completely unaspirational and uninspiring (Ings, Adam Johnson FFS). I'll admit Marshall would be a great signing and realistic. Nathan Redmond the same and, most importantly, he has pace which is what we so desperately need.

Is Chamberlain a good enough suggestion for you? He's my tip for the summer, Wenger will leave and Ox will come back here.

I'd expect us to bring players In from abroad. Could do with a player who can play anywhere in the "3", Possibly 2.

Some "realistic" suggestions...(admittedly some more realistic than others)

Drmic

Vela

Immobile

Aduriz

Cabella

Lasogga

Lacazette

Aubameyang

Firmino

Griezmann

Berardi

Adrian Ramos

Ok some maybe pretty likely to be looking at bigger clubs than ourselves but would think one or two of these are gettable..

All comes down to the ambition of the chairman.

I'd expect us to bring players In from abroad. Could do with a player who can play anywhere in the "3", Possibly 2.

Drmic

Vela

Immobile

Aduriz

Cabella

Lasogga

Lacazette

Aubameyang

Firmino

Griezmann

Berardi

Adrian Ramos

Ok some maybe pretty likely to be looking at bigger clubs than ourselves but would think one or two of these are gettable..

Lacazette and Cabella would be perfect.

Interesting piece about Welbeck wanting to leave Man Utd on the BBC.

Might be a bit ambitious but I'd love him here. A few would want him, but at how many of the top 7 would he get a regular starting berth up front?

Would love to see him come here. IMO he is a very underrated player who simply does not play enough games. It makes me sick to see some of these talented English players stagnating at the big clubs who do not put faith in them.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Drmic

Vela

Immobile

Aduriz

Cabella

Lasogga

Lacazette

Aubameyang

Firmino

Griezmann

Berardi

Adrian Ramos

Ramos has already signed somewhere else, Dortmund perhaps. If you want players from German sides it needs to be done by now, they don't hang about waiting for ditherers to decide if they want them or not.

Surely replacing J-rod has got to be a priority? Personally think Nathan Redmond would be a good shout pacy, skilful can play out wide (both left and right). How about Thomas Ince? another player comfortable playing out wide on either wing with skill and pace. Saido Berahino is another player I reckon could be a good buy. Really would like to see us concentrate on bringing in young English (British) talent over foreign imports though I realise that isn't always a realistic aim.

Oxlade-who came through our academy-Chamberlain? If our own fans think that players that we actually produce are 'out of our league', what hope do we have for progressing?

Well, how about Bale?

Chamberlain has no reason to come back here really. He gets games when he's fit, plays incredibly well and plays in Europe and for England. The only downside is being a victim of Arsenal's horrendous fitness and physio methods which leave half their squad on the treatment table.

The sooner people stop suggesting painfully average, run-about-a-bit players like Nathan Redmond the better.

I haven't watched enough foreign football this year to spot any of our likely targets. In this league I'd like Holtby and Marshall, though the point made about ball control is a good one. He would have to be up to that.

If we're ready to throw a huge wad of cash at somebody then Wilfried Bony would be terrific. Top class ability and incredibly versatile, but he'll probably stay at Swansea. We'd have to offer eye watering amounts to prise him away.

Welbeck's an interesting idea, but I worry he'd think himself bigger than the team. If he can get his head down and keep his feet on the ground then I'd take him on ability for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, really.

Adam Johnson has had a very good season and has stood out whilst playing for a struggling team... he even had talk of getting and England recall. All in all he is a very good player who would compliment us nicely and I'd love to see 3 of him, lallana, jayrod, ramirez and davis drifting all over the front 3. Would be a very tidy player for us with his ability.

I also don't understand your issue with Ings. I can think of a few other players who made the championship team of the season who have done a very good job for saints... Do you remember players like Lambert, lallana, jayrod, clyne? Ringing any bells?

As for Marshall, he would be an absolutely outstanding keeper, and would certainly surpass even Niemi in the modern saints error. He has had an absolutely fantastic season.

Redmond could be useful, but who would you seriously drop for him? Plus that lad is a winger, and how many saints fans need to be reminded that we don't play with wingers... It beggars belief.

Well, how about Bale?

Chamberlain has no reason to come back here really. He gets games when he's fit, plays incredibly well and plays in Europe and for England. The only downside is being a victim of Arsenal's horrendous fitness and physio methods which leave half their squad on the treatment table.

The sooner people stop suggesting painfully average, run-about-a-bit players like Nathan Redmond the better.

I haven't watched enough foreign football this year to spot any of our likely targets. In this league I'd like Holtby and Marshall, though the point made about ball control is a good one. He would have to be up to that.

If we're ready to throw a huge wad of cash at somebody then Wilfried Bony would be terrific. Top class ability and incredibly versatile, but he'll probably stay at Swansea. We'd have to offer eye watering amounts to prise him away.

Welbeck's an interesting idea, but I worry he'd think himself bigger than the team. If he can get his head down and keep his feet on the ground then I'd take him on ability for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh the irony......

What about Hernandez from utd?

He is a great shout, I also think Wilfried Bony is a top player but getting him off Swansea will be impossible. I expect him to end up at a top 4 club eventually. We should have gone for him las summer instead of Osvaldo.

Because his career has stalled and we're the best team in the country for developing youngsters and he grew up here. Not as if he's going to win any silverware at Arsenal either is it.

You see Hull as the big favourite at Wembley then?

In fairness I doubt anyone would be surprised if Hull turned over Arsenal just like Birmingham did a few years back in the carling cup.

Still a big thing to say that Chamberlain wont win any silverware at Arsenal when talking about his possibility of going back to us IMO.

For the right price, and I'd like to think I'm being realistic (not on some of them tbh), these would be decent buys:

Cuadrado-(fast winger and who we need, might cost a bit tbf)

Guarin (swap for Osvaldo maybe+cash)- unlikely but still a possibility.

Aaron Hunt

Marshall (good solid GK as weve seen)

Dragovic (might have been linked with us earlier, but I think HCDAJFU)

Narsingh- fast pacey player and Dutch international. Yes he is coming from Holland but if hes half as good as Suarez thatll be quality. Can play as striker and wide, may or may not be pricey, I reckon we could develop him.

Lacazette

Cabella

Immobile

Astori (might be expensive tbh)

Firmino

Bafetimbi Gomis (he probs wont be great tbh but might be able to do ajob for us- wouldnt pay more than 7)

Ben Arfa

Micah Richards- I know WHU want him as well as Liverpool, may be worth a gamble tbh... would add depth

Holtby

Edited by nta786

Because his career has stalled and we're the best team in the country for developing youngsters and he grew up here. Not as if he's going to win any silverware at Arsenal either is it.

He's had a lot of injury problems, and he's actually progressed remarkably well even through that. Proved himself worthy of a central berth in one of the league's best midfields and scored some important goals.

Give him a clear season fitness-wise and he'll be one of Arsenal's best players. He'd certainly give Lallana a run for his money if he came to us.

On Astori - why is he still at Cagliari? I remember their chairman was very demanding but you'd think if he was that much cop a move would have materialised somewhere. They're a tiny, tiny club.

A few opinions...

Looking at clubs that likely are going down I would be happy with Marshall, Caulker from Cardiff. Borini obviously but think he will have more chances next year at Liverpool when they play in Europe again. I said last summer that I´d like to see Martin Olsson as a LB backup to Shaw and stand by it.

Holtby looks a better player now when he gets to play regurly so could be a decent shout. Dont see him getting too many games at Spurs next year cause I think they will go out on the market again like they always do so expect them to bring in another 5-6 players. (Levy/Baldini loves to buy and sell players)

Would love Lasogga or a player like Memphis Depay but dont think he´s on the radar. Patrick Hermann from Monchengladbach is a good young player and I like Viktor Fischer but also unlikely and I read an article that Laporte from Bilbao were a target but that seems very unlikely. (and it was football direct news.....)

Many good young players out there and if we went out on the market we could be an interesting club to go to for many players right now IMO....

what about for the striking option,mario gomes,doesn't seem to be playing much at fiorentina,think they paid a similar price to what we paid for Osvaldo,possible swap deal,could be win win for all parties,he would be the finisher we need,I'm sure he has the pace we need,not a rumour just a thought