Summer 2014 HCDAJFU

Lighthouse

I know, but 3 more England internationals would be nice.

Richards doesn't seem to have a poor attitude, he's stayed at a club he really likes but hasn't been given much chance. He was excellent a couple of years ago. Fair enough Zabaleta is very good, but Demichellis isn't. He wanted to be a CB so might as well go somewhere that doesn't need right backs.

In terms of attitude I'm sure there was a story that came out of the club shortly after Patrick vieira joined along the lines of:

Vieira: what do you want out of your career?

Richards: an England regular, trophy winner and the best defender in the country

Vieira: so why are you the last person to get on the training pitch and the first to leave?

There is a reason he hasn't become the player he could be. He's still young enough as a defender to change but will he? I don't know. And he's currently on 80k a week, not something we could get close to.

Who fancies Daehli at Cardiff then?

Yes - mentioned this earlier in the thread. He's young, quick, technically gifted and would fit in perfectly with our style of play. He was excellent when they played at St Mary's. Much rather someone like him over the likes of Snodgrass who has been suggested. Daehli will be a star in the future.

New Keeper = Marshall or Ruddy ... depending on who gets relegated

Centre Back = Caulker or Micah Richards

Up Front = 2 of Bony, Aspas, Victor Moses or Redmond

New creative Number 10 required.

And if Shaw leaves then bring in Bertrand from Chelsea.

New Keeper = Marshall or Ruddy ... depending on who gets relegated

Centre Back = Caulker or Micah Richards

Up Front = 2 of Bony, Aspas, Victor Moses or Redmond

New creative Number 10 required.

And if Shaw leaves then bring in Bertrand from Chelsea.

Wouldn't have Ruddy, not a massive fan. Would try for Marshal even if they aren't relegated (which I think they will be, to be honest).

Caulker is a good shout, good player and would bring a lot of quality along side Lovren.

Aspas is an interesting shout actually, don't think he's had many opportunities at Liverpool but I certainty don't think he's a bad player from what I've seen of him - in the right team and with regular games he could be an asset, I reckon.

• 2 weeks later...

Now Gary Monk is full time Swansea boss talk on the Swansea forums is that Nathan Dyer is unwanted/not rated by Monk. Would Nathan be worth bringing back to saints? Might cost more than the 400K Swansea paid for him could he play a similar role to J-rod certainly add some pace to the side.

Now Gary Monk is full time Swansea boss talk on the Swansea forums is that Nathan Dyer is unwanted/not rated by Monk. Would Nathan be worth bringing back to saints? Might cost more than the 400K Swansea paid for him could he play a similar role to J-rod certainly add some pace to the side.

Not sure to be honest, he had a good spell at Swansea but was kind of found out in the end. Not entirely sure he's a perfect fit for our system as a starter, but as someone to bring off the bench...don't see why not, but I doubt he'd move to be on the bench! And I'm concious of filling up the team with squad players, I think anyone we sign should be automatically better than who they're replacing, and I'm not sure Dyer is.

I can see us going for people like Chaulker to be honest, good player in a very poorly coached team. When he was at Swansea he was one of the better CB's in the league, so one bad season at Cardiff shouldn't finish him. Has a £10m release clause apparently, not quite sure he's worth more than Lovren....but it's the price you pay for British players!

Giaccherini?

He hasn't been amazing this year but clearly has talent and works hard and has a year in England under his belt. I think he would suit us quite well. Poyet doesn't seem to rate him.

Shouldn't cost too much. Worth a bid?

Giaccherini?

He hasn't been amazing this year but clearly has talent and works hard and has a year in England under his belt. I think he would suit us quite well. Poyet doesn't seem to rate him.

Shouldn't cost too much. Worth a bid?

I was surprised Sunderland got him in the first place, but to me...he's another Italian import who hasn't adjusted to the English game, and doesn't look any nearer to doing so tbh. Decent enough player, but I can see him floating back to Italy if I'm honest.

Maybe our finances ..(and the size of transfer fees)... isn't SO important as it has been in the past for us, but it's nice to get value for money.

If we buy someone (for big money) and he doesn't deliver - isn't it the fault of the club (in the first instant) for laying out so much, and overestimating the player's ability to adapt to the Prem..?

1)..In our situation, we'd be best getting a slightly older, but experienced (international player of repute) who knows what it is to win something, and is still good enough to cut it for a season or two more.

Someone (along the lines of another Steve Davis) who can also give extra support to the up-and-coming youngsters, yet still turn in his shift.

If you were around in the McMenemy era, you'll recall that the likes of Osgood, Alan Ball and Keegan were a great source of encouragement to the our " starlets" of that generation.

2) Also getting in " rising stars " from other clubs / countries... who are still young enough to adapt to the Saints style.....without bringing their " prima-donna halo " along with them.

TBH on this point....I'm disappointed in Ramirez but not surprised at Osvaldo. But it can work and Jay Rod, Schneiderlin and Cork are examples of players who stuck at it and became part of the team.

Another old quote (going back even further) was Ted Bates' annual comment about ......" getting the right blend of youth and experience".. In that respect ...little has changed.

Edited by david in sweden

Not sure to be honest, he had a good spell at Swansea but was kind of found out in the end. Not entirely sure he's a perfect fit for our system as a starter, but as someone to bring off the bench...don't see why not, but I doubt he'd move to be on the bench! And I'm concious of filling up the team with squad players, I think anyone we sign should be automatically better than who they're replacing, and I'm not sure Dyer is.

I can see us going for people like Chaulker to be honest, good player in a very poorly coached team. When he was at Swansea he was one of the better CB's in the league, so one bad season at Cardiff shouldn't finish him. Has a £10m release clause apparently, not quite sure he's worth more than Lovren....but it's the price you pay for British players!

Dyer almost single handedly ******ed us earlier in the season when we beat the Swans.

I thought Daehli looked like one of Cardiff's better players at St Marys, has anyone seen any more of him? Looked pretty composed for a 19 year old, if he was cheap he might be a decent option. That's just based on one game though.

Redmond is young and has great potential and the sort of player we need in our attack options. Ruddy is only 27 and a pretty decent keeper. Think people need to get used to lesser transfer targets.

We know absolutely nothing about our transfer targets. Why would you assume that we're now looking at relegated second-rate players when last year we were buying Italy's number 9?

I thought Daehli looked like one of Cardiff's better players at St Marys, has anyone seen any more of him? Looked pretty composed for a 19 year old, if he was cheap he might be a decent option. That's just based on one game though.

Watched him in other games - when he bulks up a bit, will be a fantastic player, a touch of Lallana about him.

For people watching mostly our games I´d expect some shout for Redmond since he had one good game against us...

But if you´ve watched him more you realise he´s not very consistent at all yet....

His young playing in a pretty poor team he'd do much better here he had some decent appearances in the Europa league for Birmingham couple of seasons back....... plus you think Jack Cork is s hit which kind ****s up your opinion on players anyway

We know absolutely nothing about our transfer targets. Why would you assume that we're now looking at relegated second-rate players when last year we were buying Italy's number 9?

Opinion not assumption. Would love to be proved wrong. Signing Italy's number 9 and Uruguay's number 10 didn't work wonders either.

Harry Maguire or Dan Burn would be good young CB acquisitions. There's a lot of young talent in the lower leagues as Hughes showed tonight. If we can't achieve big signings this summer for whatever reason, I'd like to see us invest in the future, even if the future hasnt come entirely from our academy.

Redmond is young and has great potential and the sort of player we need in our attack options. Ruddy is only 27 and a pretty decent keeper. Think people need to get used to lesser transfer targets.

I meant to quote this in the post before.

This us pretty much my mindset too, we may have to get used to lowering our expectations when transfers are concerned. I wonder if we'll utilise the Bosmans or even the loan window next season...

His young playing in a pretty poor team he'd do much better here he had some decent appearances in the Europa league for Birmingham couple of seasons back....... plus you think Jack Cork is s hit which kind ****s up your opinion on players anyway

Valuing Cork to £7-8m is the same as thinking he´s s*it?

Ok if you say so, what´s your value of him then....£15m?

Thought I read somewhere we were keeping track of Hiroshi Kiyotake. I think he is a similar player to Adam. Might be wrong though, that might have been last season.

Were definitely linked last season. Not sure about this season.