New Shirt Sponsor - Any News / Rumours

GazzerMaBoy

Taking into account the club's renewed push for commercial revenue... and the "apparent" shockingly poor deal we currently have with aap3...

Has anyone heard any news or got the inside track on who our new shirt sponsor might be for next season...?

I'm not sure it's "apparent" - more of a fact. Aap3 is the joint-lowest shirt sponsor's deal in the Prem. Barely £1m pa.

Anyone at the club trying to do a deal that's better than that is going to be aiming at the easiest target of all.

I'm not sure it's "apparent" - more of a fact. Aap3 is the joint-lowest shirt sponsor's deal in the Prem. Barely £1m pa.

Anyone at the club trying to do a deal that's better than that is going to be aiming at the easiest target of all.

I thought it was £1m over 3 years

Could be anything - sponsorship, new kit, new contract for Pochettino, new range of pies at St Marys...

A new contract for Pochettino would tie in wonderfully just before the start of season ticket sales. I guess it won't be that though!

Source was someone close to Sunseeker who had been at St Mary's this week... Genuine chap, but he's never told me anything before, so can't tell you how reliable he is... Hence asking if anyone else had heard anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunseeker would be an odd choice for a main shirt sponsor. I mean, it's rather a niche market isn't it. Still if it's the best commercial deal, why not?

Running an advert up close and personal to 11 plus people every week who have the disposable income to invest in such Grandeur, I am pretty sure Bentley have enjoyed the money made from their cars almost becoming the Company car of choice for many footballers like the Mondeo is to salesmen.

And having them rather than an obscure gambling house also keeps the club squeeky clean by not encouraging debt.

IMO no chance it will be Sunseeker, completely the wrong target market for them and in my dealings with them they suffer from assumptions they are a far bigger business than they actually are (thanks mainly to a canny tie in with the Bond franchise). Their marketing budget is not particularly big, they do it all in house too (well they used to, managed by the then owner's daughter). Not sure of their situation now Rob B has fully sold up to the Chinese however, but I'd seriously doubt they would be a main headline sponsor for a Premier League football team.

My guess would be Nestle, UBS or Credit Suisse. All large, Swiss businesses with well known, volume consumer products and all companies name checked by Ralph Kruger when mentioning businesses he has close ties with in his interview last week.

• 3 weeks later...

A Saints fan on Twitter says it is going to be announced tomorrow. See tweets:

gangleman: Got a feeling the new shirt sponsor will be announced tomorrow. #hearditherefirst #saintsfc

gangleman: It's not sunseeker #saintsfc

gangleman: @Ekelund24 new shirt sponsor will be announced tomorrow

gangleman: @Ekelund24 you'll have heard of them yes

gangleman: @Ekelund24 well it's not Samsung but think similar and along the same lines

gangleman: Got a feeling the new shirt sponsor will be announced tomorrow. #hearditherefirst #saintsfc

gangleman: @Ekelund24 well it's not Samsung but think similar and along the same lines

My guess is Vodafone going by above tweets. Similar sort of thing to Samsung and also red and white! Pure guess on my part.

Along the same lines as Samsung?

I reckon LG.

Veho?

Huawei?