Frustrating press rumours

Saint-Beer

Every thing you read is about a saints player on a verge of leaving.

This latest article follows on post about Alex crooks twitter remarks.

I for one is concerned that we will lose Lallana which would be terrible. If Morgan and Jay where to follow it would, well be unthinkable.

So saints have any hope of keeping these players? Obviously if poch does extend his contract this would certainly help, but if the likes of Lallana are now getting called up to the national squad and speaking to players about champions league, is it invertible they will move ?

A few big signings for us would no doubt help.

Not meant to be a negative post, but there is a huge amount of press coverage over our players.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2036310-manchester-united-transfer-news-adam-lallana-sell-on-clause-complicates-deal

I for one is concerned that we will lose Lallana which would be terrible. If Morgan and Jay where to follow it would, well be unthinkable.

So saints have any hope of keeping these players? Obviously if poch does extend his contract this would certainly help, but if the likes of Lallana are now getting called up to the national squad and speaking to players about champions league, is it invertible they will move ?

Not meant to be a negative post, but there is a huge amount of press coverage over our players.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2036310-manchester-united-transfer-news-adam-lallana-sell-on-clause-complicates-deal

There is a fair bit of press coverage for our players because they're excellent players playing for a modest team with no great prospects of any substantial further progress in the near future.

Can't believe anyone takes this sort of stuff seriously. To be saying today that the Boscombe sell-on clause has "just come to light" is completely laughable. I thought these people read this Forum, it was on here weeks, maybe months ago. Do these so-called journos have no intelligence at all? (rhetorical question). There is press coberage because our players are good, I doubt any of the stars will leave this summer, if they do then c'est la vie, life will go on. If you are worried about what you read in the press, then try this little trick, don't read it (admittedly its hard because a few on here will ensure that every press rumour is added). If Manure were to sign every player they have been linked with this summer they will have about a hundred players in their first team squad. Why would anyone go to Manure this season when they are not even going to be in Europe or at best in the Europa Mickey Mouse League.

I was reading Adam Blackmore's twitter the other day and it seemed like he was suggesting a certain ex-board member was using his friends and allies to plant stories in the press in an effort to destabilize the board

http://tmi.me/1e95sQ

@gregvul @Zoggers87 @MarkReeves999 @SaintsWeb for info, there's been a concerted effort to destabilise board at #saintsfc with the Lallana/Shaw to United story - it may turn out true but source has been peddling it to media for weeks - some of us ignore stuff we can't prove/source

@bigadamsport @Zoggers87 @MarkReeves999 @SaintsWeb can you say who is behind this or where the suspicion lies?

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport Apr 15

@gregvul @Zoggers87 @MarkReeves999 @SaintsWeb Who would be keen to see new board struggle after financial figures came out ? ......

@bigadamsport @MarkReeves999 @gregvul Vultures at other clubs. But fact is there will be interest in best ... http://tmi.me/1e95xa

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport Apr 15

@Zoggers87 @MarkReeves999 @gregvul no, you've missed my subtle hint - maybe ex-board people may have an axe to grind !!

@bigadamsport @MarkReeves999 @gregvul surely he has better thinvs to do than link players to other clubs. Reckon he would sink so low?

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport

@Zoggers87 @MarkReeves999 @gregvul phone calls from people close to him aren't a coincidence - doesn't surprise me at all

Of course Blackmore may be creeping into conspiracy theorist territory, but let us not forget the desperate attempt that was made by some to convince us that Cortese only left because KL wanted a quick sale of the club.

The daily newspaper journalists don't know that football exists outside the Premierhip or they assume readers aren't interested in anything else so they have just 20 teams to write about. The big four, five or six are signing everyone in sight, the rest of the Premiership are just preparing players for them to buy, even Everton are included in that bracket. So basically every week one of the tabloids will write about Saints, especially as we have in their minds over achieved this season.

It just gets tiring and boring after a while but if we want to play in this league thats what we have to get used to. Back in League One nobody remembered we existed.

Most of it is the same wild guess work and fantasy you can read on this forum day in and day out. Ignore what the Chairman has said about nobody being for sale cos it doesnt fit the agenda some have does it ?

The press want us to sell our best players..... We are REFUSING..... The current board have not shown the STRONG leadership we used to have...... Other Clubs see that as weakness and are trying to exploit the vacuum by "leaking stories to the press"........ I expect LOTS more negative stories until Ralph sits down with Pochettino and gets him to signs a contract...... the players who rate Pochettino very highly will then agree to stay............... Over to you Ralph.

The press want us to sell our best players..... We are REFUSING..... The current board have not shown the STRONG leadership we used to have...... Other Clubs see that as weakness and are trying to exploit the vacuum by "leaking stories to the press"........ I expect LOTS more negative stories until Ralph sits down with Pochettino and gets him to signs a contract...... the players who rate Pochettino very highly will then agree to stay............... Over to you Ralph.

Do you mean the bit where Ralph said that no player that MP wants to keep will be sold, or the bit where he said it was his priority to get MP signed on

I was reading Adam Blackmore's twitter the other day and it seemed like he was suggesting a certain ex-board member was using his friends and allies to plant stories in the press in an effort to destabilize the board

Of course Blackmore may be creeping into conspiracy theorist territory, but let us not forget the desperate attempt that was made by some to convince us that Cortese only left because KL wanted a quick sale of the club.

F****g hell, that is a bit of a revelation! Surprised it's passed the forum by so far. Does NC want to destabilise the club so he can get himself back in there at some point.

Can't believe anyone takes this sort of stuff seriously. To be saying today that the Boscombe sell-on clause has "just come to light" is completely laughable. I thought these people read this Forum, it was on here weeks, maybe months ago. Do these so-called journos have no intelligence at all? (rhetorical question). There is press coberage because our players are good, I doubt any of the stars will leave this summer, if they do then c'est la vie, life will go on. If you are worried about what you read in the press, then try this little trick, don't read it (admittedly its hard because a few on here will ensure that every press rumour is added). If Manure were to sign every player they have been linked with this summer they will have about a hundred players in their first team squad. Why would anyone go to Manure this season when they are not even going to be in Europe or at best in the Europa Mickey Mouse League.

Years... I've known about it since Lallana was being touted to Fulham in League 1 and it was reported then. The B-mouth fans have known about it since they sold Ad to us and I'm fairly sure some of our lads have known about it just as long. The fact that it's being "discovered" by the press this last week is frankly shocking.

The press want us to sell our best players.....

Believe me, they don't. The vast majority of football journalists I've met like us and want us to do well.

F****g hell, that is a bit of a revelation! Surprised it's passed the forum by so far. Does NC want to destabilise the club so he can get himself back in there at some point.

Mmm, something funny going on there.

Edited by DuncanRG

...or maybe most people here give stuff off twitter the credibility it deserves.

...or maybe most people here give stuff off twitter the credibility it deserves.
If I've read that correctly, it comes from a well respected BBC journalist that is close to the club? Why would he make that up? He'd be in danger of losing his job if it was complete b***ks.

Years... I've known about it since Lallana was being touted to Fulham in League 1 and it was reported then. The B-mouth fans have known about it since they sold Ad to us and I'm fairly sure some of our lads have known about it just as long. The fact that it's being "discovered" by the press this last week is frankly shocking.

I remember putting up a copy of the agreement between BFC and SFC on this very forum about a year ago.

I saw the tweets when Blackmore posted them a week or so ago.... Thought about starting a thread on here about it.... Then thought, nah, can't be arsed. Would have been a waste of time and effort given the WUMs on here.

Hey ho

I saw the tweets when Blackmore posted them a week or so ago.... Thought about starting a thread on here about it.... Then thought, nah, can't be arsed. Would have been a waste of time and effort given the WUMs on here.

Hey ho

A sad day indeed when you can no longer copy and paste tweets onto the forum.

• 2 weeks later...

He didn't leave, he was removed.

Imagine for instance, that someone told an owner that they should never come over as the fans hated you and would spit in your face.... If the owner did come over what would you tell your staff?? Would you tell them not to bother trying to speak to the owner as they couldn't speak a word of English?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imagine for instance, that someone told an owner that they should never come over as the fans hated you and would spit in your face.... If the owner did come over what would you tell your staff?? Would you tell them not to bother trying to speak to the owner as they couldn't speak a word of English?

eh?

That makes complete sense....

Of course those rumours are true. It has been discussed ad nauseum on here that NC was trying to sell the club and it was not just for altruistic reasons, he wanted to pocket a bucket of wonga.

The family did not want to sell, some sh1t went down (discussed ad nauseum) and NC was asked to be resigned - this does not mean any potential buyer will have given up.

Of COURSE NC's contacts want to destabilise the club/board. They still see a business opportunity and want to get let's call it a Hostile Takeover underway.

Personally if I was NC I would be livid that the Annual figures came out as that shows "me" up in a very bad light and reduces my chances of becoming Chairman of Juve or AC Milan or whatever HIS dream is next

Of course those rumours are true. It has been discussed ad nauseum on here that NC was trying to sell the club and it was not just for altruistic reasons, he wanted to pocket a bucket of wonga.

The family did not want to sell, some sh1t went down (discussed ad nauseum) and NC was asked to be resigned - this does not mean any potential buyer will have given up.

Of COURSE NC's contacts want to destabilise the club/board. They still see a business opportunity and want to get let's call it a Hostile Takeover underway.

Personally if I was NC I would be livid that the Annual figures came out as that shows "me" up in a very bad light and reduces my chances of becoming Chairman of Juve or AC Milan or whatever HIS dream is next

is it even possible to conduct a hostile takeover of a privately owned company?

The press rumours only have any value if you take them seriously. As they're usually wrong it's best just to ignore them and wait to see what comes to pass.

is it even possible to conduct a hostile takeover of a privately owned company?

Frankly, no.

Cortese is not coming back and he certainly isn't planning to buy us.

It's jolly sweet that assorted poor saps on this forum genuinely think that Italian has any affection for Southampton. Maybe he fell in love with West Quay?

He was at Saints to merrily spend his dead friend's cash with abandon, and to plump up his own bank account to boot. He walked when he realised they were on to him.

He is using his chums in the media to snipe and unsettled his "beloved" Saints because he hates the idea that his carefully crafted media reputation was being damaged, putting his next payday at his next club at risk.

He ain't ever coming back.

Frankly, no.

It's jolly sweet that assorted poor saps on this forum genuinely think that Italian has any affection for Southampton. Maybe he fell in love with West Quay?

He was at Saints to merrily spend his dead friend's cash with abandon, and to plump up his own bank account to boot. He walked when he realised they were on to him.

He is using his chums in the media to snipe and unsettled his "beloved" Saints because he hates the idea that his carefully crafted media reputation was being damaged, putting his next payday at his next club at risk.

Agreed.

Frankly, no.

He has no love for anything other than himself (IMHO from having dealt with so many people like him in so many countries over many years). His ambition was the club's ambition obviously, the better the club got the more it (and he) was worth. He won't have an intention of coming back. It's just a business opportunity now. From my experience people like that may have earnt 2mil a year but they will feel they left anything from 5 or 20 mil lump sum behind when they left.

Again IMHO as an example Rupert & Andrew Cowen would feel differently, IMHO they would feel they had unfinished business here having at least laid some of the foundations for our current success, which is fair enough (and will never happen of course). Vindication is a different motivation from "extreme wealth"

He (possibly) had someone lined up to pay 100, 150, 200, 250mil or whatever to buy us and he would have had a (perfectly legal & legitimate) deal inside that.

And of course you can do a hostile takeover of a private company. You just have to make the owners want to sell. In the old days a Horse's head would have worked, these days there are perfectly "not illegal" ways to do that.

He has no love for anything other than himself (IMHO from having dealt with so many people like him in so many countries over many years). His ambition was the club's ambition obviously, the better the club got the more it (and he) was worth. He won't have an intention of coming back. It's just a business opportunity now. From my experience people like that may have earnt 2mil a year but they will feel they left anything from 5 or 20 mil lump sum behind when they left.

Again IMHO as an example Rupert & Andrew Cowen would feel differently, IMHO they would feel they had unfinished business here having at least laid some of the foundations for our current success, which is fair enough (and will never happen of course). Vindication is a different motivation from "extreme wealth"

He (possibly) had someone lined up to pay 100, 150, 200, 250mil or whatever to buy us and he would have had a (perfectly legal & legitimate) deal inside that.

And of course you can do a hostile takeover of a private company. You just have to make the owners want to sell. In the old days a Horse's head would have worked, these days there are perfectly "not illegal" ways to do that.

Whatever. There will be no hostile takeover of Saints by Cortese. Not going to happen.