Another Libertines Reunion?

KelvinsRightGlove

So, looks like The Libertines are getting back together again.

Pete seemed to let slip a few days ago, now this has just been posted to the British Summer Time (Series of gigs in Hyde Park) Facebook Page

11gt1df.png

I know I've been critical of Pete (& Carl) before, but I'm pretty torn on this.

I do love The Libs, but, I can't help feel this is a bit of a cash grab. It's been a while, and they both probably need some drug money. If Pete has stooped to selling discarded fags butts, it's hard to see this being anything else.

The last reunion was good, but I just worry that this one may not be so great. Hyde Park isn't exactly the greatest venue ever as it is.

I saw them at Reading in '10, but there wouldn't be as much of a novelty factor this time around if they were to get back together again.

Hasn't Carl just started a new band as well though?

The Jackals or something like that? Recruited through social media.

I just despair at what they have become.

I've got tickets for this. Sadly, I never got to see The Libertines live before they split; but have seen Pete and Carl individually, many times, on various tours as Babyshambles, a Dirty Pretty Things, solo etc.

As great as their separate stuff is, there is no denying that the crowds go most mental whenever they play older The Libertines songs.

The AXS ticketing website collapsed at 9am last Monday when the pre-sale tickets went on sale, and it took me over an hour to be able to finally complete a purchase.

I would have paid the £55 (plus fees!) price just to see The Libertines; the fact that The Pogues, The Enemy, Maximo Park, Reverend And The Makers, I Am Kloot, The View, Swim Deep, Wolf Alice, Spiritualized, Darlia, The Rifles, Cuckoolander, Brown Bear, Raglans and The Twang are all playing that day makes it a bargain.

I've got tickets for this. Sadly, I never got to see The Libertines live before they split; but have seen Pete and Carl individually, many times, on various tours as Babyshambles, a Dirty Pretty Things, solo etc.

As great as their separate stuff is, there is no denying that the crowds go most mental whenever they play older The Libertines songs.

The AXS ticketing website collapsed at 9am last Monday when the pre-sale tickets went on sale, and it took me over an hour to be able to finally complete a purchase.

I would have paid the £55 (plus fees!) price just to see The Libertines; the fact that The Pogues, The Enemy, Maximo Park, Reverend And The Makers, I Am Kloot, The View, Swim Deep, Wolf Alice, Spiritualized, Darlia, The Rifles, Cuckoolander, Brown Bear, Raglans and The Twang are all playing that day makes it a bargain.

Yeah, despite my initial misgivings, I was very easily swayed by a mate.

I'll be there - not a huge fan of most of the line up. I like The Rifles, Swim Deep & Wolf Alice. The rest are pretty meh, and The Twang are one of the worst bands I have ever seen live (Sorry tokes - they were really bad).

Oh well, hope for a nice day, plenty of beer and getting lairy in the park.

I can't help feel this is a bit of a cash grab. It's been a while, and they both probably need some drug money. If Pete has stooped to selling discarded fags butts, it's hard to see this being anything else.

I've seen Pete twice this year, once with Babyshambles another solo at a pub in Brixton. Both times it was announced that Pete had decided to donate proceeds from the night to a local homeless charity. I don't know if he only does this in Brixton or all over but hardly surprising he needs money. Neither time in the last 12 months did he look like he was on any drugs at all. In Brixton Jamm he played for 3 hours and talked a lot. Someone told him to stay of the crack and he replied "I don't do anything like that anymore."

I've seen Pete twice this year, once with Babyshambles another solo at a pub in Brixton. Both times it was announced that Pete had decided to donate proceeds from the night to a local homeless charity. I don't know if he only does this in Brixton or all over but hardly surprising he needs money. Neither time in the last 12 months did he look like he was on any drugs at all. In Brixton Jamm he played for 3 hours and talked a lot. Someone told him to stay of the crack and he replied "I don't do anything like that anymore."

Fair enough. That's very encouraging if true.

I'm sure I've said to you before, I've just tired of trying to stick up for him. I used to, and it just got pointless.

He's certainly doing alright out of this one, according to Pete, he & Carl are going to pocket £500k each!

It will give them a chance to apologise for that poor performance back in 2009 as well. That's the least you deserve.

It's was before that I think. More like 2007, maybe.

It was not long after Wide Awake? When was that?

Haha they need not apologise. They looked like they had been having fun.