Chelsea openly admit to playing a weakened team on sunday

Batman

how is this allowed?

didnt wolves get fined for this?

I know that chelsea's weakened side is still worth millions of £££££ (if they even go through with it)

but how come other sides get fined for this...or at least slated in the press for doing so. I suspect man city will be slightly annoyed at these comments, if they are followed through

how is this allowed?

didnt wolves get fined for this?

I know that chelsea's weakened side is still worth millions of £££££ (if they even go through with it)

but how come other sides get fined for this...or at least slated in the press for doing so. I suspect man city will be slightly annoyed at these comments, if they are followed through

They have a 25 man group, they can use it however they want really, it's when you start bringing in players from the U21s who've never played before that you'll as likely as not be in trouble. It's just José intox anyway. It's like us starting McQueen and Rowe on Saturday, if we did that we'd as likely as not be in line for a bit of an investigation what with Everton and the Arse battling it out for a CL place, whereas if we played Guly and Jos it would be OK.

They have a 25 man group, they can use it however they want really, it's when you start bringing in players from the U21s who've never played before that you'll as likely as not be in trouble. It's just José intox anyway. It's like us starting McQueen and Rowe on Saturday, if we did that we'd as likely as not be in line for a bit of an investigation what with Everton and the Arse battling it out for a CL place, whereas if we played Guly and Jos it would be OK.

INsanity! So much for not encouraging home grown youth in this country... :-)

I may be wrong, but I get the impression Mourinho wants to lose to Liverpool. Not because he likes them or want to see them win, but more to play a weakened team, make out it doesn't count because he wasn't trying, get all the excuses in ahead of the game and most of all, be right about what he's been saying all season - that chelsea aren't ready to win the league.

Problem is, they were ready, but he's failed. I think he's been a brilliant manager, but too often he distances himself from any responsibility when things fail. He sent Lukaku away, signed Eto'o.

Still, hope it's all nonsense and Chelsea turn up and win. Nothing I hate more than seeing Liverpool win it. Chelsea and Man City are evils that have already happened, seeing them win it doesn't depress me anymore. But Liverpool winning it might mean turning off the TV for a few years.

try 20 years. It will be hell

:(

Great, what the fck am I going to do until I'm 53?

there was a good rant about liverpool in one of the papers

there are something like 44 ex players as pundits/commentators/writers in the UK media. 44!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the way they play but it will be unbearable for years to come

there was a good rant about liverpool in one of the papers

there are something like 44 ex players as pundits/commentators/writers in the UK media. 44!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the way they play but it will be unbearable for years to come

Only 44? I thought it was a lot more :) god help us if they win it, all along I've been assuming that one of the others would overhaul them.

Liverpool: supported by glory hunting fans all over the country who have also been able to smugly pretend they aren't glory hunters because their team hasn't bothered to win much.

It's a heady cocktail that produces utter **** "fans". You are still glory hunters. You live in Bristol and support Liverpool. Seriously, eff off.

Despite the fact I like the way they play, and the fact that an ex Reading/Watford boss might beat the other rent - a - foreigner managers, I still cannot bring myself to want them to win it.

I know a lot of Liverpool fans and would love it, if they won the league, as I would be really happy for them. Yes even some of them are from Liverpool! Yes they are a huge club so have supports all over the country/world, that how it goes.

Gerrard is and has been one of the best English midfielders since I can remember and I would love to see him lift the trophy, before heading off to Brazil to come down to earth with a bump!

The genius will get no silverware this season.
yep, he did lose his nerve early in the 2nd half by bringing Eto on. very surprising indeed. I thought like Gary Neville said to keep it tight and then go for it in the last 15, not open the play up and let them hit Chelsea on the counter/dominate

Maybe (the PL title isnt over yet), but he has serious bragging rights - Chelsea done the double over Liverpool and City.

Nobody at Chelsea will be happy with that, not really. They bottled the title this year, not Liverpool. I think the defeats against Sunderland, Villa and Palace will stay with them far longer than the victories at Anfield and the Etihad