Is Jeremy Clarkson finished?

pap

I thought the clip above was offensive not because the n word was used ( when it's okay for a white person to use the n word clip). But I think he was stereo typing black people as being muggers and violent criminals

He's not helping multiculturalism especially as his show was in Jo berg to what looked very much like a black African audience .

I hope and expect that Jeremy Clarkson will not be sacked, because that would be an over-reaction.

If everybody who might have said one word that many find offensive were to be sacked, we would all be out of a job.

This kind of witch hunt does nobody any good.

It's the latest in a long line of offensive, racist, homophobic or misogynistic epithets and comments Jeremy Clarkson has spouted whilst filming.

I should also point out that you can't perform a witch-hunt on an individual.

It's the latest in a long line of offensive, racist, homophobic or misogynistic epithets and comments Jeremy Clarkson has spouted whilst filming.

Not even if he weighs the same as a duck?

You can't really believe that Jeremy Clarkson is the only person to have got into trouble with the thought police for saying something "offensive, racist, homophobic or misogynistic "?

1) People cannot seem to tell the difference between a pejorative comment, a flippant one and a rude one and therefore label everything as racist.

2) I was also taught when growing up, "sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me".

3) These people who are continually outraged and accuse everything and anything as racist, need to get out more.

4) Racism is a white man's disease, and only white people can be racist - apparently! Being coy about things and calling it the "N word" is utterly pathetic. We had people saying the "Y word" when talking about Spurs chanting about being Yids.

Only ever see him on Top Gear

Cant stand the Pillock says a lot that you all are defending him a total *****

Just my opinion

But it's a daft opinion.

Go back to the video evidence that is the cause of this (bogus) outrage and pay careful attention to the audio. You will notice that he mumbles, he makes a 'n' sound, but at no stage does Clarkson actually employ the racist term in question. Indeed, realising his mistake, Clarkson by all accounts went out of his way to ensure that this was not broadcast anyway. Therefore on the evidence, he behaved foolishly (behaving foolishly has of course been central to his success) but he cannot possibly be guilty of an real offence as I understand the term.

Now he may well have been thinking about THAT racist word. He may even have caused offence by making others THINK about that word. However my view is that it's probably better that what George Orwell once called 'thoughtcrimes' should remain offences that exist only in fiction, rather than actually being enshrined into the common law.

PS, Top Gear has clearly become a huge commercial success for the BBC and this programme boasts a worldwide audience that I dare say is measured in the hundreds of millions. However, a space alien reading this thread could me forgiven for thinking that well nigh everyone despises him. This odd situation reminds me somewhat of Maggie Thatcher - the records show that she won three General Elections, but nowadays no one admits to ever voting for her!

But it's a daft opinion.

Go back to the video evidence that is the cause of this (bogus) outrage and pay careful attention to the audio. You will notice that he mumbles, he makes a 'n' sound, but at no stage does Clarkson actually employ the racist term in question. Indeed, realising his mistake, Clarkson by all accounts went out of his way to ensure that this was not broadcast anyway. Therefore on the evidence, he behaved foolishly (behaving foolishly has of course been central to his success) but he cannot possibly be guilty of an real offence as I understand the term.

Now he may well have been thinking about THAT racist word. He may even have caused offence by making others THINK about that word. However my view is that it's probably better that what George Orwell once called 'thoughtcrimes' should remain offences that exist only in fiction, rather than actually being enshrined into the common law.

PS, Top Gear has clearly become a huge commercial success for the BBC and this programme boasts a worldwide audience that I dare say is measured in the hundreds of millions. However, a space alien reading this thread could me forgiven for thinking that well nigh everyone despises him. This odd situation reminds me somewhat of Maggie Thatcher - the records show that she won three General Elections, but nowadays no one admits to ever voting for her!

Happily left the UK before the ***** became PM Ding Dong ............

Yup - much better under Wilson and Callaghan!!! Strewth, some people have short/selective memories.

We do. I was just about to post a derogatory comment about the 3-day week and petrol coupons. Just as well I checked first.

Perhaps because people who are not racists are being branded as racists on the flimsiest of evidence, and their jobs are being threatened for no good reason.

Perhaps because some people want to silence anybody who sees things differently from them.

• 2 months later...
Ofcom has ruled that Clarkson deliberately used a pejorative term to describe an East Asian man.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/jul/28/top-gear-jeremy-clarkson-racial-term-ofcom-bbc

"Ofcom concluded that the word was capable of causing offence" They received two complaints. Calling me "a honkey" is capable of causing offence...but it wouldn't. I get more offended by being called "Dude"

• 1 month later...
Sep 21 - Clarkson ordered not to cause diplomatic row while filming in Argentina.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jeremy-clarkson-ordered-not-cause-4301141

Oct 02 - Clarkson slammed for using car with apparent reference to Falklands in Argentina

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jeremy-clarkson-slammed-again---4363560

who cares what argentina think?

they do not miss a trick to do this on a large scale

Sep 21 - Clarkson ordered not to cause diplomatic row while filming in Argentina.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jeremy-clarkson-ordered-not-cause-4301141

Oct 02 - Clarkson slammed for using car with apparent reference to Falklands in Argentina

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jeremy-clarkson-slammed-again---4363560

What's ur angle, pap? Have u got beef with clarkson, or beef with tabloid agenda against clarkson, or beef with argentinian beef or what?

I wouldn't even know he was still on air if you didn't keep posting links bout him.

What's ur angle, pap? Have u got beef with clarkson, or beef with tabloid agenda against clarkson, or beef with argentinian beef or what?

I wouldn't even know he was still on air if you didn't keep posting links bout him.

It's a fair question, Bear. I started the thread after all.

I am currently in the process of consuming a burger, so hopefully the beef will be loud and clear.

I dislike the way Jeremy Clarkson deliberately courts controversy for publicity, and therefore the unending adulation of a social group that transcends all class boundaries. Thick Little Englanders and Conservatives. Look at those Top Gear audiences. If a meteor landed during filming the Young Conservatives would be finished. I also dislike idiots that fall for the ordinary bloke persona he likes to put on. Ooh, look at Jeremy. It looks like he's about to fúck that car. What an ordinary bloke! Ooh, there's Jeremy provocatively trying not to say "n**ger" while saying a nursery rhyme he doesn't have to say. Ah, good old Jezza - trivialising the murder of women (dirty women mind!) and tarring an entire profession. Salt of the earth.

Clarkson isn't an ordinary bloke. He's extraordinarily talented at creating publicity by doing or setting out stuff he shouldn't. He pretends to be a relic of a bygone age that doesn't understand political correctness (pah, whatever that is), but has a canny habit of pushing exactly the right buttons just softly enough so he gets the publicity but is not immediately shít-canned.

In some ways, you've got to have a bit of respect. Huge renumeration, gets to fly around the world and plays his fans like a cheap fiddle. But both he and his fans are fúckmuppets. That is my beef.

Schadenfreude is the new happiness.

It's just funny. You get the impression some people tune into his shows specifically to get offended by something he might say.

His courting of controversy only exists because of saddos like this. Nothing he says is ever that bad.

It's just funny. You get the impression some people tune into his shows specifically to get offended by something he might say.

His courting of controversy only exists because of saddos like this. Nothing he says is ever that bad.

Saddos? Hmmm I'm a massive fan of runny faeces.

Why? Well because it annoys so many people.

Yes great logic this.

Don't like the bloke. Tries too hard to be a geezer.

Not sure if he is racist or not, am sure that he's a complete c*nt.

This. Hammond too. I only have time for James May, but even he comes across as a twat on occasion, I think Jeremy's overbearing twatishness has rubbed off on him over the years.

As I licence payer I love Clarkson. Makes the BBC an absolute fortune in syndication revenue, many times more than his salary!

I've met him a few times and he's a good laugh, really liked the bloke and he clearly hams it up just to annoy people that want to be annoyed. In the current PC obsessed world I find his approach refreshing, if you don't like it, think Top Gear was better years ago no problem, don't watch it. Fact is millions of people do enjoy it (or enjoy getting offended by it) and watch it for a bit of escapism.

Oh, as for the sort of people that watch Top Gear... A colleague of mine when working at the Sunday Times was the Deputy Editor of the Magazine section for a few years before moving over to another section, in that role he flew over and interviewed the Delai Lama, half way through the interview the Delia Lama cut it short and informed Nick, incredibly politely, that he'd have to delay the rest of the interview as Top Gear was about to start and he never misses an episode via a satellite he has set up. Sue enough he watched the entire episode, laughing along with the show, then got back to the interview. One of the most surreal moments of his career! But hey, all Top Gear fans are young Tories and little Englanders aren't they? Ironically that's the sort of sweeping statement people lambast JC for.

PAp you certainly do have a problem with clarkson.

is it becuase he has a different political ideology to yours by any chance?

Also read the Mirror story more closely

Clarkson didnt buy the car etc etc and it has been used since 1991 with those number plates

The Mirror can confirm that Top Gear bought the Porsche in August 2014. The car's numberplate is the original one which has been used on the car since 1991.

Also Pap are you on the campaign group that considers Tom and Jerry as being racist by any chance

Amazon has put a racism disclaimer on its series of “Tom and Jerry” cartoons. Critics say this is “empty-headed” and “PC madness.”