Reasons for Adam Lallana not to go to Liverpool

SaintPete

This is nothing new though is it. Everton have lost Rodwell, artera, Fellani, Rooney and lescott to bigger in recent seasons. When villa had 4 years of finishing 6th Barry, Milner, downing and young were on the first Bentley to Manchester and Liverpool when they came calling. That's soccerball.

I remember being absolutely disgusted when one of the money bags Premier league teams greedily snatched away Burnley ' s best player a couple of seasons back. I mean what is the point of clubs developing young talent when they are powerless against the Premier league bully boys? IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY!

I remember being absolutely disgusted when one of the money bags Premier league teams greedily snatched away Burnley ' s best player a couple of seasons back. I mean what is the point of clubs developing young talent when they are powerless against the Premier league bully boys? IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY!

Is that the same club that disgusting stole one of the countries most promising right backs and paid around £2m for him, a fraction of his true value, from the club that developed him? They make me sick.

We were always going to lose players, I expected to sell Shaw. I was rather hoping that his 25million plus the premier league windfall would mean we could keep our other stars though, this seems like a fire-sale.

As far as I can remember he was diagnosed with MS in 1996/97 over three years after he left united. He had one season as first choice there directly after leaving Saints 89-90 before being dropped and replaced by Lee Sharpe, who was about 20. Remember it well as I loved him for Saints (along with Williams), and was gutted to see how his career developed after leaving the Dell...

Read the book first before you make comments.

Read the book first before you make comments.

You're right. IIRC he started to get symptoms at Man united, when he went I birminghham was when it started to really effect him and forced him to retire. 8 always lived him and followed his career as he used to live round the corner from where I grew up so saw him quite a bit. He came to our school a couple of times as well, one of them not long after the 1984 semi final where I asked him how he felt after the game and he said he was very, very upset. He also signed an autograph on a chip wrapper in mikes chippy at the castle when he was in there after a game once.

Losing all our best players, "difficult financial situation", reports of deals being done ages ago, I'm very sorry for thinking this might be construed as a fire sale.

"We have had no offers for players, deals are not about to be concluded for any of our players, and we want to keep all of our best players here at the club and build on that for the future.

"Our fans deserve to understand there is not going to be a fire sale here and we have repeatedly said that."

~Les Reed

"We have had no offers for players, deals are not about to be concluded for any of our players, and we want to keep all of our best players here at the club and build on that for the future.

"Our fans deserve to understand there is not going to be a fire sale here and we have repeatedly said that."

~Les Reed

Thank you voice of reason, please tell the media this for me as they are not doing wonders for my mood? :lol:

• 6 months later...
I wonder what his value would be now, if he was to be sold.

Certainly not £25m or above. Doubtful it would be over £20m. £15m? I know Ross McCormack was £11m and Long was £12m, so maybe £17/18m

Did we manage to insert a sell-on clause into the sale contracts of those players?

So in summary the reasons he shouldn't go are if he stays he'll be popular in Southampton and England international, £25m rated, team of the year player isn't good enough to get into a team many say without Suarez are average and have no chance of winning anything.

omg this guy got it spot on!

So in summary the reasons he shouldn't go are if he stays he'll be popular in Southampton and England international, £25m rated, team of the year player isn't good enough to get into a team many say without Suarez are average and have no chance of winning anything.

Good summary very accurate......Turkish the saintsweb Nostradamus ;)