3 players in European Top 50 List

JxgrSaint

...and the Saints are happily letting Fonte's contract wind down to zero......absolutely nuts!

Shhhhhhhhh

I can see the Headlines "Liverpool/Man U/Arsenal/Spurs preparing a cut price bid for Fonte who in nearing the end of his contract"

Wow. That sort of puts paid to the widely accepted view that Fonte is not 'Premier League standard' (whatever that is) and needs to be replaced in the summer. It just goes to show the importance of evaluating players as part of a team, rather than as individuals. We have arguably the best centre back partnership in the league.

Wow. That sort of puts paid to the widely accepted view that Fonte is not 'Premier League standard' (whatever that is) and needs to be replaced in the summer. It just goes to show the importance of evaluating players as part of a team, rather than as individuals. We have arguably the best centre back partnership in the league.

We really don't.

Everyone agrees on Fonte's quality now as well, I think.

All this does is to add to the madness of what maybe happening at the club right now.

All the signs are that we are on the cusp of doing something special and somebody needs to open there eyes, man up and sort things out once and for all. Once this chance has gone who knows if it will ever arise again.

We really don't.

Everyone agrees on Fonte's quality now as well, I think.

Who has an unquestionably better partnership? Not two better players, but two players who play more effectively together?

All this does is to add to the madness of what maybe happening at the club right now.

All the signs are that we are on the cusp of doing something special and somebody needs to open there eyes, man up and sort things out once and for all. Once this chance has gone who knows if it will ever arise again.

I don't think anyone is blind least of all the board. I think we have alot of smart people who will make the rights decisions for Southampton FC.

Who has an unquestionably better partnership? Not two better players, but two players who play more effectively together?

Chelsea - Terry & Cahill, Arsenal - Koscielny & Mertersacker, Man City - Kompany and Demechelis (second half of the season). All IMO of course, and accepting that all defences / defenders make mistakes occasionally.