We are becoming a laughing stock!

simo

I'm tired of this now this board is turning our club into a joke and anyone who says otherwise is deluded the season only ended 2 and a bit weeks ago and already we have lost our manager and talisman with our captain , star youngster , key centre back among others lined up to be sold unless we spend very well and employ a decent manager we'll be back to battling relegation (if it's not a forgone conclusion)

Now there will be a few of you saying "oh give it time let's see how it pans out" I say **** that something needs to be done NOW before its too late and Kl has totally stripped this fine club of everything that isn't nailed down !

So what do you suggest we do?
apart from not buying season tickets we can boycott the first game of the season and all pre season games ! And I know everyone is spitting their dummy today I just wanted to do it too !

I'm tired of this now this board is turning our club into a joke and anyone who says otherwise is deluded the season only ended 2 and a bit weeks ago and already we have lost our manager and talisman with our captain , star youngster , key centre back among others lined up to be sold unless we spend very well and employ a decent manager we'll be back to battling relegation (if it's not a forgone conclusion)

Now there will be a few of you saying "oh give it time let's see how it pans out" I say **** that something needs to be done NOW before its too late and Kl has totally stripped this fine club of everything that isn't nailed down !

So you are related to the owner or on the board???

I'm tired of this now this board is turning our club into a joke

When you say "board" I'll take it you mean this message board.

The biggest 'jokes' in all this are all the wrist-slitting drama queens saturating the forums - some ****s are leaving themselves nowhere to go if it don't look quite so bad come August.

The biggest 'jokes' in all this are all the wrist-slitting drama queens saturating the forums - some ****s are leaving themselves nowhere to go if it don't look quite so bad come August.

Exactly that. Some posters appear on the brink of a mental breakdown due to a manager leaving for Spurs and a 32 year old striker going back to his dream boyhood club. Neither good news, but it's not the end of the world. Edited by Sour Mash

So everything is Rosie then what do you suggest we pay our season ticket money bend over and then take it up the arse?

So everything is Rosie then what do you suggest we pay our season ticket money bend over and then take it up the arse?

I've been going for well over 4 decades and I've never taken it up the arse. I've witnessed relegation in 74 and twice in recent times, seen Lawrie Mac, Bally, Keegan, Shearer and countless others fook off, all very disappointing but that's life for yer everage football fan. I've seen us within a whisker of going pop, Southampton FC are a mid-size Premier League club with a bright future with the academy, if Cortese had got us to the CL it's very (very) unlikely we'd have stayed at that level, can you imagine the meltdown then?

If the worst was to happen I'll get over it, I've had my best days supporting this club outside the top division.

I'm sick of the ribbing from the Pompey fan at work.

Yeah, like any p****y fan has the scope to take the **** out of Saints.

How are things going down there?

Have they popped along to the hardware shop to get a supply of plastic bags before they can clear the dog crap off their training ground?

How are their fund-raising efforts going to persuade the slow of thought to cough up even more money for "shares" before they can put a team together?

He must be bricking it that other clubs are falling over themselves to prise Andy Awford away.

I could go on, but it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

And seriously, if you can't combat ****-taking from him, perhaps you should look for another job.

We're on course to be the club everyone points at and looks at with pity, rather than the model for others to admire and wish to emulate that we've been for the last few seasons. Either the board permits this firesale and we all hope a white knight appears on the horizon to buy the club before its too late or they shock us all by revealing some gumption by retaining and improving upon our squad for a push towards the europa league places as promised.

A laughing stock ?

The bedwetters rich new depths of hysteria.

We may well end up with a better manager than one we have lost and with first class replacements.

IMO we will strike back once our new manager is in place.

And I may well win the lottery but at this moment its not looking good everything we have been told is crap

Remember when Lallana became a national laughing stock over that stuff with Clattenburg? Christ, we as a club never got over that did we. Everyone who said the club would never get over it were proved right. And now Lallana is a shadow of his former self and this club is in ruins. And now you are telling me there is another reason that South Coast Club is becoming a laughing stock and that no one will ever let us forget why we're a laughing stock?? I don't think I can take this.

All these idiots saying "it's ok if we sell Lambert, Lallana, Lovren, Shaw etc as long as we bring quality replacements in"...can I point you in the direction of Norwich and Sunderland last summer who both shelled out on lots of new players. And Spurs. Worked out well for them didn't it.

And I may well win the lottery but at this moment its not looking good everything we have been told is crap

How do you know that we have't got a plan in place ? The first thing to do is get a first class manager in place, quick ! If the board make a good choice, are decisive and act promptly then I think we will overcome the challenges that are ahead.

However if we 'dilly dally' throughout the summer in our usual manner then I would suggest that my prediction of '17th' may well look ambitious. It is too early to judge yet, but I would expect a manager in place in the next couple of weeks. My choice would be Glenn Hoddle.

It would be short termist for many to mock. Most fans support clubs outside the top 7, and there are many clubs out there. Saints are currently the best of the rest, they've done things the right way, build a team of good young footballers who'll increase in value, given them time to play and development together.

It would be very very hard to have things have gone better. Bearing that in mind, and given how many clubs will aspire to it, what message does it send out seeing that club ripped apart? Some short sighted fans will mock, but really, it just reinforces the modern day limits for the rest of the clubs. Saints could have challenged the top 4 with 3 or 4 good signings to add to that squad, I've no doubt, but they weren't going to be allowed to keep them. Players have short careers and the big clubs have already been cemented forever it seems. Not many are interested in building a new big club and changing the power structure of football. Understandably they grow up watching these big clubs and want to play for them, continuing the same big club pattern.

What is the point of bringing on youngsters to sell??? What purpose does that serve? If your sole ambition is this then you will never have a sustainable team which will only lead to one conclusion ....

What is the point of bringing on youngsters to sell??? What purpose does that serve? If your sole ambition is this then you will never have a sustainable team which will only lead to one conclusion ....

Don't be that way, we only have to sell the good ones. The shit ones we release. We get to keep the ones that are neither too good nor too shit, they're just right. I believe Staplewood operate a 3 bears policy.