Latest information

Guan 2.0

Hello all.

Now a word of warning first. This is going to be a lengthy post, so those of little patience may want to skip it! Also, it is slightly more 'politicised' than a smiley, due to the source and the timing. Everyone has an agenda, after all. Think of this as more re-tweet than Op-Ed!

With that caveat in mind, let us plough ahead.

1. Lallana. As you may see from my posting history, things I have been privy to from inside the club have meant I have never warmed to a certain badge kissing individual as much as others. His lack of care at his internal end of season review (including his statistical input input into matches) had alarm bells ringing, as did his apparent contrasting attitudes in discussing his future with those inside and outside the club. Some within the club are happy that the Blackmore tweet broke, as it showed that the Loyal local lad may not have Saints as his number one thought. It is also thought that a raise from any top 10, instead of top 4 club, would be enough to have him causing disruption once more. Whether or not he will hand in a transfer request, or Liverpool will Negotiate a lump sum settlement with Bournemouth remains to be seen. Intresting that his former boss does not rate him enough to bid for him (all alleged). Whatever happens, don't expect a 'goodtimes' highlights reel if he does leave.

2. Lambert. The Club had received a number of enquiries for Rickie, but he batted them away. The board was mindful that within a few days of meeting the players (December), Rickie had managed to insert Liverpool into most conversations, such was his passion for his home-town club. They were also grateful for his courteous, patient behaviour upon hearing of the offer, and there was genuine good feeling on both sides when goodbyes were made. Unlike some others.

3. Budget. The 35 Million is still in place. The board are hesitant to confirm the amount added to this now, as prices will be artificially inflated even without more sales.

4. Katharina Liebherr. Despite the prevailing view on here, she does care for the club, and our future. One thing my source was unclear on (because they couldn't get a handle on it yet) is whether she genuinely thinks RK and Reed are doing a sufficient job on a learning curve, or whether their is an imminent reshuffle. One thing is certain though, there has been an increase in 2 person meetings as opposed to group meetings.

5. Cortese. Though in the immediate aftermath and at the end of the season Cortsese was active in engaging the press, it is not thought that the whispered campaign against the club originates from him, but it does stem from his leaving as

6. The press. The club sought out untapped Journos to tell 'their side' as Cortese departed. But they underestimated how much access and coverage the media would demand in return, and as a result, conventional agreements were ignored, and many more interesting than 'helpful' stories have appeared. There may be an appointment soon to help restore balance.

7. The Manager. "Too Sensitive" I asked for a nationality or initials. "No". They want the business done before national management positions become vacant though

Sorry I've had to censor the amount and quality of Info (I'm not allowed to discuss Shaw, for instance. At all).

Hello all.

Now a word of warning first. This is going to be a lengthy post, so those of little patience may want to skip it! Also, it is slightly more 'politicised' than a smiley, due to the source and the timing. Everyone has an agenda, after all. Think of this as more re-tweet than Op-Ed!

1. Lallana. As you may see from my posting history, things I have been privy to from inside the club have meant I have never warmed to a certain badge kissing individual as much as others. His lack of care at his internal end of season review (including his statistical input input into matches) had alarm bells ringing, as did his apparent contrasting attitudes in discussing his future with those inside and outside the club. Some within the club are happy that the Blackmore tweet broke, as it showed that the Loyal local lad may not have Saints as his number one thought. It is also thought that a raise from any top 10, instead of top 4 club, would be enough to have him causing disruption once more. Whether or not he will hand in a transfer request, or Liverpool will Negotiate a lump sum settlement with Bournemouth remains to be seen. Intresting that his former boss does not rate him enough to bid for him (all alleged). Whatever happens, don't expect a 'goodtimes' highlights reel if he does leave.

2. Lambert. The Club had received a number of enquiries for Rickie, but he batted them away. The board was mindful that within a few days of meeting the players (December), Rickie had managed to insert Liverpool into most conversations, such was his passion for his home-town club. They were also grateful for his courteous, patient behaviour upon hearing of the offer, and there was genuine good feeling on both sides when goodbyes were made. Unlike some others.

3. Budget. The 35 Million is still in place. The board are hesitant to confirm the amount added to this now, as prices will be artificially inflated even without more sales.

4. Katharina Liebherr. Despite the prevailing view on here, she does care for the club, and our future. One thing my source was unclear on (because they couldn't get a handle on it yet) is whether she genuinely thinks RK and Reed are doing a sufficient job on a learning curve, or whether their is an imminent reshuffle. One thing is certain though, there has been an increase in 2 person meetings as opposed to group meetings.

5. Cortese. Though in the immediate aftermath and at the end of the season Cortsese was active in engaging the press, it is not thought that the whispered campaign against the club originates from him, but it does stem from his leaving as

6. The press. The club sought out untapped Journos to tell 'their side' as Cortese departed. But they underestimated how much access and coverage the media would demand in return, and as a result, conventional agreements were ignored, and many more interesting than 'helpful' stories have appeared. There may be an appointment soon to help restore balance.

7. The Manager. "Too Sensitive" I asked for a nationality or initials. "No". They want the business done before national management positions become vacant though

Sorry I've had to censor the amount and quality of Info (I'm not allowed to discuss Shaw, for instance. At all).

Interesting if genuine. The manager vacancy has to be the most important issue facing the club right now. Reassuring that KL has interests of club at heart.

Thanks for sharing. All interesting stuff. Nice for an ITKer to just share info with no bull**** or bravado.

Out of interest, does your source know (and therefore condone) what you post on here? I only ask as you mention not being able to discuss Shaw.

Thank you for thorough and informative post. Disappointed to hear that Lallanas love affair with Saints has died but ultimately not too surprised. Interesting about the manager and national appointments, Koeman to replace Van Gaal? The futures not as bleak as some on here love to believe.

Interesting stuff. My faith in the Leibherrs to do right by us remains in place.

Hope their reticence on the next manager suggests an imminent appointment. I expect it to be the end of this week ideally.

One thing I forgot to mention was the Player/Board relations. There is a recognition that there has to be refocussing back towards the players. Not only was the Apple comment mid interview by RK described as 'Cringeworthy', but an incident towards the end of the season where players with contracts running out were guaranteed talks, the issue left to 'float' for a few days, then approached as part of a larger group to take part in a club media even, with no follow up or acknowledgement on the talks!

This is much more promising. The Lambert sale looks fair, and the situation with Lallana looks more like something we're on top of - esp if this stuff about us playing hard-ball with Liverpool is true.

It still looks to me like KL, RK and LR were caught off-guard by MoPo leaving, but if we're moving quickly to get a new manager of Koeman/Moyes stature, and getting good value for players we sell that looks a good save to me.

Need to get Cork and Fonte sorted out and make sure Schneiderlin, Lovren etc are kept on board, but if we do - and invest wisely - then hell, we might actually come through this in decent shape.

Thanks for sharing. All interesting stuff. Nice for an ITKer to just share info with no bull**** or bravado.

Out of interest, does your source know (and therefore condone) what you post on here? I only ask as you mention not being able to discuss Shaw.

Ha ha, yes they do, and I'm usually asked to be discreet. This time it was more like a counter-leak, tbh! Hence my note at the start.

Also, no info on the manager whatsoever! I'm as in the dark as everyone else on that.

Last post, good night all.

Thank you Guan - much appreciated. Hopefully we can enjoy this thread and its encouraging news for a while before the "you know who's" arrive.

Most pleasing of all, Katharina certainly seems to be here for the duration and bearing a lot of her Father's dreams. Asset stripping, my arse.

If I read your post correctly, I'm a little concerned that our managerial appointment may be delayed if certain of the candidates hold aspirations for a post-World Cup national team appointment. We (and Ralph and Reed) need a high-calibre manager in ASAP but - if forced to choose - I'd take the high-calibre over the ASAP.

Many thanks for the update. Hope we get the managerial post sorted out first then get the main core of the players on board and contracts extended as required. Optimism returning slowly for me but sadly the World Cup interest has gone.

Hello all.

Many thanks for posting, much appreciated and will hopefully shut up some of the loons on here for a while.

I don't think anyone has suggested it is "one big Cortese conspiracy". Deffo.

Sad to see further confirmation that he was involved a couple of weeks ago though.

Well it seems that some of the allegations on here were highly and foolishly exaggerated.

Rather it's just as much a case of journos throwing theirs toys out for not getting the kind of access they thought they were owed for writing sympathetic pieces in the aftermath of Cortese's departure.

Thanks for posting. Great to hear some more factual stuff. Just one thing bearing in mind the new manager comments and national manager vacancies coming up. I notice Hitzfeld the Swiss Team manager is retiring after the World Cup. I wonder if that might make ......Yakin :0) or.........Gross! :0/ contenders for us?

Thanks for the info Guan

7 would suggest that Koeman is the preferred choice - can't think of many other touted names that have a chance of a national job unless it's some footballing backwater.

David Moyes to Scotland...? Oh wait, no, you're right.

Anyway, fantastic post Guan.

Thanks for posting. Great to hear some more factual stuff. Just one thing bearing in mind the new manager comments and national manager vacancies coming up. I notice Hitzfeld the Swiss Team manager is retiring after the World Cup. I wonder if that might make ......Yakin :0) or.........Gross! :0/ contenders for us?

Yakin 80)

Gross 80(

Isn't that post going to ex-Lazio boss Vladimir Petkovic?

One thing I forgot to mention was the Player/Board relations. There is a recognition that there has to be refocussing back towards the players. Not only was the Apple comment mid interview by RK described as 'Cringeworthy', but an incident towards the end of the season where players with contracts running out were guaranteed talks, the issue left to 'float' for a few days, then approached as part of a larger group to take part in a club media even, with no follow up or acknowledgement on the talks!

Cringeworthy.

Good to see the board taking my comments seriously. Nobody else does. :D

Just to add to Guan's post. A snippet i have heard from 2 people that work for the club. And seperately i may add, that Koeman was shown around Staplewood today. How much credance there is in this rumour i cant say. But it came from 2 seperate sources, so lets see what happens. And no i'm not ITK. Just passing on some info thats all.

Edited by SOTONS EAST SIDE

2 person meetings? What does this mean? KL and RK? KL and LR? Or LR and RK?

Yeah, that caught my eye too.

My first and continuing thought is that Katharina doesn't like how things are going and is taking a closer personal involvement, which might not augur well for Ralph.