Schneiderlin Transfer Rumours

Saint-Armstrong

I really dont know where people get their figures from. How on earth is he worht £35M??

Yeah, I really don't get why people think he's worth so much. He's a brilliant player but defensive mids don't command huge fees and even so he's not that good. It's pretty clear to see why Shaw is/was our most valuable player by some way - age, potential, length of contract, nationality and the growing attacking responsibilities of his position. Schneiderlin doesn't have half of that adding to his value.

If we sell I expect he'll go for around £20m.

Yeah, I really don't get why people think he's worth so much. He's a brilliant player but defensive mids don't command huge fees and even so he's not that good. It's pretty clear to see why Shaw is/was our most valuable player by some way - age, potential, length of contract, nationality and the growing attacking responsibilities of his position. Schneiderlin doesn't have half of that adding to his value.

Because he's not for sale, we don't need the money and he doesn't seem the type to kick up a fuss if we turned down a bid. 35mill is silly money and we should only accept silly mine for him, 20mill isnt

Possibly, IMO he is better than both lallana and shaw (different positions i know) and surely falls under the home grown category for squad registration, this must add the premium aswell.

Personally I think he is our best player, lallana wasnt worth 25m, lovrens not worth 20m and in the same vain Schneiderlin isnt worth north of 20m but this should be a sellers market

He's an excellent player but Khaderia who plays in a simliar positon, plays for Real Madrid and has a world cup winners medal was being touted around at just below £20m.

he had 12 months left on his contract then as well.

okay, Schinderlin is worth £35m and not a penny less. :mcinnes:

Ings is being quoted at £8m he has a year left on his contract so he must be worth £15m if he had longer. :mcinnes:

when he moved from Stuttgart to Madrid 4 years ago (yes i know it was 4 years ago) he was still a German international and "only" cost 14m Euros.

And he was worth a lot more than that.

Morgan is still pretty young, has 3 years left on his contract and is now a French international. We should hold out for big big money for him, just like we did with Shaw. I'd be disappointed with less than 25m, but I doubt he'll go for that much

Schneiderlin is a player of sufficient quality that he could walk into pretty well any PL team and not look out of place. During the past couple of years, he has achieved some of the best stats in Europe for his passing, interceptions, tackling, etc. He is arguably the best player in our team in terms of what makes us tick and we are always the poorer for his absence.

It isn't clear as you claim why Shaw was our most valuable player by some distance. Yes, he is young, English and a very competent defender who would almost certainly get better and be one of the best in England over the next decade. But a LB is not as vital to a team as a really good commanding midfielder whose distribution can create goal scoring chances in an instant. Players like Schneiderlin are pretty rare, so his value is justified if there are several top suitors vying for his signature and we want to keep him. Schneiderlin is the sort of player that could advance the potential of clubs like Arsenal and Spurs, so his fee could be justified.

But from our point of view, as we would rather keep him, the price has to be set at a heavily inflated level that could scare off bidders and has little to do at all with some notional historical value that DMs usually go for.

Stupid argument - price depends on what else is available on the market. Any club looking to buy a DM is going to buy Khadera for £20m instead of Morgan for £35m. Its the selling club who carre about how long is left on a contract, the buyer only cares about the price. If we were looking to sell Morgan we might have to take less than £20m, which is part the reason we want to keep him.

He Does Things That Only A Spider Can. Hence the potentially steep price tag.

In all seriousness, Morgan is MY favourite Saint and has been since the Championship when he just grew massively as a more defensive player but retained a progressive attacking mindset. (I credit Adkins for this, but MS is clearly a 'student of the game' anyway).

I get a wee bit too excited with every interception and clever hold off. Worse still, when he makes a ten yard dash forward from the centre circle only to calmly jog back again, I can't help but shout out at anyone who will listen how he has brilliantly created space for the attacking quartet by 'bouncing' the oppositions DM out of position.

I am aware this is not normal behaviour.

He Does Things That Only A Spider Can. Hence the potentially steep price tag.

In all seriousness, Morgan is MY favourite Saint and has been since the Championship when he just grew massively as a more defensive player but retained a progressive attacking mindset. (I credit Adkins for this, but MS is clearly a 'student of the game' anyway).

I get a wee bit too excited with every interception and clever hold off. Worse still, when he makes a ten yard dash forward from the centre circle only to calmly jog back again, I can't help but shout out at anyone who will listen how he has brilliantly created space for the attacking quartet by 'bouncing' the oppositions DM out of position.

I am aware this is not normal behaviour.

I have the same problem when it comes to Morgan. He is definitely in my top 3 Saints players ever and will be devasted if he leaves. I think the lad has a bright future and have always said that one day he will captain his country.

Stupid argument - price depends on what else is available on the market. Any club looking to buy a DM is going to buy Khadera for £20m instead of Morgan for £35m. Its the selling club who carre about how long is left on a contract, the buyer only cares about the price. If we were looking to sell Morgan we might have to take less than £20m, which is part the reason we want to keep him.

Any club looking to buy a DM is going to buy Khedira, except they can't afford his wages. Now any club looking to buy a DM is going to buy Schneiderlin, except they can't afford the fee.

It isn't clear as you claim why Shaw was our most valuable player by some distance. Yes, he is young, English and a very competent defender who would almost certainly get better and be one of the best in England over the next decade. But a LB is not as vital to a team as a really good commanding midfielder whose distribution can create goal scoring chances in an instant. Players like Schneiderlin are pretty rare, so his value is justified if there are several top suitors vying for his signature and we want to keep him. Schneiderlin is the sort of player that could advance the potential of clubs like Arsenal and Spurs, so his fee could be justified.

I think you're overdoing it there. Morgan can't create goal scoring chances in an instant, he's not Pirlo.

Full backs are becoming more and more important to Premier League teams and in Shaw you've got someone who's *already* one of the best left backs in England, aged 19. He has got a good chance of being the best in the world during his career as an attacker and defender. Good as he is, I don't think Schneiderlin will ever reach those heights.

It really isn't as simple as you infer. Current rumours have it that Arsenal are now looking at William Carvalho for £24 million. Although there is apparently a buy out clause in his contract for £35 million.

Arsenal target Khedira looks likely to go to Monaco, because he might be used as a makeweight in a deal for James Rodrigues who might cost £75 million.

Schneiderlin is seen as the cheap option by Arsenal, a figure of £16 million being bandied about as his value. But then a player's value isn't what some club thinks it should be, it is what the buyer is prepared to pay and the seller is prepared to accept. In the case of Scheiderlin, I'm sure that we would be entirely content to keep him, unless we are offered an eye-wateringly high premium price for him. Let Spurs and Arsenal and others try and buy Khedira instead for lower money. There is only one of him, so two or three clubs can't have him. In the same way, Liverpool could have had Kroos for less than they paid for Lallana. We did fine there to get Tadic and have lots of change in our pockets, but I don't see many names in the frame as decent replacements for Schneiderlin for much less money.

Why would MS's value be any less than that of AL? His defensive record over the past two seasons to me is the equal (if not more) to the goals/assists of AL.

Because goals and assists are a far more tangible commodity in a game of football. Yes Morgan is one of the best at interceptions etc but its almost impossible to directly link that to clean sheets for example.

I think you're overdoing it there. Morgan can't create goal scoring chances in an instant, he's not Pirlo.

Full backs are becoming more and more important to Premier League teams and in Shaw you've got someone who's *already* one of the best left backs in England, aged 19. He has got a good chance of being the best in the world during his career as an attacker and defender. Good as he is, I don't think Schneiderlin will ever reach those heights.

Schneiderlin has another 11 years to become another Pirlo. How good was Pirlo at 24? Many times last season I've seen him make killer passes that have put a player through on goal, perhaps you missed them. You champion Shaw to become one of the best LBs in the World over the next decade and I'll champion Schneiderlin to become one of the best DMs in the World over the same period. OK?

Schneiderlin has already produced some of the best stats in Europe for his playing position. You don't think that he will reach the heights that Shaw will, I do. We'll just have to wait a few years to see who's right.

Because goals and assists are a far more tangible commodity in a game of football. Yes Morgan is one of the best at interceptions etc but its almost impossible to directly link that to clean sheets for example.

Yes of course, but I think that that is probably in the eyes of fans, not managers.

He is an incredible footballer. When he doesn't play we miss him massively. He could play for any team in the world and wouldn't struggle at all. Should sell at our terms (£25m+) or not at all.

Agreed. He is the best CM we've had in years and one of the best in the league undoubtedly. Despite having very decent cover in the middle it would be a huge blow to lose Morgan and his value is only going to increase as he plays for France. Label a £30m price tag on him and that should fend off the vultures.... Unless Madrid are interested!

He could play for any team in the world and wouldn't struggle at all. Should sell at our terms (£25m+) or not at all.

Take off your red and white glasses.

He's a good player, but he wouldn't get in the Barca or Madrid sides, he cant get in the French side . I doubt very much whether anyone would pay £25 mil for him, which they would do if he was a CM who could play for any team in the world.

If we arent looking to sell then the price is what we want. Using Kroos and Khedira as examples is just daft, transfer fees in the whole arent comparable.

Is Morgan worth more then 20m ? No, but we arent looking to sell so he is worth whatever price a. We attach and b. The buyer is willing to pay

If we arent looking to sell then the price is what we want. Using Kroos and Khedira as examples is just daft, transfer fees in the whole arent comparable.

Is Morgan worth more then 20m ? No, but we arent looking to sell so he is worth whatever price a. We attach and b. The buyer is willing to pay

Comparing him with khedira is far less daft than saying if Lallana is worth £25m then Morgan is worth £35m

He's a good player, but he wouldn't get in the Barca or Madrid sides, he cant get in the French side . I doubt very much whether anyone would pay £25 mil for him, which they would do if he was a CM who could play for any team in the world.

I agree that maybe Barca or Real Madrid might have better at the moment, but he could certainly play for any team in the PL and not look out of place, which is where I pitched him. He did get into the French side at the World CUp, didn't he? Perhaps you missed it. And he was arguably their best player in that match. It isn't his fault that Didier Deschamps is a bit of an idiot with his own favourites.

I'm not bothered if we set the price at £25 million and teams thought him not to be worth it. In fact I'd be delighted.

I genuinely don't think he'd struggle in the Barca/Real team. Is he "world class" no, but all I said is that he wouldn't look out of place.

Its still pretty daft. David luiz 50m/lovren 9m or 20m

Kroos 20m/ lallana 35m

Is just daft, you simply cannot compare transfer values

Because they often depend on release clauses. David Luis cost PSG 48.7 million euros, not 50 million £

I suspect Morgan has a release clause, couldn't stab at the amount though. It's very common with extra-UK players.

Because they often depend on release clauses. David Luis cost PSG 48.7 million euros, not 50 million £

I suspect Morgan has a release clause, couldn't stab at the amount though. It's very common with extra-UK players.

We need to get hold of some extra-UK players. The normal-English lot are all off at the first sniff of interest!