Other Team's Transfers

Beckenham Saint

Stoke signing Victor Moses on loan. Reckon he will do well there.

Of all the teams in the mid table area, they appear to have recruited as well as anyone. Solid if unspectacular but zero chance of relegation and can look for a top half finish.

Very decent signing for them.

Stuart Pearce working his magic already then. One and a half million!

Not bad for a player some said wasn't good enough for the championship (now playing his third season in the champ) his current record for Forest so far is 2 games and 2 goals. Forest are usually up in around the play offs, a bit of luck for Forest, and you might even see Antonio in the PL :scared:

Well that would be a turn up for the books (If it's actually true of course) have Reading sorted out their take over properly yet? Dream move to re-unite himself with Puncheon? could see Nigel being very happy to sign Cork if he did become their manager.........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2730685/Liverpool-agree-16m-fee-Mario-Balotelli-AC-Milan-striker-prepares-Premier-League-return.html

Balotelli for £16m (and please no comparisons to Long, as wages are incomparable). God knows what he will be on - £80k, £100k, more?

Not sure Lambert is going to get any PL playing time as the preference will be Sterling (yes, I know he is a midfielder), Sturridge, Balotelli and then Lambert, with Markovic and Borini behind (??). I expect if this goes through, then Borini will be sold to Sunderland for near enough the same amount that Balotelli will cost.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2730685/Liverpool-agree-16m-fee-Mario-Balotelli-AC-Milan-striker-prepares-Premier-League-return.html

Balotelli for £16m (and please no comparisons to Long, as wages are incomparable). God knows what he will be on - £80k, £100k, more?

Not sure Lambert is going to get any PL playing time as the preference will be Sterling (yes, I know he is a midfielder), Sturridge, Balotelli and then Lambert, with Markovic and Borini behind (??). I expect if this goes through, then Borini will be sold to Sunderland for near enough the same amount that Balotelli will cost.

Crikey, they are signing him?! - I thought it was a loan.

I figured a loan would be slightly more sensible since Origi returns from loan next season & they could easily ship Mario back out if/when he kicks off.

As you say wages, and also with Long it was Prem-to-Prem. That always adds a few extra £million.

And how much **** off the field will they have to deal with?

Probably around the same volume as they did with Suarez.

Don't they ever learn? You would have thought that having got rid of Suarez - great player though he was - they would think twice before bringing another flake in through the door.

This shows the size of Brenda Rogers' ego. All managers think they have the secret to controlling mavericks.

Does this add weight to the theory that Rickie's signing was a mere ruse to whisper in Lallana's ear.

I won't say Rickie must be wondering whether he made the right move because his wages will help salve any wounds. But how much playing time is he going to get?

Probably around the same volume as they did with Suarez.

Don't they ever learn? You would have thought that having got rid of Suarez - great player though he was - they would think twice before bringing another flake in through the door.

This shows the size of Brenda Rogers' ego. All managers think they have the secret to controlling mavericks.

Does this add weight to the theory that Rickie's signing was a mere ruse to whisper in Lallana's ear.

I won't say Rickie must be wondering whether he made the right move because his wages will help salve any wounds. But how much playing time is he going to get?

I'm not sure about Rickie. It was fairly obvious Suarez was off this summer. It was also fairly obvious they were likely to bring in another striker once that happened. As much as he is a hero to us (rightly so) he isn't a Suarez replacement, not even close.

I'm not sure what is up with Lambert either. Bit confused that he was given #9 shirt - seems some players/clubs/fans take shirt numbers seriously. Hope that he does get some time rather than just warm the bench. I know that it was his choice but that's his heart rather than head speaking. His career in the last season or two has been nothing short of Roy of the Rovers stuff, so no wonder his heart is doing the decision making. But if he is happy there, then there is no problem.

Ah crap, unfortunately Balotelli is a good signing for them and I was hoping they'd struggle up front.

some are describing this as a 'masterstroke' by Brenda.....

really? you mean MB agent has been touting him around europe to get a move and now liverpool are desperate, it is seen as a masterstroke by some scousers!!!!