Other Team's Transfers

Beckenham Saint

Quite a few teams that were in and around us are developing far stronger squads than we have, substantially so. Newcastle, Stoke and Hull as examples. All set to improve to being likely to finish ahead of us I would expect.

Way too early to say either way.

Norwich were tipped to finish above us last year as they had an amazing window, or something. Players don't always work out for whatever reason, on paper they are good additions - as are ours, but not all will be a success. Need to see who we bring in before going on a negative rampage about how they'll finish above us in 10 months time.

Way too early to say either way.

Norwich were tipped to finish above us last year as they had an amazing window, or something. Players don't always work out for whatever reason, on paper they are good additions - as are ours, but not all will be a success. Need to see who we bring in before going on a negative rampage about how they'll finish above us in 10 months time.

I certainly didnt tip Norwich to be above us, they did deals early in June, its way beyond early now.

Of course we don't know which players will work out, as normal, but we can see the sides who are doing their best to go out there and actually secure their targets.

Quite a few teams that were in and around us are developing far stronger squads than we have, substantially so. Newcastle, Stoke and Hull as examples. All set to improve to being likely to finish ahead of us I would expect.

Really Hull have Europa league so their squad will be stretched next season and Stoke have just signed a guy who managed 4 goals in 24 apperances playing for the champions in the Eredivisie last season compare that to the new striker we just signed. Newcastle look like they are doing well this transfer window though.

Are they? How many of their players would you want in the Saints starting XI?

Edited by Matthew Le God

That's not fair, Ashton was a decent player.

May be wrong, if so I apologise. But I thought you berated the mongboard for criticising Carroll.

For such a lump (I don't mean that as a dig, but I feel it's fair to say his game is more physicality than finesse) his injury record is pathetic.

There may well be a decent player (not top level IMO) in there somewhere, but he just doesn't seen too bothered. Shame really.

Do agree though, Ashton was a superior player. Shame his career was cut short by injury. Personally, don't see the fuss around Carroll. Though fair to say both Dalglish & Sam Allardyce have forgotten more than I'll ever know about football.

Liverpool splash £10m out on Divock Origi.

19yo Begium striker playing at Lille. Scored 6 goals ion 40 appearances. Broke into senior national side this year and scored 1 goal in 8 appearances.

They've loaned him back to Lille I think?

Lot of money for them but fair play. Wonder if having first refusal on Barkley sometime in the future is part of the deal?

Can't see Chelsea ever needing him. They've got some top class young midfield talent anyway.

Van Ginkel for one....paid £8m last year for him.

Lot of money for them but fair play. Wonder if having first refusal on Barkley sometime in the future is part of the deal?

Why is it a lot of money for them, they made 85 million from the PL alone last year, what's all that money for unless it's bettering your side. They paid him last season, not much change there then. Other than that I don't remember them signing anyone except Besic for a few million, to replace Barry perhaps. Still have a top side, and will do well. Wish we had that sort of stability, then again thet kept their manager.

Why is it a lot of money for them, they made 85 million from the PL alone last year, what's all that money for unless it's bettering your side. They paid him last season, not much change there then. Other than that I don't remember them signing anyone except Besic for a few million, to replace Barry perhaps. Still have a top side, and will do well. Wish we had that sort of stability, then again thet kept their manager.

They've signed Barry as well, for a free.

Even better for them then, still they're not run by idiots I suppose. We still don't know what happened to our 79 million from Sky though. Salary mass 52 milion, transfers paid from sales, where's the rest ?

Laid out along The Nicola Cortese corridor ™ at St Mary's.

Even better for them then, still they're not run by idiots I suppose. We still don't know what happened to our 79 million from Sky though. Salary mass 52 milion, transfers paid from sales, where's the rest ?

Good question. Good job all those new training facilities were free for starters.

But wouldn't we get financement on that ? It's not something you pay on the nail from one season's income surely.

It has been going on for ages, I very much doubt the builders did all that work without getting significant monies at various stages