Koeman's first Southampton press conference 11/7/14

Matthew Le God

Who is this ****ing woman asking about Suarez and Van Gaal?

What's this ***** doing asking questions about Suarez!? Typical man.

Unfortunately they can probably work a better headline if they tease a response out of RK on that rather than anything else (apart from Ronald lining up a toe to toe with Lovren or Osvaldo on their return).

I'm right p1ssed off! Waited for this threads stream, then fed up with waiting I opened the actual U-tube stream in a different window...waited...nothing. Came back to this thread to hear the last minute of the interview! Will it be shown again anywhere (at least I can skip through the Utd b*llocks)?

Edited by Saint Fan CaM

What's this ***** doing asking questions about Suarez!? Typical man.

:lol: Nice of you to get offended of behalf of women. Handbag at dawn.

How predictable. Idiot.

Where's the foetus going to gestate?

Squarez great player , fantastic player . Best player in the world blah blah blah

Van gal fantastic manager , best manager in the world . Blah blah blah

Oh an a couple of bits about saints

I bet sky just show the comments re squarez and van gal

Thankfully I listened to it on you tube

Crapola questions from the journos, really. Interesting to hear the bit at the end about Schneiderlin; hopefully RK can turn him around.

RK obviously got a way to go on the patter. All sounding a bit Goldmember atm. Even so, very refreshing to hear a Saints manager speaking English.

I thought the bit about Morgan was positive, did I miss something that suggested there was a problem?

I'm right p1ssed off! Waited for this threads stream, then fed up with waiting I opened the actual U-tube stream in a different window...waited...nothing. Came back to this thread to hear the last minute of the interview! Will it be shown again anywhere (at least I can skip through the Utd b*llocks)?

Yes it will be on YouTube later

No bids for Schneiderlin.

Well, none that Reed has informed RK of.

Even if true, it does not mean that his agent isn't hawking him around, or in discussion with a certain load of North London yobbos.

But for the time being, happy to cling to the hope Morgan will be with us next season.

Why can't the person managing the Press Conference simply say "We are not here to answer questions about other club's players or managers. Can we move on please" That women at the start was mind-numblingly tedious with her line of questioning.

:lol: Nice of you to get offended of behalf of women. Handbag at dawn.

I'm not acting on anyone's behalf, just good practice to call people out on sexist garbage.

#saintsfc Koeman on Lovren: "There's always a way forward I've spoken to Dejan twice, there's a contract on the table, he comes back Sunday"

I missed him saying there was a contract on the table. He might just mean he has a contract to honour, but I wouldn't be surprised if we offered him a big pay rise.

#saintsfc Koeman on Lovren: "There's always a way forward I've spoken to Dejan twice, there's a contract on the table, he comes back Sunday"

I better stop sending him abuse on Twitter if that's the case

Crapola questions from the journos, really. Interesting to hear the bit at the end about Schneiderlin; hopefully RK can turn him around.

RK obviously got a way to go on the patter. All sounding a bit Goldmember atm. Even so, very refreshing to hear a Saints manager speaking English.

Thats a little unfair, I thought he came across well, although possibly a little too willing to discuss sideshows like LVG , and that buck toothed tw^ts move to Barcelona.

As you say, good to hear a Saints manager speaking English.

Al in all, well done RK, I'm reasonably optimistic with him, just hope Reed et al enable him to fulfill his role.

Reckon he did well there, straight answers to everything, and hasn't thrown anyone under a bus.

Agree, he's probably in some difficulty in dealing with the Lovren, and Osvaldo issues so as not to show our hand, or weaken any negotiations we be trying to have.

some things are still done in private

"behind closed doors"...

I think he needs to go back to a nunnery to brush up on his interview/manager speak. Theres a good one near Sc^nthorpe apparently.

I'm disappointed RK did not work a single "since I've been in the building" into his press conference, or "draw a blue line under it ".

I'm not acting on anyone's behalf, just good practice to call people out on sexist garbage.

I missed him saying there was a contract on the table. He might just mean he has a contract to honour, but I wouldn't be surprised if we offered him a big pay rise.

Quote is from radio Solent twitter, must have said it in their interview with koeman

Thats a little unfair, I thought he came across well, although possibly a little too willing to discuss sideshows like LVG , and that buck toothed tw^ts move to Barcelona.

As you say, good to hear a Saints manager speaking English.

Maybe, but only a little. Overall the transparency of the interview was very good. Bit of time will see him pick up the nuances, especially as he's evidently making the effort - but there was an over reliance of certain key phrases. He'll get over it.

Liked the forthright stance on Lovren too.

Quote is from radio Solent twitter, must have said it in their interview with koeman

Thanks, just seen it. It does look like some kind of new contract is seen as a 'way forward'. Do we have any idea how much money he's on now? If we can get Osvaldo off the books and that's what it takes I think Lovren's well worth a bumper contract.

Adrian being a sarcastic tit, this is new and exciting.

Pastor Patrón being a tedious bore in yet another (albeit in vain) attempt to maybe one day be as good a wum as Glasgow or Turkish, this is new and exciting.

Morgan supposedly staying is the key point.

Absolutely. I believe Morgan is our best player, and invaluable to us. Will be a massive boost if he stays.

Knowing Lovren has a way back, despite revealing himself to be a tit, is also good news as he is a quality player, and it's nice to know that Pellé is close to signing but the news on Schneiderlin is the best thing to come out of that press conference, for me.

Maybe, but only a little. Overall the transparency of the interview was very good. Bit of time will see him pick up the nuances, especially as he's evidently making the effort - but there was an over reliance of certain key phrases. He'll get over it.

Liked the forthright stance on Lovren too.

.. but still nowhere near as cliched as good ol' Nige used to be.

As its no longer live, can a mod please change the thread title to something like...

"Ronald Koeman's first Southampton press conference"

Because if you skip to 44:23 in the video in the opening post you can watch it again.

I think you're safe MLG, the only person likely to pedantically criticise putting LIVE in a thread title for a video that is no longer live, is you :)

That was my original interpretation of it as well. But if we can keep Morgan with an improved contract then its money well spent.

It didn't matter who was asking the questions re squarez

Make or female . It was not the place especially at the start of the interview .

How comes that female reporter was allowed to ask so many questions?

Or were there only four journos present 2 females and 2 males

Was my mate Alec crook there ?

Why can't the person managing the Press Conference simply say "We are not here to answer questions about other club's players or managers. Can we move on please" That women at the start was mind-numblingly tedious with her line of questioning.

Absolutely true there, Tel. Surely a basic moderator could be used to pre-approve and then disallow such questions if asked.

I only heard it on a dodgy stream. Was Koeman asked whether he had been given a specific target to achieve, (top half/better than last season/europa...) ?

Koeman congratulated the team on last season's achievement, pointed out this is a new season, and said that he hopes to carry on improving the team and do better than last season, but there was no mention of 'targets' as such.

As its no longer live, can a mod please change the thread title to something like...

"Ronald Koeman's first Southampton press conference"

Because if you skip to 44:23 in the video in the opening post you can watch it again.

Bereft of life it rests in peace, its curled up its tootsies, its run down the curtain and joint the choir invisible, it.. is an ex press conference