Poor Old Lallana

Gemmel

The singing clip pretty poor really, as said above, sounds like 3/4 people singing. The fellas there more inclined to "debate" face to face than "banter" with a song. As I say, his missus was there, could have been worse.

Shame, he could have had a lifetime of handshakes, pats on the back, thank you's and offers of a free drink every time he walked into Southampton Airport or anywhere else in an SO postcode, however he ****ed that up. Captain, Leader, Liar.

With the players LFC are bringing in, he could struggle to get much game time. Oh dear, Adam, you could be the next Jack Rodwell. (anyone remember him?)

I've been thinking the same thing. they already had Sterling and Coutihno, now they've added Origi and are also after Markovic, young Adam, not being blessed with pace is going to have to be tip top to keep his place, if he ever gets it.

I saw somewhere that Gerrard won't start every game, so maybe room for him there. I doubt that they are going to leave their most expensive signing on the bench, but you never know. If they carry on signing at the rate they are going, they are going to have some disappointed players not making the 25 man squad.

I have no doubt that AL will get games at the start of the season. However, I can see him losing his place over time. I have my doubts about him fitting into another team as well as he eventually did with Saints.

Edit: agree with above post.

I have no doubt that AL will get games at the start of the season. However, I can see him losing his place over time. I have my doubts about him fitting into another team as well as he eventually did with Saints.

Edit: agree with above post.

We were set up last season to play to his strengths. I cant see Liverpool doing that - he will have to fit into them and last a whole game. Im not sure he'll be able to do it.

Edited by buctootim

Oh well. From legend to nobody.

No sympathy from me. He will never be welcomed back at Southampton. Hope Lovren sees the light and doesn't follow his lead to Liverpool... especially now they are showing such little ambition by selling their best player.

Shame, he could have had a lifetime of handshakes, pats on the back, thank you's and offers of a free drink every time he walked into Southampton Airport or anywhere else in an SO postcode, however he ****ed that up. Captain, Leader, Liar.

No, no. You are being so unfair.

Liverpool have doubled his money. Wouldn't you move job if you could double your money?? I mean, he only had £50k a week to live on. At least £2.5 million guaranteed each year for the next 4 years. How can you possibly live in Southampton on that pittance?? Isn't it worth going from hero in Southampton with a settled life, marvellous house and life style for the rest of your life to being a Scouse scumbag hiding in the shadows when flying off on holiday if you can double your money ??? Even if you are already far richer than the vast majority of people.

The poor lad is clearly greedy, naive and possibly a bit simple. I think he has made a decision that he will regret for the rest of his life.

I saw somewhere that Gerrard won't start every game, so maybe room for him there. I doubt that they are going to leave their most expensive signing on the bench, but you never know. If they carry on signing at the rate they are going, they are going to have some disappointed players not making the 25 man squad.

According to the BBC gossip it's in the mail . Saying Rodgers will limits Gerard's games to keep him fit till the end of the season .

Ps I have the middle if the road song chirpy chirpy cheep bouncing around MPy head

Where's yer squarez gone

Where's your squarez gone

Etc etc

No, no. You are being so unfair.

Liverpool have doubled his money. Wouldn't you move job if you could double your money?? I mean, he only had £50k a week to live on. At least £2.5 million guaranteed each year for the next 4 years. How can you possibly live in Southampton on that pittance?? Isn't it worth going from hero in Southampton with a settled life, marvellous house and life style for the rest of your life to being a Scouse scumbag hiding in the shadows when flying off on holiday if you can double your money ??? Even if you are already far richer than the vast majority of people.

The poor lad is clearly greedy, naive and possibly a bit simple. I think he has made a decision that he will regret for the rest of his life.

That's what I don't get. I 'll always remember MLT saying when asked why he didn't move for more money "Ive got a 4 bed detached house, a nice car and if I retire at 30 I'll never have to work again" - and that was on a fraction of what players get now.

Some people are too dumb to realise that once you've got a certain level of wealth everything additional becomes meaningless - certainly less valuable than the respect of your friends, family and neighbours.

agree about Lallana could struggle at LFC. Saints have been obviously playing a certain system with very specific positions. These suited our players perfectly and made the whole country look up and admire.

Change the system and roles around and you'll start to see if it was the players that were excelling or maybe they were just perfectly suited to The Southampton Way.

Time will tell. Scousers will soon find out that Lallana is just an ordinary winger. Not a world class player like last season where our system got him playing to his strengths.

Same with Lambo.

Personally i dont hate either of them. Just ****ed off with the situation. Again!

agree about Lallana could struggle at LFC. Saints have been obviously playing a certain system with very specific positions. These suited our players perfectly and made the whole country look up and admire.

Change the system and roles around and you'll start to see if it was the players that were excelling or maybe they were just perfectly suited to The Southampton Way.

Time will tell. Scousers will soon find out that Lallana is just an ordinary winger. Not a world class player like last season where our system got him playing to his strengths.

Same with Lambo.

Personally i dont hate either of them. Just ****ed off with the situation. Again!

Good players adapt, and Liverpool's style is similar to ours in a great many ways. The main difference is that he won't have as much freedom to roam the pitch at Liverpool.

Same with Lambo.

Personally i don't hate either of them. Just ****ed off with the situation. Again!

He's not 'world class' on a par with David Silva, Hazard etc, but he's grown to be better than an ordinary winger hasn't he?

According to the BBC gossip it's in the mail . Saying Rodgers will limits Gerard's games to keep him fit till the end of the season .

Ps I have the middle if the road song chirpy chirpy cheep bouncing around MPy head

Where's yer squarez gone

Where's your squarez gone

Etc etc

You b@st@rd - that's gone right in there!!

We were set up last season to play to his strengths. I cant see Liverpool doing that - he will have to fit into them and last a whole game. Im not sure he'll be able to do it.

For all his undoubted talent he's always been a bit of a tactical f*rt in a thunderstorm, and Rodgers won't tolerate that.

And his Cruyff turn has a limited shelf life.

He's got a lot of developing to do in a high-pressure spotlight, especially with Liverpool buying so many high-cost players and knowing that not all of them will pan-out.

For all his undoubted talent he's always been a bit of a tactical f*rt in a thunderstorm, and Rodgers won't tolerate that.

And his Cruyff turn has a limited shelf life.

He's got a lot of developing to do in a high-pressure spotlight, especially with Liverpool buying so many high-cost players and knowing that not all of them will pan-out.

To be fair his Cruyff turns are up there with Johan's, and off both feet. The little **** could have taught Boruc to do it properly.

Edited by St Chalet

That's what I don't get. I 'll always remember MLT saying when asked why he didn't move for more money "Ive got a 4 bed detached house, a nice car and if I retire at 30 I'll never have to work again" - and that was on a fraction of what players get now.

Some people are too dumb to realise that once you've got a certain level of wealth everything additional becomes meaningless - certainly less valuable than the respect of your friends, family and neighbours.

Many footballers aren't measuring themselves against us, or their forebears. Top of the market driving everything. They look at the success that former players have enjoyed when they've stamped their feet, got a move or a new contract and think "why not?". But yeah, you're right - all of those players were on a lot of money anyway, magnitudes more than most of us will ever see in our working lives.

Do you buy the trophy argument? I'm not sure I do. Might get you bragging rights on the pundit couches, but as Frank "I won the World Cup" LeBoeuf proved, doesn't necessarily win you any grace. MLT probably has more respect for not chasing silverware through the prism of big clubs, more so than Frank "I won the World Cup" LeBoeuf anyway.

PS Did you know that Frank LeBoeuf won the World Cup?