Seasons Predictions

Batman

What do you all think

Yeah, I know it is early but maybe make this a sticky and people can change their opinions as they see fit/transfers in out happen.

Top 4

Where will Saints finish

3 to go down

3 to cup up from the Championship (in any order)

Mine.

Chelsea - Champions

Arsenal

United

City

Saints to finish 15th

Burnley

WBA

Villa

all to go down

Wigan

Derby

Cardiff

to come up

I think our squad could be good enough to finish in the top 6, should be aiming to finish in the top 10 but a realistic finish is 17th or above.

Realistically I think we should be looking between 1st and 20th.

top four will be ( in any order ) Chelsea , City , Arsenal and Everton.... Saints will finish 10th , dunno about the rest....

Everton in the top four? Martinez might be a good manager but he's not a magician.

The top four will consist of the four teams who spend the most money. That's going to be four out of Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool or Arsenal.

It's a said indictment of the Premier League that the best coaches - Martinez, Koeman - can do a brilliant job but unless they have the spending power of the aforementioned teams to put together a squad strong enough to sustain a challenge over the course of a season, they are not going to break into the top four.

We saw that ourselves last season.

Not only is the top four/five's spending power a sad indictment of the PL, it shows what a complete and utter nonsense the FFP rules are.

Outside the top four/five, the PL is pretty weak. Hull and Stoke might hae beefed up a bit, but if Saints make a couple more signings, they can maintain the differential.

As things stand, a top ten finish is all I'll commit to at this stage.

Saints to win it then, Man C, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Man U, Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle

down

this is hard. If Swansea get ripped apart which is a possibility, I would add Villa and one of Leicester/Burnley, probably the latter. If Swansea don't, then both Leicester & Burnely.

Far too early to call at the moment, though if the league were to kick off tomorrow I'd fancy us to finish comfortably top half.

Chelsea have done the best business, with Arsenal a close second. A lot will hinge on who signs Sami Khedira, as really feel that if Arsenal sign a world class DM that could propel them to the title. Currently, I think Chelsea will win it.

Van Gaal will obviously improve Man Utd but their central defence is looking pretty pathetic at the moment. Still so much business to be done in this window though, it's going to be hectic.

Tricky.

Title is between City, Chelsea & Arsenal for me. Tough to call though.

Chelsea would have won last year if they had a striker, personally not sold on Costa (watch him bang in 25+ goals now). Fabregas is a cracking player though.

Think Arsenal need a quality DM (Khedira would be spot on) and 2 FB's. Debuchy is a downgrade on Sagna imo and I'm not a big fan of Monreal or Gibbs at LB.

City are champions, have a good squad and pots of cash.

I think Utd will make up the top 4 alongside the above 3.

Hard to call with Saints. We are an LB away from being where we were at the end of the season (on paper at least). I can't see there not being some more ins, though I don't see as strong a finish. Probably 9th-14th which I reckon will be separated by a few points.

15th - 20th will be tight I think. Villa, WBA, Burnley & Leicester I can see struggling. Possibly Swansea without Michu (especially if Bony goes)? Right now I'd say Burnely, Leicester & Villa.

I realise now I havn't kept an eye at all on Championship ins and outs, which I'm slightly embarrassed about. So, a punt on Cardiff, Forest & Wigan.

Can't really make a call at the mo, tbh. Not until we've added a squad. (or worked out who else is to leave...!!)

If it's as it is though, probably relegation battle all year - and if we do get bad injuries, then undoubtedly we'd be relegated.

But that won't happen because we will buy before the season!

Other teams....Liverpool will have a battle on to finish top 5, I feel. They lost their ''difference'' player, now they're just average. (Any team with Flanagan and Johnson as full backs will let in lots of goals).

I expect Man Utd to be right up there, a long with Chelsea, Arsenal and City - I've got a sneaky feeling Chelsea will win it this year though.

Chelsea

Man City

Arsenal

Man Utd

Burnley, West Brom and Hull to go down

Norwich, Wigan and Derby to come up.

Random predictions: Blackpool relegated with fewer than 10 points after administration, Pochettino to not last the season and Liverpool to finish bottom of their CL group.

Chelsea

Man City

Arsenal

Man Utd

Burnley, West Brom and Hull to go down

Norwich, Wigan and Derby to come up.

Random predictions: Blackpool relegated with fewer than 10 points after administration, Pochettino to not last the season and Liverpool to finish bottom of their CL group.

Oh and Saints 14th!

Chelsea to win the league. Man U to replace Liverpool in top 4, probably second. City and Arsenal 3/4.

Down will be

Swansea

West Brom

Burnley

Outside bet for relegation is Hull whose mental owner decides to sack Steve Bruce in November and replace him with Dean Windass.

Derby to come up automatically, with Fulham. Middlesbrough do a Burnley from nowhere and go up but through the play offs.

Top 3

Chelsea

Man City

Arsenal

Bottom 3

Saints

West Brom

Burnley

Promoted

Reading

Derby

Fulham

If we make 4 or 5 decent signings before the season I may change my mind, at the moment our squad is way short of what we need to stay up IMO. The spine of our team has left or is leaving, our top scorer is injured, players we wanted rid of are still here, and others who are here clearly don't want to be (Osvaldo, Ramirez).

at the moment our squad is way short of what we need to stay up.

No, we've lost 3 players from a squad that came 8th and already signed big money replacements for 2 of them. The clubs below us last season and the newly promoted ones haven't all overtaken us in squad quality. A few have made some reasonable additions, but lots have also lost or will lose key players.

I predict that when we get beat by Liverpool in the first game, this board will melt down. Again.

Yup

Chelsea to win the league. Man U to replace Liverpool in top 4, probably second. City and Arsenal 3/4.

Down will be

Swansea

West Brom

Burnley

Outside bet for relegation is Hull whose mental owner decides to sack Steve Bruce in November and replace him with Dean Windass.

Derby to come up automatically, with Fulham. Middlesbrough do a Burnley from nowhere and go up but through the play offs.

Oh FFS. What a prat.

Forgot about Fulham. I dunno, that League is a total lottery. Maybe them instead of one the teams I said. Probably Forest.

Top 3

Chelsea

Man City

Arsenal

Bottom 3

Saints

West Brom

Burnley

Promoted

Reading

Derby

Fulham

If we make 4 or 5 decent signings before the season I may change my mind, at the moment our squad is way short of what we need to stay up IMO. The spine of our team has left or is leaving, our top scorer is injured, players we wanted rid of are still here, and others who are here clearly don't want to be (Osvaldo, Ramirez).

About right.

I think we will finish between 16th and 19th with the current squad.

No, we've lost 3 players from a squad that came 8th and already signed big money replacements for 2 of them. The clubs below us last season and the newly promoted ones haven't all overtaken us in squad quality. A few have made some reasonable additions, but lots have also lost or will lose key players.

I don't hugely disagree but really we've lost four (J-Rod for the first few months) and three of those four do represent a very large percentage of our goals. Pelle and Tadic could be great or could be Osvaldo, we don't know yet. I'm just concerned because that's a lots of goals we haven't got any more and those three were really good together a lot of last season.

It's not just losing 3 players though is it. Most importantly we have lost our manager. Lovren and Schneiderlin will probably go as well. Osvaldo and Ramirez clearly don't want to be here. This summer we needed to get rid of the players that are not good enough and build on the squad but we have done neither so far.

A few good signings and I will change my mind but at the moment (which is all we can judge on) we are not good enough.

I'll go out in a limb here and predict that some of you might have a job by August.

Wish I had the time some of you guys obviously have to post drivel.

I'm not looking forward to retirement lets put it that way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not just losing 3 players though is it. Most importantly we have lost our manager. Lovren and Schneiderlin will probably go as well. Osvaldo and Ramirez clearly don't want to be here. This summer we needed to get rid of the players that are not good enough and build on the squad but we have done neither so far.

A few good signings and I will change my mind but at the moment (which is all we can judge on) we are not good enough.

Agreed.

As it stands right now my premier league table is:

Chelsea

City

United

Arsenal

Liverpool

Spurs

Everton

Newcastle

Stoke

West ham

Palace

Saints

Swansea

Hull

Sunderland

Qpr

Villa

Leicester

West brom

Burnley

Cup winners Everton

Promoted Fulham, reading and Wigan

Chelsea - Champions

Arsenal

City

Liverpool

Saints finish - 7th (going optimistic)

to go down:

Hull City (Thanks to Europa)

Villa

Burnley

3 to cup up from the Championship (in any order):

Derby

Wigan

Reading

Relegation fight, eventually finishing around 15th.

We haven't bought enough quality to see a whole season through and appear to be relying on kids given the preseason squad.

Obviously if we buy 6 more players I'll put us up to mid table - but my head tells me we haven't - yet - invested enough to finish above 15th.

Relegation fight, eventually finishing around 15th.

We haven't bought enough quality to see a whole season through and appear to be relying on kids given the preseason squad.

Obviously if we buy 6 more players I'll put us up to mid table - but my head tells me we haven't - yet - invested enough to finish above 15th.

Please list teams (minus last season's top 7) that have improved on their squads overall from the 2013/14 season taking them ahead of Saints meaning we'd drop to 15th.

Please list teams (minus last season's top 7) that have improved on their squads overall from the 2013/14 season taking them ahead of Saints meaning we'd drop to 15th.

Palace, stoke, west ham, Swansea, Sunderland, villa, hull

None of which have lost their best players with their other two stars vocally wanting out. Their managers have stayed also.

Edited by Batman

Palace, stoke, west ham, Swansea, Sunderland, villa, hull

None of which have lost their best players with their other two stars vocally wanting out. Their managers have stayed also.

Swansea under Garry Monk could be a right force next season. And Villa have signed Joe Cole and everything. Oh, I so wish I supported them.

Swansea under Garry Monk could be a right force next season. And Villa have signed Joe Cole and everything. Oh, I so wish I supported them.

Agree. But MLG wanted to know what squads have improved from those domaines below us.

Villa have. Even though signing a household brick would have made an improvement

We will sign a few more exciting and unexpected players before season commences. We will then lose our first couple of games, there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Plenty of personal abuse hurled around resulting in a few permabans. We will end up low mid table having only briefly flirted with relegation slots early on. Mopo will be sacked before christmas. RL will score for Liverpool and we'll all be secretly glad for him. Luke Shaw will finish his pokemon card collection and Lallana will be publicly humiliated by being found attempting autoerotic asphyxiation infront of a full length mirror.

You heard it here first