First Premier League manager to go?

Saint-Armstrong

Sounds like it could be Poyet? Although I'd go with Alan Irvine.

Some quotes from Poyet tonight...

"I sat down with Lee [Congerton - Head of Recruitment] and we had quite a unsuccessful and frustrating chat. I feel that I'm not getting the players that are essential for me to do my job. I said there's something wrong within this club and it's still there, I'm not sure what else I can do to change it."

"I heard that Paolo Di Canio had a similar experience with the last person that was employed to make the transfers and that didn't work out for Sunderland."

"It seems like it's happening all over again. I was promised a few things before I signed my new contract and they are not being delivered. That is frustrating for me and my staff and I now seriously need to take a step back and evaluate my role at the club."

I would place them in this order:

* Monk

* Poyet

* Lambert

* Bruce

* Pardew

* Allardyce

* Irvine

* Redknapp

* Pearson

* Van Gaal

* Koeman

* Dyche

Beyond that I do not anticipate any other managers will face any chance of being sacked....

* I think Poch will be very successful at Spurs and the fans will eventually get behind him.

* I think Rogers will continue to do well at Liverpool, though they will possibly be less successful than last year having lost Suarez.

* Mourinho is a cult hero at Chelsea and a great coach for them.

* Pellegrini will continue to taste success at City - no-one else gets near to their in-depth squad quality!

* Martinez had a great season last year and Everton are a patient club. Even if they are not as successful this time they will be slow at sacking him, unless they descend to being relegation fodder.

* Similarly Stoke's successful season last time will ensure Hughes is given plenty of time Stoke, who rarely sack managers.

* Finally, Crystal Palace will be delighted with their run-in to the season and will not rush to sack Pulis even if they don't do as well this time out.

I think that Roy Keane should be on that list between Irvine and Redknapp.

? So Villa will sack Lambert, appoint Keane full time, then sack him? I suppose it could happen, although as has been said Lerner is a penny pincher and wouldn't want to pay the compo.

Redknapp will be under pressure from the off. QPR basically need to survive in the PL to survive as a club full stop. If they get relegated, they will be hit with such huge fines back in the Championship that they'll likely fold. So if Harry gets off to a poor start, the chairman will have a decision to make – stick, and hope Harry pulls out of it, or get rid and avoid the risk of doing so much damage it can't be undone.

Redknapp will be under pressure from the off. QPR basically need to survive in the PL to survive as a club full stop. If they get relegated, they will be hit with such huge fines back in the Championship that they'll likely fold. So if Harry gets off to a poor start, the chairman will have a decision to make – stick, and hope Harry pulls out of it, or get rid and avoid the risk of doing so much damage it can't be undone.

Every ounce of me hopes that this happens - QPR and Redknapp massively struggle that is. The two are so well suited to each other, complete sh*tters.

Edited by Jack

Poyet is a complete tosspot.

He always uses this tactic. In a few days they will make some sort of big signing most likely.

At Brighton there were a number of times post match that he threatened to quit even just because Journalists asked him if they should have had more shots.

He might be a decent Manager but he is a **** man.

Koeman will be gone before the likes of Redknapp and Bruce. He won't be the first to go but I certainly don't see him making it through the season.

My God there are some negative posters on here, so negative that I can only think they are WUMs. Why on earth do you think that he won't be here?

Some quotes from Poyet ...

"I ......... feel that I'm not getting the players that are essential for me to do my job. I said there's something wrong within this club and it's still there, I'm not sure what else I can do to change it."

"............... I was promised a few things before I signed my new contract and they are not being delivered. That is frustrating for me and my staff and I now seriously need to take a step back and evaluate my role at the club."

A twinge of concern when I read this. Important for Southampton that events don't allow Koeman to feel the same. It seems reasonable to assume he was promised what the fans were promised, more actually because we were told no players would leave whereas Koeman has said he was told that three were going, but we were all told that the squad for the new season would be stronger than last year. There is still time for that to be true but as each day passes the doubts accumulate. At least Koeman will know better than the fans about what is being done and as long as he doesn't feel like Poyet, all should be OK. Koeman has impressed as an open and honest communicator which is a good reason to be positive as long as he is.

Sounds like it could be Poyet? Although I'd go with Alan Irvine.

Some quotes from Poyet tonight...

"I sat down with Lee [Congerton - Head of Recruitment] and we had quite a unsuccessful and frustrating chat. I feel that I'm not getting the players that are essential for me to do my job. I said there's something wrong within this club and it's still there, I'm not sure what else I can do to change it."

"I heard that Paolo Di Canio had a similar experience with the last person that was employed to make the transfers and that didn't work out for Sunderland."

"It seems like it's happening all over again. I was promised a few things before I signed my new contract and they are not being delivered. That is frustrating for me and my staff and I now seriously need to take a step back and evaluate my role at the club."

I know we like to think we are the only club with problems but I am postive that there are others worse off......

Does Poyet's rant make Sunderland the laughing stock of all football or is that still just us?

Didn't Cortese's near exactly the same comments about not being given an acceptable level of investment last year do the same? :mcinnes:

Koeman will be gone before the likes of Redknapp and Bruce. He won't be the first to go but I certainly don't see him making it through the season.

Damn, didn't have you for this comment in the sweepstakes!

Also, nice to see Gus getting his excuses in early. Wish everyone could get things sorted this early, Ralph and Les should take note! :rolleyes:

If he's got any sense, Koeman

If ever there is a lame duck, Southampton is right now

Aren't you supposed to be some sort of budding sports journalist? If so, I have a vacancy at my place for a WUM to irritate the recent student intake. You can practice journalism at lunchtimes.

Aren't you supposed to be some sort of budding sports journalist? If so, I have a vacancy at my place for a WUM to irritate the recent student intake. You can practice journalism at lunchtimes.
Actually maybe I am thinking of the OP, not you - sorry. Still an awful post though.