Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

oh a forum where people voice their opinions, you call it bedwetting, dont you think it a bit childish? It is a different opinion to your own and you cant cope with that. I can see a deterioration of the club I follow and point it out. In your inability to argue your point you have to throw playground names. A bit like the Pompey fans have to shout scummer, a nonsense term and very low brow. Go on doing it, it just shows you up

yep you've got it in one, and I tell you what he'd go, no matter how you believe the board are strong and will rebuff them.Iam quite happy to be a bedwetter it has served me very well in life. i dont have the all is well in my little rosy world, i think ahead and try and steer into calmer waters before the s### hits the fan. others just go headlong ito the carcrash not seeing whats approaching.

So carry on with your schoolground namecalling, it is always a sign of being bullied in your real life

Calm down Nick. I'm just quoting you. Here you are happy to be a bedwetter.

Like SaintRichmond you appear to be arguing with yourself.

Only one person showing himself up here.

It's quite entertaining to see forum members go postal one by one, it's like something suddenly snaps due to the information vacuum we are in. Personally I've transferred my obsession to the totty thread, it feels healthier.

It's quite entertaining to see forum members go postal one by one, it's like something suddenly snaps due to the information vacuum we are in. Personally I've transferred my obsession to the totty thread, it feels healthier.

Stamping their feet?

I think one of the areas where concern is growing is the fact players who have been offered new contracts ie Rodriguez, Fonte and presumably Cork are stalling and with Schneiderlin and Lovren being lined up for an exit that is a hell of a lot of uncertainty with the new season looming. RK is a good manager but he too has to find his feet in the world's most competitive league where "settling-in" time will be at a premium.
It is only the media that say we have offered new contracts, not the players or the club. As a good union man you know not to accept the first offer. You negotiate for the best you can. Keep calm.

yep you've got it in one, and I tell you what he'd go, no matter how you believe the board are strong and will rebuff them.Iam quite happy to be a bedwetter it has served me very well in life. i dont have the all is well in my little rosy world, i think ahead and try and steer into calmer waters before the s### hits the fan. others just go headlong ito the carcrash not seeing whats approaching.

So carry on with your schoolground namecalling, it is always a sign of being bullied in your real life

Calm down Nick. I'm just quoting you. Here you are happy to be a bedwetter.

Like SaintRichmond you appear to be arguing with yourself.

Only one person showing himself up here.

answering for CB Fry, you are confusing yourself you must remember which username to use before replying

answering for CB Fry, you are confusing yourself you must remember which username to use before replying

Oh dear. That old chestnut. Is that the only answer you have left now Nick? Unsubstantiated accusations because you have made a numpty of yourself?

just pointing out your confusion. It is a hot day

You're right, I am confused. Are you 'happy being a bedwetter' but not happy if you are called a bedwetter?

Is it childish to call someone a bedwetter but not childish to call yourself a bedwetter?

This is the sort of thing that keeps me awake at night.

That, and the p**s soaked mattress;)

lets not forget K Billy, well its only fair! And I still like Trousers to the minute updates, so he can stay! Oh, and the red panda can stay as well

Alex Crook blocked me on Twitter this morning so I've lost one of my top notch sources of exclusive hot-off-the-press Saints news now.... ;)

What with being blocked by Neil Allen a few months ago I'm running out of tweets to cut and paste. Just Bobby Davro and Keith Chegwin left now.

Alex Crook blocked me on Twitter this morning so I've lost one of my top notch sources of exclusive hot-off-the-press Saints news now.... ;)

What with being blocked by Neil Allen a few months ago I'm running out of tweets to cut and paste. Just Bobby Davro and Keith Chegwin left now.

...and they're our new centre back pairing

3 weeks to first game, 5 players short, nothing in the wires, and no appartent movement in offloading Osvaldo.

Has uncle Les and the board p*ssed off on holiday, or has the dosh been spirited back to Switzerland and thats yer lot ?

Worried.

Apparently it's difficult talking to players, even our own.

Our first game is on August 17, away, against Liverpool. Has anyone told those in charge of getting a team together?

Is this not a team...?

Boruc

Chambers    Fonte   Lovren(Yoshida)   Clyne(Targett)

Wanyama

Davis       Schneiderlin

Ramirez                             Tadic

Pelle

Left back and centre back may not be ideal, but its far from a disaster. Plus we still have 23 days for further additions before the opening game.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Is this not a team...?

Boruc

Chambers    Fonte   Lovren(Yoshida)   Clyne (Targett)

Wanyama

Davis       Schneiderlin

Pelle

Left back and centre back may not be ideal, but its far from a disaster. Plus we still have 23 days for further additions before the opening game.

Either you really need your bumps felt, or Katharina is paying you.

3 weeks to first game, 5 players short, nothing in the wires, and no appartent movement in offloading Osvaldo.

Has uncle Les and the board p*ssed off on holiday, or has the dosh been spirited back to Switzerland and thats yer lot ?

Worried.

We're trying to get the best possible players which is why it takes longer but it is the right thing to do. What is the point in quickly getting in average players when we have a youth system like ours? Go to pub or something, have some fun in the sun and signings will be here before you know it.

We're are trying to get the best possible players which is the right thing to do. What is the point in quickly getting in average players when we have a youth system like ours? Go to pub or something, have some fun in the sun and signings will be here before you know it.

does that mean pelle and tadic are average. we got them pretty quickly?

Either you really need your bumps felt, or Katharina is paying you.

That team would be perfectly adequate, alright it won't win the league, but that as a starting 11, ignoring the 23 days in which we will see additions to key areas, would not be relegated either. As a starting XI, I would be pretty happy with that.

(and please don't use the pathetic nickname Gashton in your reply)

Don't hold your breath.

Also, just seen this on the ever reliable(!) "football-rumours.co.uk":

24 Jul 2014 09:50:05

Celtic have this morning rejected a £6.5m bid for Virgil van Dijk from Southampton

does that mean pelle and tadic are average. we got them pretty quickly?

Pelle and Tadic both dragged on a bit, and at the time people were moaning about how long it was taking us to sort that. Looking back now it seems as if it was sorted quickly, but the reality is that it was a fair few weeks of will he won't he.

Manager (having Koeman) and clubs willing to sell got them in quickly, although was it that quick? We were probably working on them for 2-3 weeks

"probably" i see

so, have we not been working on transfers all summer then. after all, we knew these players were leaving months ago. we have (and I quote) over 20 scouts world wide watching players and managers in detail so that the turn over of staff is a smooth one

Thats still a decent side and that is without Cork. However you take Lovren out and it looks a hell of a lot more shaky.

True, but if(when) Lovren is sold its hard to see Saints not buying another centre back(maybe even two). Yoshida starting is fine for a bottom half Premier League team, not if we want to maintain a top half finish. If Hooiveld plays its a disaster waiting to happen and he'd be better off at a Championship side.

We are being linked with Lovren replacements, and if we get one of these to sign the Lovren departure may not have a huge impact...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-transfers-virgil-van-dijk-3909641

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-want-stefan-de-vrij-3893127

"probably" i see

so, have we not been working on transfers all summer then. after all, we knew these players were leaving months ago. we have (and I quote) over 20 scouts world wide watching players and managers in detail so that the turn over of staff is a smooth one

and yet we only seem to be signing Dutchmen or players from Holland. I make that about err 19 scouts who aren't pulling their weight. Mind you with some of the crap we've signed in the recent past perhaps it's just as well.

Is this not a team...?

Boruc

Chambers    Fonte   Lovren(Yoshida)   Clyne(Targett)

Wanyama

Davis       Schneiderlin

Pelle

That looks ok to me MLG, i mean it might be a bit Southampton Nil at first unless the new bros settle in quick & if cowman can get something our of "Gashton"(lol!)

You'd be worried tho, wouldn't you MLG, if pre match any of Boruc of Centre Back or Pelle or Tadic or Ramirez is pull up injury!

Kelvin

Chambers Yoshida Hooiveld Clyne

Davis Wanyama Morgan

Mayuka Sharp Isgrove

Edit: If any of the bold bros start i will be immediate bet on Liverpool!

I can remember a few years back when we were a way to Wolves they were on a good run and Saints had a lot of injuries so we had to send a weakened team with a few youngsters in it, no one gave us a chance saying we were going to get stuffed, now didn't we win 6-0. So all this talk of a below par team, give them a chance you never know after a few games together we might upset a few of the big boys, what ever happens I will support Saints, we are Saints fans.lets stop the bickering on here, and look for the positives.

I can remember a few years back when we were a way to Wolves they were on a good run and Saints had a lot of injuries so we had to send a weakened team with a few youngsters in it, no one gave us a chance saying we were going to get stuffed, now didn't we win 6-0. So all this talk of a below par team, give them a chance you never know after a few games together we might upset a few of the big boys, what ever happens I will support Saints, we are Saints fans.lets stop the bickering on here, and look for the positives.

mate, this is the premier league

it is fu'king relentles bar a few games

I would generally put myself in the patient camp regarding saints, but I admit I am getting concerned about us getting deals over the line.

transfer market is tough but I am disappointed we are not further along in the rebuilding process now.

I rate tadic and Pelle but we need more and soon if we are to have any hope of a good start.

ron was a great appointment but there is still a lot of uncertainty around and I think it's going to be a transitional season at best and a relegation fight at worse. We were overpaid for certain transfers and it maybe that we have to do the same to get some key deals done, we are not in a strong bargaining position due to our lack of bodies.