Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

Alex Crook blocked me on Twitter this morning so I've lost one of my top notch sources of exclusive hot-off-the-press Saints news now.... ;)

What with being blocked by Neil Allen a few months ago I'm running out of tweets to cut and paste. Just Bobby Davro and Keith Chegwin left now.

Well then??? What do Bobby and Cheggers have to say about the Saints situation, don't leave us hanging, you tease!

Kelvin

Chambers Yoshida Hooiveld Clyne

Davis Wanyama Morgan

Mayuka Sharp Isgrove

This is so scary that I am starting to get a bit depressed and I honestly try not to about football - in the overall scheme of my life it isn't that important.

I was trying to think who was the last signing we have brought in who 'hit the ground running'? Rickie Lambert maybe, but that was League One. Personally, and I mean I am not basing this on anything, I think we've dropped a massive bollock this season and we be in for a season of struggle and strife. I remember when we were taken over NC et al said the main thing was get the feeling of depression and losing mentality that was evident throughout the club and supporters - using this forum as a barometer (which I admit is not much of one) I'd say it's back. Even the positive views of the upcoming season seem to sound hollow to me when I read them.

Back to the old Saints I think - and it wouldn't surprise me if there were a few of our old big defeats coming up in the next few months - a go old 6-0 or 5-0 here or there.

The shame of it is I believe this could have been stopped - loads of negative newspaper articles and n'er a positive one to be seen - that surely could have been remedied and then dopey interviews given by board members - one a business bull**** speak that we've all heard a thousand times before (thanks Tony Robbins) - and another one saying we weren't a selling club just before we sold two of our biggest stars. Doesn't help does it.

The only information we get seems to be from ITKers and how do you know they know anymore than you do?

Marketing and social media needs beefing up and the first thing is a positive message, followed by positive action.

August 17th is very far away and this would be a tough game with our best team and manager from last season - we could easily lose heavily and I've seen forty years of that thanks.

Signing on players mid-next week (which we won't) isn't really going to placate a lot of fans....

Given the rumour about interest in Van Dijk some might start to wonder that Celtic are for Saints what Saints are for Liverpool.

The back four could easily be same as last year with Maya for Lovren as MLT suggests even today which is not a disaster OR it could be all change with Vlaar and/or De Vrij as well as Dijk joining the Dutch party going on at SMS. And if Morgan decides that is not good enough we might get Clasie as well. So when the Netherlands play international matches its essentially Saints v whoever ;-).

Its starting to feel that this season we going to be singing "oranges" to the tune of "yellows" at some point...(or technically "sinaasappels" - which is dutch for oranges but god knows how you pronounce it!) indeed may I be the first to suggest it and thence take credit for inventing the latest best new terrace chant at SMS and for away matches. Koeman will hear it ans tuern to the crowd singing it and wave, of that ive no doubt. It does not get much better than that for a terrace chant now does it ;-) . Along with "its just like watching Hol-land" these two ideas are my gift to saints fandom. :-)

Kelvin

Davis Wanyama Morgan

Mayuka Sharp Isgrove

This is so scary that I am starting to get a bit depressed and I honestly try not to about football - in the overall scheme of my life it isn't that important.

I was trying to think who was the last signing we have brought in who 'hit the ground running'? Rickie Lambert maybe, but that was League One. Personally, and I mean I am not basing this on anything, I think we've dropped a massive bollock this season and we be in for a season of struggle and strife. I remember when we were taken over NC et al said the main thing was get the feeling of depression and losing mentality that was evident throughout the club and supporters - using this forum as a barometer (which I admit is not much of one) I'd say it's back. Even the positive views of the upcoming season seem to sound hollow to me when I read them.

Back to the old Saints I think - and it wouldn't surprise me if there were a few of our old big defeats coming up in the next few months - a go old 6-0 or 5-0 here or there.

The shame of it is I believe this could have been stopped - loads of negative newspaper articles and n'er a positive one to be seen - that surely could have been remedied and then dopey interviews given by board members - one a business bull**** speak that we've all heard a thousand times before (thanks Tony Robbins) - and another one saying we weren't a selling club just before we sold two of our biggest stars. Doesn't help does it.

The only information we get seems to be from ITKers and how do you know they know anymore than you do?

Marketing and social media needs beefing up and the first thing is a positive message, followed by positive action.

August 17th is very far away and this would be a tough game with our best team and manager from last season - we could easily lose heavily and I've seen forty years of that thanks.

Signing on players mid-next week (which we won't) isn't really going to placate a lot of fans....

Lovren?

Wanyama? Both last season.

Boruc?

Davis?

Clyne?

Cork?

Basically, plenty.

Not a rumour but it would be brilliant if we could churn out some more world-class talent but this time they're actually Southampton fans. Really hope he steps up and fills the void this season. Sign Rojo as a CB and LB cover by all means but give this guy a chance I say! http://www.thefa.com//news/england/development/2014/jul/matt-targett-can-fill-luke-shaw-void?

Edited by Saint IQ

Not a rumour but it would be brilliant if we could churn out some more world-class talent but this time are actually Southampton fans. Really hope he steps up and fills the void this season. Sign Rojo as a CB and LB cover by all means but give this guy a chance I say! http://www.thefa.com//news/england/development/2014/jul/matt-targett-can-fill-luke-shaw-void?

sign RoJo as cover?

Not a rumour but it would be brilliant if we could churn out some more world-class talent but this time they're actually Southampton fans. Really hope he steps up and fills the void this season. Sign Rojo as a CB and LB cover by all means but give this guy a chance I say! http://www.thefa.com//news/england/development/2014/jul/matt-targett-can-fill-luke-shaw-void?

Sounds like Targett isn't expecting to start that many games judging by his goals for the season. Re-assuring that it sounds like the plan isn't to rely on him

Alex Crook blocked me on Twitter this morning so I've lost one of my top notch sources of exclusive hot-off-the-press Saints news now.... ;)

What with being blocked by Neil Allen a few months ago I'm running out of tweets to cut and paste. Just Bobby Davro and Keith Chegwin left now.

He may have blocked you, but he follows me.

Me >>> You :p :toppa:

I don't think he is mate.... Plays Centre Back a lot

I think he is mate. check his wiki page and other articles.

he played left back for argentina all through the world cup, ffs

he is a left back who can play CB

probably like yoshida who is a CB who can play left back.

Just because he played Left Back through the world cup doesn't mean its his natural postion. Kuyt must be a wing back as well then! :mcinnes:

Check his Wiki page? :facepalm:

Nothing like yoshida, he is terrible at fullback. Rojo is equally adaptable at both roles, like a Gallas or Maldini.

Just because he played Left Back through the world cup doesn't mean its his natural postion. Kuyt must be a wing back as well then! :mcinnes:

Check his Wiki page? :facepalm:

Nothing like yoshida, he is terrible at fullback. Rojo is equally adaptable at both roles, like a Gallas or Maldini.

ok, you clearly dont bother to look up players...

During his time at Estudiantes, Rojo won a Copa Libertadores and an Argentine Primera Division title. The defender spent most matches at left back and developed a reputation as a capable attacker, scoring his first goal in a 2–1 defeat against LDU Quito in the 2010 Recopa Sudamericana.

Out of that back line, no single member enhanced his profile as much as Marcos Rojo. The Sporting left-back is now in the view of some of Europe's most prestigious clubs.

Similarly to Branislav Ivanovic, Rojo has the ability to fill in at centre-back when required but is at home at full-back, and fits Chelsea’s defensive style as a solid player that prioritises stability over attacking adventure.

Not that the Argentinian can’t be a threat at the other end of the pitch, though, scoring four league goals last season according to WhoScored.com and being a key outlet on Sporting’s left side.

Chelsea are interested in signing Argentina and Sporting Lisbon left back Marcos Rojo, according to reports in Portugal.

Rojo is a similarly flexible option, who is a left-back and has learned the centre-back over the course of his career. The 24-year-old has impressed for Argentina in Brazil and is at the right age to make the step up from the Portuguese league, where he plies his trade with Nani's former club Sporting. United are still looking for reinforcements in defence and so Rojo could be the perfect target.
Edited by Batman

Christ it is quiet on the transfers front isn't it?!

I know Guan said the transfer team would be turning into a pannacotta, or perineum or whatever, but damn.

Only saving grace is that we've got 3 weeks to the first game, and not many sides have done huge amounts of business yet.

I know Guan said the transfer team would be turning into a pannacotta, or perineum or whatever, but damn.

Only saving graces is that we've got 3 weeks to the first game, and not many sides have done huge amounts of business yet.

Except that we're playing one of the clubs who have done a bit of business already. Perhaps we should write that game off because we'll surely get stuffed and consider our season open at the second game.

Except that we're playing one of the clubs who have done a bit of business already. Perhaps we should write that game off because we'll surely get stuffed and consider our season open at the second game.

Or consider it to be our best chance to get points against a team whose players have not yet gelled.

Liverpool away isn't normally a game we would pencil in for 3 points is it. Anything we get when we go there is always seen as a bonus.

I was trying to think who was the last signing we have brought in who 'hit the ground running'?

Lovren was awesome from day one. Wanyama took maybe 4/5 games before he looked decent and was clearly doing his job very well, but even then, we didn't have a bad start to the season. Don't remember Clyne struggling when he first joined us - yes he has improved but he was never bad. Don't think Yoshida was anything but his usual self after he joined us either - could you argue he has got better or worse?

So the new boys coming in aren't necessarily awful every time they play in the Prem league. Besides, we may sign some ex Prem players yet who won't need time to settle/get used to the pace etc

Apologies Tom28, didn't read far enough ahead to see you had already addressed David's point.

Not sure Boruc's start was that great though, especially counting his bottle throwing incident and subsequent club enforced "suspension"

You don't sign a World Cup finalist and not start him every game.

Interesting point. Personally I think Mertesaker (does he count?) is pony and I wouldn't break up the Lovren/Fonte partnership to play him. But if Lovren goes, and he will, maybe my opinion would change.

Only saving grace is that we've got 3 weeks to the first game, and not many sides have done huge amounts of business yet.

Although no team has royally ****ed up and sold 3 possibly 5 (Morgan, Lovren)of there best players

Kelvin

Davis Wanyama Morgan

Mayuka Sharp Isgrove

Why have you left existing first team squad members Boruc, Ward-Prowse, Pelle, Cork, Tadic, Ramirez and Fonte out of this team?

I can understand leaving Lovren and Osvaldo out.

Why have you left existing first team squad members Boruc, Ward-Prowse, Pelle, Cork, Tadic, Ramirez and Fonte out of this team?

I can understand leaving Lovren and Osvaldo out.

I think he's quoting my example line up which was sposed to demonstrate that about half the first choice team, even if they lost a leg in a freak dogging accident you would still sooner play them than the next reserve!

I think he's quoting my example line up which was sposed to demonstrate that about half the first choice team, even if they lost a leg in a freak dogging accident you would still sooner play them than the next reserve!

Ah, I see your dodgy team above - there are still loads of players not listed though. Any team's going to look crap with a pile of first teamers missing - we did last season too.

We have arrived at the New Moon tomorrow. Schneiderlin returns this weekend. Time for movement

1)Cardiff's interest in Fonte is surely linked with our bid for Marshall where they must prefer Fonte plus ready cash.

2) Depending on the Cardiff situation the offer for Forster is for real or red herring and perhaps originally a cover for us signing Van Dikj or indeed signing both Forster and Van Dikj.

3) Surely we aren't waiting to Schneiderlin to jump ship before completing a deal for Vaar and/or Van Dikj. We need players to ensure Schneiderlin stays.

4) Allowing Fonte to go, whereas unpopular does make good business as long as we sign strong replacements. However it might be what has the remaining players jumping ship too.

*** RE: Saint Charlie. The fact that he's lost all control over himself and fails to enact his promises to many of us, just shows how serious his situation is. Soon, they'll be coming in white jackets to take him away. Playing Cherries tonight must be an enormous wrench on whether he supports his first love or Saints. It may send him over the edge.

4) If

Thanks art, you think probably Sunday or Monday would be a good time for new signings i mean with respect to moon law? It's good that the club are on top of this, i spose this is why guan has been suggesting we need to wait 1-2 weeks for new moon to kick in?

Lovren was awesome from day one. Wanyama took maybe 4/5 games before he looked decent and was clearly doing his job very well, but even then, we didn't have a bad start to the season. Don't remember Clyne struggling when he first joined us - yes he has improved but he was never bad. Don't think Yoshida was anything but his usual self after he joined us either - could you argue he has got better or worse?

So the new boys coming in aren't necessarily awful every time they play in the Prem league. Besides, we may sign some ex Prem players yet who won't need time to settle/get used to the pace etc

Wanyama was excellent at WBA in the first game, then had a few dodgy games.

Hiya! Did you miss me?

Been mourning the old Debbie Harry, having seen the 68 year old version at Glasto.

I arranged a hit on my source. As his Gonads were being fed to him he did say "but I was right. We now know who we are signing. All the details came out late Tuesday & Wednesday"

Oh thanks a farking bunch, which ONES came out fell on his now decapitated ears

Oh well back to Eid celebrations

Barbarella on DVD tonight methinks

Talksaints on twitter reckon Chambers has completed a medical at Arsenal. Can't see why they'd need him, having signed Debuchy and already having Jenkinson (I know Chambers is better than Jenkinson but we would surely want big money for Chambers and I can't see why Arsenal would pay big money for a back up to Debuchy when they have adequate cover already)

Hiya! Did you miss me?

Been mourning the old Debbie Harry, having seen the 68 year old version at Glasto.

I arranged a hit on my source. As his Gonads were being fed to him he did say "but I was right. We now know who we are signing. All the details came out late Tuesday & Wednesday"

68 ? the old Debby Harry wouldn't have wanted to see 68, let alone 69 which she now is.

Must have missed those details on Tuesday or Wednesday then.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Talksaints on twitter reckon Chambers has completed a medical at Arsenal. Can't see why they'd need him, having signed Debuchy and already having Jenkinson (I know Chambers is better than Jenkinson but we would surely want big money for Chambers and I can't see why Arsenal would pay big money for a back up to Debuchy when they have adequate cover already)

Whether or not he has traveled to bournemouth will quickly confirm or deny that then

Jenkinson is being farmed out to err Leicester or something like that, can't remember what French Gooner35672 or whatever actually told me, apart from the fact that he knows Thierry Henry that is,grew up on the same estate; never lets you forget that.

Jenkinson is being farmed out to err Leicester or something like that, can't remember what French Gooner35672 or whatever actually told me, apart from the fact that he knows Thierry Henry that is,grew up on the same estate; never lets you forget that.

If it's true then I really will start to worry about the state of our club if we cannot keep Chambers.

Hiya! Did you miss me?

Bloody hell Phil, Debbie Harry was already rough as ar5eholes when she launched her solo career in 1989. That was 25 years ago.

It is not Talksaints' info, it is lifted from this and talksaints retweeted it and then made his own tweet...

Mike_Hughes_Business @TheAFCMovement · 21m

Calum Chambers medical done today#arsenal#afc

https://twitter.com/TheAFCMovement

A random Arsenal fan with 400 followers, i.e. complete ********.

according to bloke who posted this on twitter, Chambers had his medical at Arsenal at 1PM today.

plenty of time to get down to Bournemouth by this evening then, last kick-about with the lads and all that. The Arse are playing New York Red Bulls either this evening or tomorrow I think, they won't need him before mid next week.

plenty of time to get down to Bournemouth by this evening then, last kick-about with the lads and all that. The Arse are playing New York Red Bulls either this evening or tomorrow I think, they won't need him before mid next week.

Do you think we'd risk him with a £13m deal ready to be done?