Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

Thank you mods. If we are after another 4-5 new players then Koeman will surely want most of them on board for at least 2 of the remaining friendly games to work on team shape and roles.

So after Bournemouth game on Friday we have 2 planned games left before Liverpool game. So by this time next week I fully expect at least 3 players in.

Forster

Redmond

Centre Back

Then LB and Fwd to follow.

Probably wont happen like this mind you.

I think he sees as as a step down. Cant be worse than bench warming every game can we?

He's rubbish anyway, I'd rather have Ings. Shame we didn't go in for Bojan since he was cheap, I'd rather have him on the bench then Gallagher, Sharp or Mayuka. I guess his wages must be pretty high though.

Rojo is the most important for me. Are the links real or just a hope?

He's very good and could get better. Wouldn't miss Shaw and would have cover at CB. Would show ambition and help convince other players. About as likely as de Vrij I imagine so not getting hopes up. But if we can get one why not both.

Can't help but think (and hope) that Guan's last comment is a reference to Rojo: "The fifth [signing] depends on the quality of the fourth, and their ability to play a second position."

Is Rojo a CB first LB second, or the other way round?

Rojo is the most important for me. Are the links real or just a hope?

He's very good and could get better. Wouldn't miss Shaw and would have cover at CB. Would show ambition and help convince other players. About as likely as de Vrij I imagine so not getting hopes up. But if we can get one why not both.

I have a strong hunch that its genuine, due in part to wishful thinking. But I do believe he ticks every box for the type of player we look to sign.

Can't help but think (and hope) that Guan's last comment is a reference to Rojo: "The fifth [signing] depends on the quality of the fourth, and their ability to play a second position."

I'm pretty sure he plays CB for club, LB for country. I reckon if we were to get him he'd be played at LB but only if we are to get another CB as well, which he could cover for giving Targett more experience

that could be many players. Danny Fox could play in a couple of positions, well a couple of managers tried it.

I'm pretty sure he plays CB for club, LB for country. I reckon if we were to get him he'd be played at LB but only if we are to get another CB as well, which he could cover for giving Targett more experience

It would be nice if we got an update from the mgt

We don't need names but it would be good if they actually gave us a clue as to what they were about

It seems the fans are just expected to pay up and leave it to uncle les

Sheesh can the mgt ever manage to get a player to stay or sign someone ?

What does Ralph actually do?

Seems we will be putting the kids out this season

I've been told by friends of Ings that he really wants to come here. Not much of a rumour I know but these lads from Hamble talk to him quite often and have told me he wants to come.

I really want him here. Something like this would work, especially at home:

(3-5-2)

Boruc

Fonte, (New CB), Yoshida

Clyne, Scneiderlin, Tadic, Wanyama, (New LWB)

Pelle, Ings

I've been told by friends of Ings that he really wants to come here. Not much of a rumour I know but these lads from Hamble talk to him quite often and have told me he wants to come.

To be fair, that fits in with all the titbits we have heard, get the impression he wants to do it right though! Might need to wait for Deeny to go to Burnley

To be fair, that fits in with all the titbits we have heard, get the impression he wants to do it right though! Might need to wait for Deeny to go to Burnley

seems right

he will wait for burnley to get a replacement before leaving

IF it is to happen then I imagine that it would only be announced once they have a replacement. Deeny seems to be in the £8-10m range - I will confess to not knowing Burnley's finances and whether they can easily afford that, but I imagine that it would be nicer for them to have us finance all/most/some of it through Ings.

Feyenoord have told RK that they are not selling anymore players...

I want us to sign 2 new CB's if Lovern goes, at the end of last season before all our players wanted out, most agreed that Fonte needs replacing, nothing has changed he's still our weakest link in defence (if we get Rojo for LB). If we play 3 at the back he would be ok but i think we're going to be playing 433 mainly since we're making good use of our young wingers this pre season.

I thought Reed said we would re invest all incoming money back into the team. If that was true we shouldn't need to wait for players to leave.

We need signings and for the good of everyone we need them soon.

I believe he did say that yes, but investing in the team is a pretty broad statement, paying off old debt would be investing in the team wouldn't it?

So far since the regime change we have sold for about 60 million £, there are probably another 41 at least to come. Doubt if we'll spend 101 million £ on players in this window. It would just go against the home produced grain.

Edited by Window Cleaner

That's the worst kind!

Edit: Erm oh yeah transfer news I've heard we're signing new player TODAY! Not sure on details, think it's a goalkeeper.

It is this EM Forster bloke? Great writer

So Dubai Phil was talking Bollix the other night I suppose

Think we will have to wait a bit longer for further signings as nothing I have read recently indicates an imminent signing which is a little sad

I think we will get some decent players eventually

That's the worst kind!

Edit: Erm oh yeah transfer news I've heard we're signing new player TODAY! Not sure on details, think it's a goalkeeper.

I didn't make the ad bear, it's genuinely what it said. Hoping it's not Google smart add that knows something I don't.

talkSAINTS ‏@talkSAINTS 1h

Rumours suggesting that @CalumChambers95 could be on his way to Arsenal. Strongly hope not, great player, very promising future. #Saintsfc

Glad that it's coming from that twitter account. What rumours are those then?

talkSAINTS ‏@talkSAINTS 1h

Rumours suggesting that @CalumChambers95 could be on his way to Arsenal. Strongly hope not, great player, very promising future. #Saintsfc

Would seem strange timing given the Debuchy signing as well as Arsenal trying to/having signed another backup RB.

Would seem strange timing given the Debuchy signing as well as Arsenal trying to/having signed another backup RB.

Think they've given up on Jenkinson and want a back-up for Debuchy. Heard they'd given up on Chambers though and were looking at an Italian. Still with the Arse you never know where they stand, they use a scatter gun technique and then see who they eventually ground. They also like to feign disinterest to see if that brings them any advantage in negociations.

From the old topic, but still wanted to reply on it.

Said it in another forum but what if we could strike a deal with Feyenoord that when we make deals and buy one or two more players from them they can get two youngsters over on a years loan.

If we´re going to play a more dutch style now that can be a great experience for them as well as getting better/tougher games than they do in the U21-games.

I´m sure we have youngsters that are just the level below PL and not quite ready for it but would make a good job in Eredivisie.

I'm happy we have some friends that like to help 'us', but something tells me Feyenoord isn't going to help you guys develop your players. ;)

Feyenoord's youth system is probably one of the best in Europe (top 10 at least). I don't think it would be an added value for us to get some english

Feyenoord are still not that strong financially so they get money for selling players and dont have to pay other than the wages for the youngsters going to them and they aren´t usually on a high salary...

And it´s not to suggest as to them becoming a feeder club, we would still pay them good money for the players. Just to help them in a situation right now when their players are attracting a lot of interest.

Even if players like Clasie, Kongolo, De Vrij etc will move to us, they will still lose this players eventually..

Actually, Feyenoord is one of the most financially healthy clubs in holland since we sold some players this summer. No we're not going to buy expensive players, the team rather tries do develop its own players. Although it will probably take another year or 2 to get back to full strength after this transfer window.

From the old topic, but still wanted to reply on it.

I'm happy we have some friends that like to help 'us', but something tells me Feyenoord isn't going to help you guys develop your players. ;)

Feyenoord's youth system is probably one of the best in Europe (top 10 at least). I don't think it would be an added value for us to get some english

Actually, Feyenoord is one of the most financially healthy clubs in holland since we sold some players this summer. No we're not going to buy expensive players, the team rather tries do develop its own players. Although it will probably take another year or 2 to get back to full strength after this transfer window.

And an excellent reply it is. Serious question and not meant to **** you off but how does your youth system rank against Ajax?