Calum Chambers - Done Deal - Official

washsaint

Perhaps Chambers has a top 4/5 or Champs league side release clause?

He signed his 4 year contract before he had even played a PL game. Would be mental and extremely arrogant on his behalf if he was requesting release clauses in it before he signed his first professional contract with us. Don't think it is likely.

He signed his 4 year contract before he had even played a PL game. Would be mental and extremely arrogant on his behalf if he was requesting release clauses in it before he signed his first professional contract with us. Don't think it is likely.

Dont under estimate the pushy parent? Perhaps im clutching at straws....

The theory of a rumour clause is b******ks, spun by dimwits and dinlows.

For starters, they're almost always reported on by the media (btw Utd finished 7th for those claiming Shaw had one) and in many cases have a fee attached that doesn't explain the haggling that's gone on.

As a matter of principle, putting a release clause into the contract of a 19 year old squad player would make no sense - they're concessions, typically in the contracts of established players who've outgrown the club in and have had their arm twisted to extend their contract.

I'd agree with that regarding Chambers, but with all the paper talk prior to Shaw signing a deal with us you can see possibly a clause being written into his contract. Agents aren't daft. That said I can't see it having been £30m, so suspect there wasn't one there either.

The kid was here such a short time don't even think I heard him interviewed......

Unless we a) reinvest the money wisely and quickly or b) are given clarity on our financial situation I feel like burning my season ticket

Saw him in many interviews, spoke very well. Gutted he's gone so early. Future England captain potential IMO

The kid was here such a short time don't even think I heard him interviewed......

Unless we a) reinvest the money wisely and quickly or b) are given clarity on our financial situation I feel like burning my season ticket

He was interviewed - spoke about Saints current/former crop of academy prospects wanting to match, if not better United's class of 92....

That would make sense, but of course there's then a massive profit when they're sold to Man Utd for £27m, or whatever.

They're still given a book value on the register. An asset has a value as an asset even when it's fully written down or written off. I'd imagine that players will have their NBV adjusted once a year for audit purposes at a minimum but their 'cost' will still remain as zero if they're home-grown.

The profits are just that - profits.

The theory of a rumour clause is b******ks, spun by dimwits and dinlows.

For starters, they're almost always reported on by the media (btw Utd finished 7th for those claiming Shaw had one) and in many cases have a fee attached that doesn't explain the haggling that's gone on.

As a matter of principle, putting a release clause into the contract of a 19 year old squad player would make no sense - they're concessions, typically in the contracts of established players who've outgrown the club in and have had their arm twisted to extend their contract.

Yea it's bollix but another way to diminish responsibility of the board and to blame Cortese.

It will be written as fact in weeks time.

I see two possible theories given previous club statements:-

1) Koeman really doesn't rate our players, even though everyone else seems to.

2) The club staff are lying out of their fúcking arses.

I see two possible theories given previous club statements:-

1) Koeman really doesn't rate our players, even though everyone else seems to.

2) The club staff are lying out of their fúcking arses.

Or

3) More of our players are attractive to top clubs than thought and the idea of moving and earning a big signing on fee and a ton more cash, at age 19, means they cant wait to leave

Really do not understand this one, perhaps it came so far out of left field that it has shocked and surprised me more than any of the others and I had hoped he would be an integral part of our side for many years.

I wish the lad well but flippin 'eck I just don't get why !!

Retweeted by Tim Koeman

Süleyman Öztürk ‏@SuleyOzturk 5m

Southampton heeft ook een bod ontvangen op de toiletjuffrouw. Arme Ronald Koeman.

Translation:

Southampton has also received an offer on the toilet lady. Poor Ronald Koeman.

Les Reed: “Our position remains unchanged in that we are determined to keep our best young players at the club.”

What an absolute load of horrendous bull****. Save us the **** take Les, you'll be facing a mutiny if this carries on.

Does anyone honestly think we will have anything like team spirit or any cohesion come August 16th? Playing 45 minutes per team doesn't help either.

Just 2 games left to get some real game time in, what an effing joke we are right now.

Agree with others that this sale is the worst so far. Opinions may differ but for me he was our first choice right back. He will be an England regular within a few years, I have no doubt about this. Hopefully this re-investment happens sooner rather than later. We have been riding on a big wave of momentum for the past few season with the back to back promotions and the rise up the league. With the players that were the heartbeat of that now gone its going to be a very interesting season that's for sure.

Wish Chambers all the best. Up The Saints.

Reedy talking about the need to remain patient.

I think fans have been patient enough and many have paid hundreds of pounds for a season ticket only to see the squad ripped apart.

Hard to keep the players but easy to have more of a plan then we have shown this summer.

“Calum made it clear to us that he did not see his future at Southampton. As such, it was crucial that we were able to negotiate a substantial fee that also reflects the work our staff have put into Calum’s development since he joined the club at the age of eight.

Ok, so he wanted to go, so it was then crucial we sold him? How about you just sit him down and say no. Nice one. Good determination their Les, absoloutly breathtaking.

They're taking us for fools.

No malice to the guy on this one though, good opportunity for him and I hope he does well, he gets lumped in the Lambert/Shaw bucket.

Funny to think his last match for us was when he scored his 1st goal for us.

Might change my stance as I've just read the statement and he requested to leave as he didn't see his future with us anymore.

Sounds like a tap up and request to move approach used for everyone except Rickie.

F.uck it Rickie your the only one in your bucket now Shaw is also out.

So as far as I can see, the club have decided if someone asks for one of our players then we say okay how much irrespective of how it effects the team or what we could get by being patient, i agree this is alarming. It would have been far more profitable to hold onto Chambers for another season and this is the first true indication of the rumoured fire sale/asset strip. Bet saggy chops wishes he was here now, he's be making Rosie a fortune in all this transfer dealing. I'm giving the club two weeks to get some new faces over the line with all this money otherwise i'm joining the mongs and going hyper wobble.

Does anyone honestly think we will have anything like team spirit or any cohesion come August 16th? Playing 45 minutes per team doesn't help either.

Just 2 games left to get some real game time in, what an effing joke we are right now.

Thats exactly it, people keep talking about on paper we should have enough with certain players to stay up. The fact is we have NO TARGETS (of position), NO STABILITY and NO COHESION. That automatically has us playing catch up even against the newly promoted teams.

“Calum made it clear to us that he did not see his future at Southampton. As such, it was crucial that we were able to negotiate a substantial fee that also reflects the work our staff have put into Calum’s development since he joined the club at the age of eight.

Ok, so he wanted to go, so it was then crucial we sold him? How about you just sit him down and say no. Nice one. Good determination their Les, absoloutly breathtaking.

They're taking us for fools.

I still don't get it - is Reed saying the moment a player wants to leave they can?