Our club is a joke

Saint Garrett

This thread is making some posters look proper c u n t s and it isn't the summer time bed wetters.

It is, actually.

I've got no problem with threads like this being bumped. If people are going to make Mystic Meg predictions of any sort then they shouldn't be surprised if it comes back at them. Besides, anyone who can't hold their hands up and say "yep, fair play, I got that one wrong" takes themselves far too seriously. Everyone makes a bad call from time to time. It's much better to just admit it and laugh about it rather than getting all precious about someone bringing it up again.

Haha, people just can't take a joke can they? It amazes me how we are all faceless entities on a board, yet some people are so up themselves and so proud that they can't hold their hands up and admit they were wrong. It's as if they think this place is soooo serious that if they did admit they were wrong people would look down on them.

It's football, t's a passionate thing. I am absolutely delighted how we've started and never expected to have a start as good as this and full credit to the club. I hope it continues all season and we win the league, but he people saying "haha look at the bedwetters" weren't worried when we had lost 5 very good players, our chairman, captain and manager, and it looked like our best player (Morgan) was also going to leave. In hindsight it looks like a pretty good summer, but I was certainly worried about our prem status when this thread was started.

It's football, t's a passionate thing. I am absolutely delighted how we've started and never expected to have a start as good as this and full credit to the club. I hope it continues all season and we win the league, but he people saying "haha look at the bedwetters" weren't worried when we had lost 5 very good players, our chairman, captain and manager, and it looked like our best player (Morgan) was also going to leave. In hindsight it looks like a pretty good summer, but I was certainly worried about our prem status when this thread was started.

Good to hear mate! Onwards and upwards!

I have to say I was worried to a degree, who wouldn't be. The Chambers transfer was and still is a bit of a strange decision. The rest I could see the reason for the sales.

I think being drunk when you posted also didn't help!!

If I said somethng ridiculous to my mates in the pub before I game I'd sure as hell expect them to bring it up 6 months later and have a go at me for it. No different here. One of mine once said during an U18 game that McGoldrick would be better than Walcott. We still mention it. He laughs at his idiocy then moves on.

As I have a tendency to kill threads, perhaps this will be the last post. :-)

I don't think I posted much in the summer - was worrying a lot, along with much of us. I resented people who said 'keep the faith' as much as those, many of whom who have responded vociferously to bumps, who were being d1 ckish.

There are two kinds of response to 'bed wetters' - ignore, or become embroiled in their anger/emotional immaturity. We are about to kick off, and I am incredibly excited, as always - this is what watching a football match should be like. Even if we were doing shiite. Always the hope, always the anticipation. What will happen? WE DON'T KNOW!!! None of us know.

As I have a tendency to kill threads, perhaps this will be the last post. :-)

I don't think I posted much in the summer - was worrying a lot, along with much of us. I resented people who said 'keep the faith' as much as those, many of whom who have responded vociferously to bumps, who were being d1 ckish.

There are two kinds of response to 'bed wetters' - ignore, or become embroiled in their anger/emotional immaturity. We are about to kick off, and I am incredibly excited, as always - this is what watching a football match should be like. Even if we were doing shiite. Always the hope, always the anticipation. What will happen? WE DON'T KNOW!!! None of us know.

Way to kill a thread with a reasoned post. Jeez.

Fair enough, the thread was bumped once, posters had their mongboard moment in the sun.

But to repeatedly bump the same thread in such a short space of time is not particularly fun. It's just plain weird.

I agree. There are plenty of other misguided posts to bump. This one has had its day.