Will this be the best transfer window for Saints ever?

Mallagroth

So basically , in summary:

the summer saw a bunch of saints fans behave like a bunch of Tw*** by reacting pretty much how the majority in football and football media responded....now those first class brains who did not respond in this tw**ish way are behaving like a bunch a Tw**s in pointing out how others behaved like a bunch of Tw*** in the summer?

Therefore logic dictates we are all a bunch of Tw***. Quad Erat Demonstrandum

the summer saw a bunch of saints fans behave like a bunch of Tw*** by reacting pretty much how the majority in football and football media responded....now those first class brains who did not respond in this tw**ish way are behaving like a bunch a Tw**s in pointing out how others behaved like a bunch of Tw*** in the summer?

In summary you spent the summer grizzling like a toddler.

In summary you spent the summer grizzling like a toddler.

Yep very true, was worried. you on the other hand spent not just summer, but pretty much all the time behaving like a Tw*t. we all look forward to when you actually make a constructive contribution or express an actual opinion.

Tell me, did you have to practice for a long to time to perfect the miserable grumpy as feck personna, as you make it appear so natural?

Yep very true, was worried. you on the other hand spent not just summer, but pretty much all the time behaving like a Tw*t. we all look forward to when you actually make a constructive contribution or express an actual opinion.

Tell me, did you have to practice for a long to time to perfect the miserable grumpy as feck personna, as you make it appear so natural?

The pubs are open, then.

Some are keeping their powder dry... and mattresses

Yep very true' date=' was worried. [/quote']

We were all either worried\annoyed\seriously piissed off at some stage (I still think selling Chambers was a mistake). However, a number listened to what was being said by the board and manager and decided to wait for Sept 1st instead of throwing a hissy fit every 5mins only to be told, over & over again, that we were blinkered, stooges & fools.

Those who threw the hissy fits and the insults are now feeling a tad precious when being pulled up for it.

The pubs are open, then.

haha you just cant help but make and even bigger fool of yourself everytime you open your mouth. No thats wrong, i made a fool out of myself reacting a bit emotionally to the summer turmoil... i can live with that. you on the other hand just make yourself look like an Tw*t. Not only one that thinks that is actually funny, but one that needs to use second hand material (it was lame the first time Turks used it.... ) get yourself some originl to say, and you might be worth listening to...

haha you just cant help but make and even bigger fool of yourself everytime you open your mouth. No thats wrong' date=' i made a fool out of myself reacting a bit emotionally to the summer turmoil... i can live with that. you on the other hand just make yourself look like an Tw*t. Not only one that thinks that is actually funny, but one that needs to use second hand material (it was lame the first time Turks used it.... ) get yourself some originl to say, and you might be worth listening to...[/quote']

Calling me and other people "tw ats" is astonishingly original, I'll give you that. Such wit and insight. A tough ask four pints in but you are smashing it.

At least Frank is accurate with his assessment, you, on the otherhand, are fishing.

If "we are all a bunch of tw ats" is what passes for an "accurate assessment" for you then I think you are easily satisfied.

You might want to read VFTT's for a far more accurate assessment of what actually happened.

Therefore logic dictates we are all a bunch of Tw***. QuadErat Demonstrandum

Quod

Edited by Whitey Grandad

If "we are all a bunch of tw ats" is what passes for an "accurate assessment" for you then I think you are easily satisfied.

You might want to read VFTT's for a far more accurate assessment of what actually happened.

Sorry, I misread the post. I thought Frank was referring to you as being a t*at - easy mistakea to makea.

We were all either worried\annoyed\seriously piissed off at some stage (I still think selling Chambers was a mistake). However, a number listened to what was being said by the board and manager and decided to wait for Sept 1st instead of throwing a hissy fit every 5mins only to be told, over & over again, that we were blinkered, stooges & fools.

Those who threw the hissy fits and the insults are now feeling a tad precious when being pulled up for it.

Or in the case of Franks cousin, still throwing insults.

I'm no fan of CB Fry, I find him a little over obsessed with what other people post, but how can you say he didn't express an opinion of his own? He posted on this thread that he thought we'd do okay and that the squad would come together by the winter. He was right and the people who were right on this thread were given quite a bit of abuse. Why shouldn't they be allowed to bring this back in the light of things?

You may have a valid argument for him being a ****, but you make a fool of yourself and weaken your point when you don't stick to what's right.

I like this thread being brought back, I think too many people have destructive kneejerk reactions and are quite unpleasant in expressing them, this is a way of trying to hold that in check. It may be harmless in football, but maybe it can carry over to silly kneejerk reactions to all sorts of things they are ill-informed about, such as immigration, "political correctness" and many other topics we see on SWF.

haha you just cant help but make and even bigger fool of yourself everytime you open your mouth. No thats wrong' date=' i made a fool out of myself reacting a bit emotionally to the summer turmoil... i can live with that. you on the other hand just make yourself look like an Tw*t. Not only one that thinks that is actually funny, but one that needs to use second hand material (it was lame the first time Turks used it.... ) get yourself some originl to say, and you might be worth listening to...[/quote']

You tend to 'make a fool out of yourself reacting emotionally' on quite a regular basis Franco. To name but 3 occasions for starters Only the other day you devoted all your posts for the day telling me what a c*ck I am. Today we have your expletive filled rant at CB and who could forget your drunken rage that famous Sunday evening. 'Making a fool out of yourself reacting emotionally' seems to be par the course for you me ol' china.

You tend to 'make a fool out of yourself reacting emotionally' on quite a regular basis Franco. To name but 3 occasions for starters Only the other day you devoted all your posts for the day telling me what a c*ck I am. Today we have your expletive filled rant at CB and who could forget your drunken rage that famous Sunday evening. 'Making a fool out of yourself reacting emotionally' seems to be par the course for you me ol' china.

Uhm.. let me think about this ... 'reacting emotionally and making a fool out of myself' on a football web forum? Yep, happy to oblige you ol' china - not really fussed about doing that, although you seem to place rather a lot of significance on this place with such high expectations.... but on a more serious note, do you and Fry really think your running alcoholism joke is something appropriate for your snidey mocking? I am lucky Turks, I don't have a problem, in fact I don't drink that often so its no surprise that a couple of glasses of wine and I can be of ranting with the best of them... so not fussed about that either. But as I have said to you before, I do know folks who have seen their lives completely shattered by that disease - seen the effect its had on their families, kids - and its not really a laughing matter IMHO. If you and Fry believe it is, well that says more about your characters than anything else - and demonstrates that, yeah, co*k and Tw*t are quite appropriate and as such the pair of you go well together.

Uhm.. let me think about this ... 'reacting emotionally and making a fool out of myself' on a football web forum? Yep' date=' happy to oblige you ol' china - not really fussed about doing that, although you seem to place rather a lot of significance on this place with such high expectations.... but on a more serious note, do you and Fry really think your running alcoholism joke is something appropriate for your snidey mocking? I am lucky Turks, I don't have a problem, in fact I don't drink that often so its no surprise that a couple of glasses of wine and I can be of ranting with the best of them... so not fussed about that either. But as I have said to you before, I do know folks who have seen their lives completely shattered by that disease - seen the effect its had on their families, kids - and its not really a laughing matter IMHO. If you and Fry believe it is, well that says more about your characters than anything else - and demonstrates that, yeah, co*k and Tw*t are quite appropriate and as such the pair of you go well together.[/quote']

'I don't have a problem'

'I don't drink that often'

They all say that......

Getting back to the original question....... I think without doubt our best ever transfer window: by a long, long way!

Koeman > Pochettino

Foster > Boruc

Bertrand > Shaw (at this moment in time)

Toby > Lovren

Tadic/Mane > Lallana

Pelle > Lambert

And with 40 million in profit!

Unbelievable team, unbelievable manager, unbelievable season. Feel very vindicated with the "wait and see" approach as opposed to the vicious knee jerk reactions by so many on here in the summer.

'I don't have a problem'

'I don't drink that often'

They all say that......

If in your small and to be honest rather pathetic mind a glass of wine or a pint once or twice a week is a problem, then yeah, best get over to the AA. The fact that you see nothing wrong with your 'running gag' is what demonstrates your ignorance. I can only assume you have had it tough or were poorly educated to turn out such an ar*ehole - (or do my expletives offend your ever so sensitive ears?).... jeez.

If in your small and to be honest rather pathetic mind a glass of wine or a pint once or twice a week is a problem' date=' then yeah, best get over to the AA. The fact that you see nothing wrong with your 'running gag' is what demonstrates your ignorance. I can only assume you have had it tough or were poorly educated to turn out such an ar*ehole - (or do my expletives offend your ever so sensitive ears?).... jeez.[/quote']

It's always just a pint or a glass of wine, that's how it starts. Do you want to talk?

If in your small and to be honest rather pathetic mind a glass of wine or a pint once or twice a week is a problem' date=' then yeah, best get over to the AA. The fact that you see nothing wrong with your 'running gag' is what demonstrates your ignorance. I can only assume you have had it tough or were poorly educated to turn out such an ar*ehole - (or do my expletives offend your ever so sensitive ears?).... jeez.[/quote']

If you don't have a problem, which you've keep on telling us you don't, then why does it bother you so much whenever the subject comes up?

I was pleased to see you admit earlier you're an angry drunk so progress is being made, well done my friend.

Edited by Turkish

If you don't have a problem, which you've keep on telling us you don't, then why does it bother you so much whenever the subject comes up?

I was pleased to see you admit earlier you're an angry drunk so progress is being made, well done my friend.

To be fair Turks, gotta say if he has a real problem it's a bit harsh mocking him for it...

He hasn't, he told us he hasn't. So I'm not sure why he gets so angry everytime it's mentioned.

You are obviously fishing for a rise, to which FC is obliging every time you bring it up. However it is becoming tedious in crazy frog ring tone kind of way.

A brilliant summary.

Me: You've really got to have a laugh at those claiming that this is the worst window ever. They don't even have the sense to realise that the transfer window doesn't close for another week, so a bit premature to make snap judgements until then. And to judge the team on just two matches really takes the biscuit too. OK, a disappointing match against West Brom, who came here with spoiling tactics, but a very encouraging first match against the PL runners-up last season at Anfield. I can't be arsed to look back at the comments on here following our first home match last season, but that was a home draw too, 1-1 against Sunderland. Then ensued a good run of results, which may be replicated this season too. If it does, then some people will look pretty stupid.

I suspect that we have the typical knee-jerk reactions forming these opinions that are typical of certain posters on here following a match like this one. We didn't even lose it.

We did rather better against Sunderland at hime this year, didn't we? Even West Brom have proven to be no push-overs and arguably if we played Liverpool now, we would beat them. So we do indeed have a good run of results like we did last season and in retrospect the OP question "will this be the best transfer window for Saints ever" can be argued quite positively yes.

A brilliant summary.

Agree and I haven't tired of these posts getting bumped as so many feeble knobheads p1ssing their pants all summer getting reminded is just amusing.

Smugly I was in the keep calm camp although nearly jumped when Christian Gross moved up the bookies list.

Don't really know Frank's cousin and what he has posted in the past and sure he is made of sturn stuff. But tiresome responding to every post in same way and is just like playground bullying. Nothing to be proud of.

Edited by whelk

He hasn't, he told us he hasn't. So I'm not sure why he gets so angry everytime it's mentioned.

Simple really - although not really any of your business a- but when you lose a close cried that you have known for 20+ years to liver failure, it tends to make one little sensitive to such constant and ill informed jibes. Would his now 14 year old son think these comments a classic attempt at web forum will me up and hilarious or that you, Fry and your little sycophant hypo were arseholes?

Simple really - although not really any of your business a- but when you lose a close cried that you have known for 20+ years to liver failure' date=' it tends to make one little sensitive to such constant and ill informed jibes. Would his now 14 year old son think these comments a classic attempt at web forum will me up and hilarious or that you, Fry and your little sycophant hypo were arseholes?[/quote']

Apologies for the auto correct typos , Done in haste as flight to board- Should be close 'friend ' and web forum 'wind up' - sadly the rest is correct

Whelk - don't think any one has a problem calling up those who were out of order calling KL all sorts of unpleasant things - and I was an arse for what I said about Kruger - but is it really that necessary to keep calling up to very time someone posts something that is proven wrong in future? Sure some go a bit OTT but this is just a web forum about football, surely as good a place as any to vent and let off the steam?

If we get this constant fudging up of posters previous, it will just put folks off posting - and even hose over emotive posts add to the diverse option and debate even if it's disliked by others?

Simple really - although not really any of your business a- but when you lose a close cried that you have known for 20+ years to liver failure' date=' it tends to make one little sensitive to such constant and ill informed jibes. Would his now 14 year old son think these comments a classic attempt at web forum will me up and hilarious or that you, Fry and your little sycophant hypo were arseholes?[/quote']

I think you're getting a bit carried away Franco. Lighten up a bit, if you can. No dimissing your unfortunately situation your friend but Lets not forget its you using all the swear words and name calling, you who is using all your posts in a day angrily telling me what a arsehole i am, you regularly name checking me on posts, often even on threads i haven't even commented in, it also you posting before 6am in the morning as you board a flight! It seems to me you're a little a bit fragile and taking things to heart, if that's the case then i'd suggest mongboards probably arent the place for you.

Edited by Turkish

• 2 months later...

I was going to start a thread like this but found this one.

9.5/10 for player recruitment last summer. Taider the only let down and it's not like we miss him as Reed has stepped up.

1 or 2 additions this window of the same ilk as the others and we'll be laughing.

I was going to start a thread like this but found this one.

9.5/10 for player recruitment last summer. Taider the only let down and it's not like we miss him as Reed has stepped up.

1 or 2 additions this window of the same ilk as the others and we'll be laughing.

As much as you can do a lot of research, you can't really know how a player is going to act until they get here. Taider probably came to what he saw as a little club expecting to be first choice.