Will the Club make some kind of statement

9-3

Anything they say -- anything any club or player ever says -- is just bullcrud they think we want to hear. Actions speak louder than words -- let's just get out on the pitch and play great football... and thrash Liverpool while we're at it if possible please!

Looking forward to how they try and justify the Chambers sale & misleading info about why he was absent from friendly or will it be another one liner.

No doubt the Club will try and get a signing over the line and make a big statement acting like that somehow makes flogging chambers ok & everything is hunky dory.

Looking forward to how they try and justify the Chambers sale & misleading info about why he was absent from friendly or will it be another one liner.

No doubt the Club will try and get a signing over the line and make a big statement acting like that somehow makes flogging chambers ok & everything is hunky dory.

How about its a **** load of money for someone who's played 20 times in the top division and we already have a better RB.

They can't justify it so they won't try. It will be a similar statement Imo to the lovren one and when they do finally make a signing they will send Koeman out to big it up.

No point, a statement won't change anything, just ask Neville Chamberlain.

"I have to tell you now that no such undertaking has been received, and that consequently this country is at war with Germany" seemed to change quite a lot. .

They can't justify it so they won't try. It will be a similar statement Imo to the lovren one and when they do finally make a signing they will send Koeman out to big it up.

I tend to think it'll more Shaw route. Sad to see go, fought to get good deal, what a fabby dabby doo academy we have and how he will leave us and carry forward top class pedigree for someone else.

I tend to think it'll more Shaw route. Sad to see go, fought to get good deal, what a fabby dabby doo academy we have and how he will leave us and carry forward top class pedigree for someone else.

“This deal is a good one for Southampton Football Club, and hopefully sends a clear message to other clubs wishing to bid for our players.

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/27062014-statement-luke-shaw-joins-manchester-united-1696489.aspx#c592Mi6LHHjDEoWv.99

Probably. Can't see any of the guys at the top making any sort of statement though. Will probably send out the Gareth bloke. They wouldn't dare make another statement about other clubs bidding for our players though as even they can no longer pretend that that statement had any substance.

Edited by hypochondriac

We are owed an explanation at the very least. We are being taken as mugs. Those that have forked out hundreds £ on ST have been duped. I did not renew, not happy about it but circumstances dictate that I just couldn't do it. I appear to have got off lightly. Why do they just not communicate with us??

We are owed an explanation at the very least. We are being taken as mugs. Those that have forked out hundreds £ on ST have been duped. I did not renew, not happy about it but circumstances dictate that I just couldn't do it. I appear to have got off lightly. Why do they just not communicate with us??

Why should they?

We're owed little or nothing as ST 'owners', and most definitely nothing if you're not.

Jesus H Christ…There are some amazing idiots on here! Right!!! Shaw was a done deal to Man Utd at the back end of last season! He wanted to join a bigger club before he signed a profession contract with us! As everyone knows Chelsea was stiffing around him, but the club convinced him to stay for one year which helped increase his value.

Lambert was let go by the club for his fantastic services and to help him fulfil his boyhood dream as his career was coming to an end. The club said what a gentleman he was to the end and also said he was welcome back anytime.

The club did not want Lallana to leave but as you all know he forced the clubs hand! The same can be said for Lovren! As for Chambers who knows perhaps Ronald thinks it’s more money in the pot to buy better players…and anyway he’s not a massive lost.

All of this is down to player power…If a player wants to go he will go and there’s not a lot can be done about it! So get over it and let’s see who we get in to replace the want away players we had.

No point, a statement won't change anything, just ask Neville Chamberlain.

LOL , I hold in my hand a piece of paper , on which is Mr Schneiderlins assurance that he wont feck off to Spurs.

Please realise that this was an almost enevitable fallout post NCs leaving. We punched above our weight and attracted people to the club ( and maintained players who were improving ) on the premise that something 'phenomenal' was happening here. We were going for the title and CL at least. Well, when you make those promises the sort of player that comes is not the sort of player who will hang around when a better offer comes calling. Fact is if we hadn't made those claims some of these players would have left over the last 3 years - what we are seeing is it all happening at once. They have ALL left for much bigger clubs and for a huge amount of money. What on earth would have been gained by keeping Lovren here against his will ?

Wait and see what we spend our money on.

And the chambers thing ? we;; we'll never know but it was obvious that last season we had 2 very very good young English right backs - both of whom wanted large amounts of first team football, maybe that's why one left who knows

Why should they?

Because we are customers.

A customer is the most important

visitor on our premises. He is not

dependent on us. We are dependent

on him. He is not an interruption in

our work. He is the purpose of it.

He is not an outsider in our

business. He is part of it. We are

not doing him a favor by serving

him. He is doing us a favor by

giving us an opportunity to do so.

Mahatma Ghandi

Jesus H Christ…There are some amazing idiots on here! Right!!! Shaw was a done deal to Man Utd at the back end of last season! He wanted to join a bigger club before he signed a profession contract with us! As everyone knows Chelsea was stiffing around him, but the club convinced him to stay for one year which helped increase his value.

Lambert was let go by the club for his fantastic services and to help him fulfil his boyhood dream as his career was coming to an end. The club said what a gentleman he was to the end and also said he was welcome back anytime.

The club did not want Lallana to leave but as you all know he forced the clubs hand! The same can be said for Lovren! As for Chambers who knows perhaps Ronald thinks it’s more money in the pot to buy better players…and anyway he’s not a massive lost.

All of this is down to player power…If a player wants to go he will go and there’s not a lot can be done about it! So get over it and let’s see who we get in to replace the want away players we had.

......where do you come from with all that common sense reasoning ?. You'll upset the bed-wetters with that kind of logic. I agree with every word. Publish this every day until it hurts .

Only statement I want to see is a good batch of siblings before the window closes.A statement of intent and some evidence that transfer kitty is being reinvested .This could be the start of a really exciting season .I will wait until then before wetting myself and organising a protest .

Because we are customers.

A customer is the most important

visitor on our premises. He is not

dependent on us. We are dependent

on him. He is not an interruption in

our work. He is the purpose of it.

He is not an outsider in our

business. He is part of it. We are

not doing him a favor by serving

him. He is doing us a favor by

giving us an opportunity to do so.

Mahatma Ghandi

Never trust a man in sandals.

Even if they made a statement I wouldn't believe anything they say. Absolute joke at the moment.

Get someone who knows what they are in doing in charge. Reed is running everything at the moment, and to me not very well either. Also the club need to look up the word 'no' in the dictionary.

The Club must make a statement.

After the Chairman said we are not a selling club and have no need to sell.

Can the Club please communicate to the supporters/customers.

There is absolutely no need for the club to make a statement. What are you expecting them to say? "We sold lots of players who didn't really want to be here for lots of money and are now reinvesting in the playing staff"? They already said that and people are choosing not to believe it.

I'd far rather they got on with the business of signing players than placating the flappers.

Or will KL come out and say I am only trying to get the money back that my father put into the club and once I have done that I will sell to the highest bidder.

The money is already in the club and the players are assets which would be sold with the club. If you sell players the value of the club decreases. There is no logic whatsoever to that theory.

What would be the point - every word will be picked apart and "hidden" meanings sought. Then there will be cries of its not enough. They have tried being open and the fans weren't happy, so they doing what the swiss do best and staying schtum.

I have to say, since this weekends sales, my calm resolve to wait and sees what transpires by the end of the window is being sorely tested. confidence is giving way to hope.

The biggest statement they can make is the state of the squad at the start of September.

And as others have said, any written statement they now make will be worthless as all they've done since May is lie so why would anyone believe them?

I am afraid to say that you are correct here. The only way I would believe anything from SFC, and it is something I think KL should seriously do right now (ie today), is replace Ralph and the words come from someone who knows what they are doing.

......where do you come from with all that common sense reasoning ?. You'll upset the bed-wetters with that kind of logic. I agree with every word. Publish this every day until it hurts .

Or, you know, just think it and not bow down to the stupid short-termist panickers by making endless statements of the exact same thing on a daily basis.

Maybe we should have a "code red/amber/green" flag outside St Mary's so the stress heads could run down there and check if everything was nice or not? :mcinnes:

Or, you know, just think it and not bow down to the stupid short-termist panickers by making endless statements of the exact same thing on a daily basis.

The supporters/customers might be "stupid short-termist panickers" but it is arrogant to ignore why they are being "stupid short-termist panickers". Take your customers for granted and you might find yourself going backwards. In this instance, football supporters are much more of a captive audience than other businesses, but we'll see what happens with the attendance figures. If they drop from 30k to say 28k, is it really worth not allaying customers fears and potentially losing out on so much revenue?

What would be the point - every word will be picked apart and "hidden" meanings sought. Then there will be cries of its not enough. They have tried being open and the fans weren't happy, so they doing what the swiss do best and staying schtum.

I have to say, since this weekends sales, my calm resolve to wait and sees what transpires by the end of the window is being sorely tested. confidence is giving way to hope.

They tried being open buy the it transpired that what they said was just lies. You are probably right though, no statement can adequately explain selling the likes of chambers and most fans wouldn't want to see them try.

The supporters/customers might be "stupid short-termist panickers" but it is arrogant to ignore why they are being "stupid short-termist panickers". Take your customers for granted and you might find yourself going backwards. In this instance, football supporters are much more of a captive audience than other businesses, but we'll see what happens with the attendance figures. If they drop from 30k to say 28k, is it really worth not allaying customers fears and potentially losing out on so much revenue?

A statement wouldn't make the blindest difference to how many turn up for the first home match. And that attendance will be down because it always is for the first match anyway due to holidays.