Morgan and Jay to Follow According to Simon Peach

brett24

is peach a reliable source? he seems to have a bit of a joke tag on here.

Surely Spurs would not but Rodrigues with the injury!!! Seems a bit of devilment in that post

Peach is fine, knows his stuff. Crook is the one with the joke tag.

How long before Boruc is off to Bornemuff and Jose off to Burnley and Cork off to Norwich etc....

I was looking at the predictions thread and I reckon to finish 17th will be outstanding achievement for Billy Sharp, Hooivel, Gazza and the youth squad.

Gone:

Guly, Unassigned Players, Released

Adam Lallana, Liverpool, £25.0m

Rickie Lambert, Liverpool, £4.0m

Luke Shaw, Manchester United, £27.0m

Dejan Lovren, Liverpool, £20m

Callum Chambers, Arsenal, £16m

Dani Osvaldo, £??, MIA

Going:

Morgan Schneiderlin, £??, Spurs

Jay Rodriguez, £??, Spurs

No contract:

Jose Fonte, £??,

Jack Cork, £??,

Why stay?:

Gaston Ramirez, £??,

Victor Wanyama, £??,

Artur Boruc, £??,

Edited by Killers Knee
forgot about the other 2

is peach a reliable source? he seems to have a bit of a joke tag on here.

Surely Spurs would not but Rodrigues with the injury!!! Seems a bit of devilment in that post

Yes he is as reliable source as any plus he is a fan. This story is also now independently being reported by others, I am sure it has legs and comes as no surprise to me.

*This is my first time post, sorry if it's a little cr4p.

I've been reading this site for years and do so everyday, I used to just enjoy reading, however with everything that is going on I feel I need to get involved slightly.

I've never in all my years of supporting Southampton and watching football, I'm not too old so started around 94, ever seeing anything like this. I'm not a bedwetter and I'm a glass half full chap but the fact that Les Reed has the gaul to come out today and say "Our position remains unchanged in that we are determined to keep our best young players at the club” is just insulting to the fans do you not agree? This has to be considered a fire sale now, if Jay Rod and Morgan do go now then there is no one immediately obvious who is as desirable as they are, other than perhaps Gaston overseas.

I still massively hold on to the fact that RK wouldn't have become our manager if he didn't already know this and was happy about and had a proper contingency plan, however the longer this goes on and no new signings or even decent rumours, it is hard to not be a tad worried.

Would this push as over the line as world record holders for most dollar received in one window?

Srs question, no trolls pls!

I tell you, this is not the time for trolling. I think we are in big big trouble ! I am almost in tears.

Doubt it. He gets to build his own team with a ton of money. That's what managers like when they come in. Let's just hope it's spent well.

What makes you think he'll get all of it to spend? Lovren and Chambers statements make no mention of the funds being re-invested into the first team.

Surely not?

Has to be a wind up. There is no way this number of first teamers would be sold.

Well Morgan is deffo going, you would think. I would still be surprised by Jay, not because I think the dumb board would ever turn down a bid, but just cos I can't see General Levy taking a gamble on player with ACL injury.

It is ridiculous tho. I almost hope we also shift on Cork and Fonte, just for the lols :(

This board has become a joke. Amateurs. I cringed the day Cortese left and this is why. A rudderless ship hurtling at a rate of knots headlong into the abyss. Reminds me of this quote from The Dark Tower

"Do they see the lethal insanity of a race to the brink of oblivion, and then over the edge? Apparently not. If" they did, surely they wouldn't be racing to begin with. Or is it a simple failure of imagination? One doesn't like to think such a rudimentary failing could bring about the end, yet.."

I still massively hold on to the fact that RK wouldn't have become our manager if he didn't already know this and was happy about and had a proper contingency plan, however the longer this goes on and no new signings or even decent rumours, it is hard to not be a tad worried.

That's the only glimmer of hope that I have as well.

*This is my first time post, sorry if it's a little cr4p.

I've been reading this site for years and do so everyday, I used to just enjoy reading, however with everything that is going on I feel I need to get involved slightly.

I've never in all my years of supporting Southampton and watching football, I'm not too old so started around 94, ever seeing anything like this. I'm not a bedwetter and I'm a glass half full chap but the fact that Les Reed has the gaul to come out today and say "Our position remains unchanged in that we are determined to keep our best young players at the club” is just insulting to the fans do you not agree? This has to be considered a fire sale now, if Jay Rod and Morgan do go now then there is no one immediately obvious who is as desirable as they are, other than perhaps Gaston overseas.

+1 on this.

I really hope it is as simple as generating funds to push on with a new project. However I really wonder now.

Gut feel now (and I'm no bedwetter) is that RK will be gone in a month.

What a pathetic excuse of a board we have. We are likely to be in a relegation battle. What club has ever sold this many players! Even ones that have been relegated. Totally furious with this ineptness at the club!

I'd take 'battle' over 'adrift' at the moment.

Doubt it. He gets to build his own team with a ton of money. That's what managers like when they come in. Let's just hope it's spent well.

We will have to pay £3-5m over the top on every player as the whole footballing world knows we are more than desperate and have a £100m kitty.